Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    bad day for u cech and mirallas owners

Don't have cech but have Cahill whose clean sheet potential has been lessened .
    I also have distin , Silva and mirallas. Demel also but I think he will be OK. Had yaya as well but sold him. Boruc missed 2 weeks for me and sub is their sub goalie who was also injured.Not having the best run !

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Plan was Lallana and Lukaka out for Rooney and Ramsey for -4. Now with Mirallas out, I can't afford to swap Mirallas/Lukaka for Rooney/Ramsey. Do you think it's worth a -8 to take Mirallas? Otherwise it mean playing Puncheon.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    bad day for u cech and mirallas owners

Could be adding Terry to that by the looks of things....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Could be adding Terry to that by the looks of things....

He's gone.

All my defenders away from home (distin injured too) so had planned on playing Cahill even against pool. Can't see them keeping a clean sheet without cech and terry though. If I could read giggs mind I'd take a hit for a united defender!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Terry and Cech off injured.

Suarez will be licking his lips and he becomes a massive captaincy choice now.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Suarez will be licking his lips and he becomes a massive captaincy choice now.

I was just thinking the same myself. I had planned to go with Rooney but those are two huge losses for Chelsea.

km79 wrote: »
    All my defenders away from home (distin injured too) so had planned on playing Cahill even against pool. Can't see them keeping a clean sheet without cech and terry though. If I could read giggs mind I'd take a hit for a united defender!

Thinking the same now myself on Cahill, I'd say fit Evra and Vidic would be Giggs certs.....

Thinking the same now myself on Cahill, I'd say fit Evra and Vidic would be Giggs certs.....
    Yes .......hhhmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lot of injuries the past week or so tonights are gonna be messing up a few teams who have already had to take a hit or two to fix things.

I'm still in very trigger happy season fizzled out mode and very tempted to do my first ever-12.

Out. Lallana, Silva, Lukaku, Adrian
    In. Ramsey, Mata, Rooney, De Gea.
    All have great fixture this week ans United players a good double game week after that.
    I expect Giggs to go very attacking a the players to want to show what they can do. How they'll be defensively is a risk, however they play the team with the worst away scoring record in the league this week followed by the 11th and 15th worst next week.

Time to blow into the cup and then roll that dice baby.

Team for dgw with one ft to make (which could be Gerrard to Yaya) would be...

DDG
    Zab, Kos, Azpi
    Mata, Gerrard/Yaya, Eriksen, Ramsey
    Aguero, Rooney, Suarez

Brown stays on the bench probably as Chelsea and Arsenal have Norwich and West Brom at home.
    Distin, Noone, Speroni other subs.

• Advertisement

Yes .......hhhmmmmmm

I'm waiting on cahill to score a league goal for 2 months, think I will give him one more game....

I'm waiting on cahill to score a league goal for 2 months, think I will give him one more game....

I'll still have Cahill. I'd be selling distin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

This is making for an interesting run-in. Tonight's injuries have zero impact on my team in terms of transfers but playing Sterling and maybe captaining Suarez instead of Rambo becomes a very real option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

This is making for an interesting run-in. Tonight's injury's have zero impact on my team in terms of transfers but playing Sterling and maybe captaining Suarez instead of Rambo becomes a very real option.

Yep, captaincy will be back on Suarez for me.

United fans..who do you think will be the back four over next few games?

Considering fixtures and am now *slightly* more inclined to bring Rooney in this week and wait until next week for Aguero.

I'll probably change my mind on that and captaincy a million times by Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

El festino wrote: »

Rafael, Vidic, Evra and one of either Rio or Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

impossible to predict, as a manager who thought he'd be around next season moyes would have been likely to go with youth, and take a look at some players, see how smalling and jones got on and if he needed to buy a new centre back with vidic going.

with giggs taking over now all bets are off, he'll just want to win the 4 matches, i would expect rio to come into the picture now and obviously vidic will get at least a couple of games to see him off.
    evra most likely to play but even then buttner might be given 1 of the 4.
    as a united fan i say, it's a minefield, look elsewhere.

zarquon wrote: »

Problem is rafael and evra may still be injured........vidic is the safest pick id say

mata and rooney in, lallana and lukaka out, 4 point hit.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »

i would expect jones and smalling to play some part too, as i said in my other post, it's impossible to predict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

don't get anyone lookin at united defenders, they've been p*ss poor at the back all season, Sunderland have put 2 past City and Chelsea (away in both games), other game is Hull maybe they get a cs there, but i wouldn't be confident in it. Personally, i'd vouch for someone like Kosc over any United def, nice remaining fixtures and Arse doin their usual trick of hittin peak form in order to ensure champs league qualification, Kosc has been a demon for the baps too

Hogey007 wrote: »
    impossible to predict, as a manager who thought he'd be around next season moyes would have been likely to go with youth, and take a look at some players, see how smalling and jones got on and if he needed to buy a new centre back with vidic going.

with giggs taking over now all bets are off, he'll just want to win the 4 matches, i would expect rio to come into the picture now and obviously vidic will get at least a couple of games to see him off.
    evra most likely to play but even then buttner might be given 1 of the 4.
    as a united fan i say, it's a minefield, look elsewhere.
    Thanks, good points. I was looking between a united defender or Kos. The more I think about, the more I think Kos is the sensible transfer.

Thanks, good points. I was looking between a united defender or Kos. The more I think about, the more I think Kos is the sensible transfer.

United have 2 home games gw37 ......;)

United have 2 home games gw37 ......;)

Haha

manual_man wrote: »
    don't get anyone lookin at united defenders, they've been p*ss poor at the back all season, Sunderland have put 2 past City and Chelsea (away in both games), other game is Hull maybe they get a cs there, but i wouldn't be confident in it. Personally, i'd vouch for someone like Kosc over any United def, nice remaining fixtures and Arse doin their usual trick of hittin peak form in order to ensure champs league qualification, Kosc has been a demon for the baps too

All true. But if you include Norwich they are playing three teams who on average have been very goal shy away from home.

I'm looking at DeGea asmy current keepers are Adrian and Speroni who have tough games next two gws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I'd love for Suarez to get wound up at Chelsea like he did against city but to get sent off, would mean I could get rid and get Rooney for the DGW.

Also would really like for Smalling to play this weekend, and play well, so then I could bring him in, I'm not a fan of doubling up on Everton Defenders, but chances of Drummett keeping clean sheet anytime soon is low, So stones and coleman will start together for the 3rd GW running - 32 points in last two GW not bad return but with City coming up soon I doubt it will continue.

FHFC wrote: »
    All true. But if you include Norwich they are playing three teams who on average have been very goal shy away from home.

I'm looking at DeGea asmy current keepers are Adrian and Speroni who have tough games next two gws.

Hmmm well looking at a teams last match is always a good ide, Norwich scored 2 against 'Pool and more importantly actually played well, their backs are against the wall it's do or die time so i'd put money on them to score against United, actually the only game remaining i genuinely feel united might get a cs in is against Hull, i see the temptation with a double, but it has been shown time and time again that 2 games doesnt necessarily mean more points. i plan to look like this goin into the double:

Mannone Ruddy
    Kosc Zaba Coleman Bardsley Ward
    Yaya Eriksen Ramsey Mata Johnson
    Suarez Aguero Pod

Injuries have forced my hand a bit and it'll mean taking a decent points hit, but i'd be very confident with that set up, for the dgw, and gw38 also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Capture.png

Any opinions welcome, not sure where I'm going with this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Went for Mata in, Silva out. Hoping for him to be actually played in his proper position now and thinking that United will get a bit of a bounce with Moyes gone.

Mourinho says he wants to rest starting 11 vs pool but Roman has the final
    Call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Terry gone now,what a week if injures. Will be playing Chester,Zab and Coleman as my backline next GW.

I imagine there are quite a few teams that have been a bit wrecked.

I'm half expecting to log in tomorrow and see that Ramsey fell over and injured himself in training or something. :pac:

Hmmm well looking at a teams last match is always a good ide, Norwich scored 2 against 'Pool and more importantly actually played well, their backs are against the wall it's do or die time so i'd put money on them to score against United, actually the only game remaining i genuinely feel united might get a cs in is against Hull

Norwich were at home at the weekend though. They've been decent at home at times, but woeful away all season, worst away scoring record in the league. Something like 6 goals in last 10 away.

I have Adrian (WBA away, Spurs home) and Speroni (man city home and Liverpool home). DDG has to have a great chance of out scoring those with the three games he has.

Norwich were at home at the weekend though. They've been decent at home at times, but woeful away all season, worst away scoring record in the league. Something like 6 goals in last 10 away.

I have Adrian (WBA away, Spurs home) and Speroni (man city home and Liverpool home). DDG has to have a great chance of out scoring those with the three games he has.

well if you can do it without a hit... yeah... but equally there's mannone who's on good scoring form. for 4.5. and you might use the extra funds elsewhere then if u wish

edit: ok maybe Mannone isn't on brilliant scoring form, but he does have sex 10+ point hauls since gw13 :P

• Advertisement

he does have sex 10+ point hauls since gw13 :P

Impressive as that sounds!?! :D

I'm taking hits for fun given my league positions.

Had a quick look at the clean sheet odds on bet365 for this game week (why don't I do this every week)..

Best 6 in order are:
    Arsenal 10/11
    Swans and Man City both 11/10
    Man Utd 6/5
    Fulham and west Brom both 7/4

Palace are at 7/1 (3rd worst) and West Ham 9/2

The two worst are Newcastle 9/1 and Norwich 8/1.....

Chelsea are at 5/1!! Liverpool 2/1.

Impressive as that sounds!?! :D

I'm taking hits for fun given my league positions.

Had a quick look at the clean sheet odds on bet365 for this game week (why don't I do this every week)..

Best 6 in order are:
    Arsenal 10/11
    Swans and Man City both 11/10
    Man Utd 6/5
    Fulham and west Brom both 7/4

Palace are at 7/1 (3rd worst) and West Ham 9/2

The two worst are Newcastle 9/1 and Norwich 8/1.....

Chelsea are at 5/1!! Liverpool 2/1.

You forgot Sunderland(13/8)

You forgot Sunderland(13/8)

I did.

And if I do my hit I can field a back 4 of Man U, Sunderland, Arsenal and Man City! :D

For a man who has given up on his season the fact that I'm still sitting up at 20 past midnight writing down clean sheets odds on a piece of tissue paper sin somewhat worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Got in Rooney this week, giving me a strong lineup up top

Manone
    Smalling Coleman Bardsley
    lallana Ramsay Erikson mata
    Rooney Aguero Suarez

Boruc, Amalfitano Ivan Ward.

Then next week have money to ship Lallana to Yaya- Coleman to Demich/ Zab
    Then bring Sturidge/ Sterling back for gw 38 sorted :cool:

I did.

And if I do my hit I can field a back 4 of Man U, Sunderland, Arsenal and Man City! :D

For a man who has given up on his season the fact that I'm still sitting up at 20 past midnight writing down clean sheets odds on a piece of tissue paper sin somewhat worrying.

Its ok, you're with friends here

• Advertisement

I'm now down Mirallas, Silva and Terry this week. I also have Bardsley and he may not regain his place.

A 4 point hit is definitely needed. I may even need to go to 8.

wouldn't be getting him myself as it's a waste of a transfer that i need elsewhere but anyone that needs a new keeper could do worse than schwarzer at 4.5 after the liverpool game. i know they lose their appeal a bit without terry too but if you already had cech it might be a decent transfer to free up funds as they play norwich at home then cardiff away.
    if they do qualify for the champions league final i wouldn't touch anyone from chelsea though as although schwarzer might play, i would expect the rest of the backline to be very makeshift for the last 2 games after they are officially ruled out of the title on liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FutureGuy wrote: »

Suarez will be licking his lips now.

yum yum ivanovic

8 point hit done, still holding Silva/Cahill and with the threat of Chelsea fielding a Leeds Old boys 11 at Liverpool........ no matter what's going on in the world Jose always makes it about Jose!!!

8 point hit done, still holding Silva/Cahill and with the threat of Chelsea fielding a Leeds Old boys 11 at Liverpool........ no matter what's going on in the world Jose always makes it about Jose!!!

Pure mind games. He'll field his best 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Podolski or Rooooooooney?

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    Podolski or Rooooooooney?

I'm going Rooney with Ramsey for Arsenal cover.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm now down Mirallas, Silva and Terry this week. I also have Bardsley and he may not regain his place.

A 4 point hit is definitely needed. I may even need to go to 8.
    Similar position too. I was hoping to get Rooney in too. Are you still thinking of getting Rooney in?

My plan as follows:
    Mirallas to Ramsey
    Terry to Kos (-4)
    and possibly Lukaka to Rooney (-8)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

vQmuQZi.png

Trying to decide whether to take an additional 4 point hit to get Mata in for Silva, but am also considering going against the norm and looking elsewhere, any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

If ever I need Gerrard and Skrtel to perform its Sunday. Win to nil please with Gerrard involved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement