Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

roryc wrote: »
    If ever I need Gerrard and Skrtel to perform its Sunday. Win to nil please with Gerrard involved.

I was surprised to see that Pool were 5/1 for a clean sheet.

I'm hoping that fate will ensure that 'Mr Liverpool' is involved in sealing the title. I could take or leave the clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

would i be made to swap out suarez for rooney? Would free up cash to do eriksen to mata the following week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

El festino wrote: »
    Similar position too. I was hoping to get Rooney in too. Are you still thinking of getting Rooney in?

My plan as follows:
    Mirallas to Ramsey
    Terry to Kos (-4)
    and possibly Lukaka to Rooney (-8)

My plan was always to go Lukaku to Rooney. Ramsey is in such good form and Mirallas/Silva are injured so I'll also go Mirallas to Ramsey. That's my -4.

I have been contemplaying a -8 for Terry to Kompany but, to make that worthwhile, I'd have to bench Bardsley/Chester and rely on City to keep a clean sheet which is too many ifs, buts and maybes for me.

I'll hold off for a City defender until the following week. I may also take an unplanned -4 that week to go Silva to Yaya, Nasri or Adam Johnson.

My team this weekend will be:

Mannone
    Bardsley, Chester, Coleman
    Ramsey Eriksen Mata Lallana
    Rooney Suarez Aguero

Ward is my only fit sub with Terry and Silva injured. I'll be holding off on all transfers until Friday night/Saturday morning. I couldn't give a flute about price rises or falls at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Pulled the thrigger on a 4pts hit:

Hazard -˃ Ramsey
    Haz injured and Rambo playing Newcastle (H), WBA (H) and Norwich (A)

Lukaku -˃ Rooney
    Everton has tough fixtures and Rooney will be playing an extra game

Mannone
    Zaba Baines Azpi
    Barkley Gerrard Ramsey Erikson
    Aguero Suarez Rooney

Bench: Adrian, Ward, Chambers, Noone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Green&Red wrote: »
    would i be made to swap out suarez for rooney? Would free up cash to do eriksen to mata the following week

Depends on your rank and if you want to make up ground. Go against Suarez and he runs riot you'll drop like a stone but go against and his points pace slows then you should see a nice little ranking jump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

bezuaua wrote: »
    Pulled the thrigger on a 4pts hit:

Hazard -˃ Ramsey
    Haz injured and Rambo playing Newcastle (H), WBA (H) and Norwich (A)

Lukaku -˃ Rooney
    Everton has tough fixtures and Rooney will be playing an extra game

Took the exact same hit myself last night. Seems like a bit of a no brainer really should easily recoup the 4 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

can wait til friday team news to hit the button, but i've more a less decided on a -12 hit

already turfed out Lukaku for Pod earlier in week

I'm looking at 3 more transfers, Mirallas->Johnson Bassong->Kosc McCartney->Bardsley

to leave me:

Mannone Ruddy

Bardsley Coleman Kosc Zaba Ward
    Johnson Eriksen Ramsey Mata Silva
    Suarez Aguero Pod

As long as Yaya is back, Silva to him should be my only transfer next week (meaning no points hit for the doubler), and what i think will be quite a nice setup. Looking to finish with a bang, been on a steady upward curve for a while and would be great if i could get in to the 100k. Top place still up for grabs in my 2 H2H leagues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Any truth to the rumours that Mourinho is planning a weakened team against Liverpool at the weekend?
    Also that Sturridge was intentionally rested on the Norwich game so he's available this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any truth to the rumours that Mourinho is planning a weakened team against Liverpool at the weekend?
    Also that Sturridge was intentionally rested on the Norwich game so he's available this week?

The 2nd one almost definitely isn't true. Rodgers is not an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

No and no. Sturridge was injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

roryc wrote: »
    No and no. Sturridge was injured.

Will he be back this week though? Want to know should I take the 4 point hit to shift him.

Will he be back this week though? Want to know should I take the 4 point hit to shift him.

Just wait for news.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

i wouldnt go near rooney until fridays press conference. There was talk about him being out for the season last week with his toe. He haa really struggled against bayern and everton so wouldnt be the biggest shock to see him ruled out to get right for the world cup. I know moyes said last week that rooney is fine but id prefer to wait to see what giggs says.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Its easy for Mourinho to interchange certain players and keep up a faux weakened facade, the following is possible for Liverpool leaving plenty of rest:

Keeper - stuck with Schwarzer

Defence - Cahill and Luiz centre (not much choice) with Ivan (rested yesterday) and possibly Cole with Apzil to come back for Madrid

Mids - Mikel and/or Lampard (both suspended for 2nd game), Matic (cup tied), choice of two from Willian, Salah, Oscar (only Willian played last night)

Forwards - Eto if fit

i wouldnt go near rooney until fridays press conference. There was talk about him being out for the season last week with his toe. He haa really struggled against bayern and everton so wouldnt be the biggest shock to see him ruled out to get right for the world cup. I know moyes said last week that rooney is fine but id prefer to wait to see what giggs says.

Aaaagghh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

FHFC wrote: »
    I was surprised to see that Pool were 5/1 for a clean sheet.

I'm hoping that fate will ensure that 'Mr Liverpool' is involved in sealing the title. I could take or leave the clean sheet.

where was that? I might take some of that action. was it an enhanced price or just a regular bet?

Hogey007 wrote: »
    where was that? I might take some of that action. was it an enhanced price or just a regular bet?

Bet365. Normal bet.

Probably about the fifth/sixth time I've said it in the last two weeks, but I am literally delaying all transfers now until Friday night/Saturday morning.

Price rises/falls aren't worth much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

I wasn't planning on doing them yet, but saw the top 3 in the world had already made them and if it's good enough for them... :P

A little worried but at least I won't be the only one.

rosskind wrote: »
    I wasn't planning on doing them yet, but saw the top 3 in the world had already made them and if it's good enough for them... :P

A little worried but at least I won't be the only one.

How do you see if someone has made subs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

It's at the bottom of their page under Transfer & Finance. It says Gameweek transfers, you can't see who the transfers are but you can see how many.

rosskind wrote: »
    It's at the bottom of their page under Transfer & Finance. It says Gameweek transfers, you can't see who the transfers are but you can see how many.

Thanks, I had assumed that only related to the week just closed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Thanks, I had assumed that only related to the week just closed...

The figure on top of their points page is the week closed. The one at the bottom is what's happening just this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

The figure on top of their points page is the week closed. The one at the bottom is what's happening just this week.

I honestly never knew about that, bit late now haha. Pretty useful if you want to monitor a rival's activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I honestly never knew about that, bit late now haha. Pretty useful if you want to monitor a rival's activity.

Well it hasn't done you any harm not knowing anyway! I'm not sure it's always an advantage as you should always pick the players you think are going to score most points(obviously!). When you start making blocking transfers and playing defensive in a bid to stop your rivals from catching you that's when it can go against you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

FHFC wrote: »
    Bet365. Normal bet.

cheers, have an account with them so will throw a fiver on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Well it hasn't done you any harm not knowing anyway! I'm not sure it's always an advantage as you should always pick the players you think are going to score most points(obviously!). When you start making blocking transfers and playing defensive in a bid to stop your rivals from catching you that's when it can go against you.

A good advantage to it is if you check your rival and see he has made 2/3 transfers and then check last GW, you'll be able to see if he is take -4/-8 hit, which may help you decide whether to take hit or not as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Already have mannone and bardsley and am thinking of getting in alonso aswell and going triple sunderland defence for the last 3 gws. Cardiff, WBA and swansea all at home in the next 3 gws.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Already have mannone and bardsley and am thinking of getting in alonso aswell and going triple sunderland defence for the last 3 gws. Cardiff, WBA and swansea all at home in the next 3 gws.

Wow well that really is boom or bust, pun absolutely intended :D

• Advertisement

That certainly has a knock-on effect for those planning to captain Suarez.

Wow well that really is boom or bust, pun absolutely intended :D

need to free up some money to get rooney and also take a risk to close a 20 pt gap where my rival has 9 of the same players as me. The way I see it 0 CS bust, 1 CS worthwhile, 2 CS rising the rankings, 3 CS Boom Boom.
    Alternatives are utd ( havent a clue who will start) city( expensive and my rival has Zab with 3 sunderland it will allow me take a punt on any mid I want for gw 38(hazard maybe). WBA is another potential option but I prefer sunderlands fixtures and motivation.

Quotes in there confirming Sturridge's fitness: 0

Just him giving the whole I hope to be fit spiel you almost hear from players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace2007 wrote: »
    A good advantage to it is if you check your rival and see he has made 2/3 transfers and then check last GW, you'll be able to see if he is take -4/-8 hit, which may help you decide whether to take hit or not as well.

I know what you mean but other peoples transfers can never have any direct impact on my score so I tend not to pay any attention to them. I only take hits if I think they'll get me more points in the long run.

Anyway I'm going off topic, I brought in Mata and Rooney this week for Lukaku and Silva cos I'm scared that my main rival has them ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Giggs has supposedly declared that he will go back to the Utd way of playing... I fear for Mata this GW,quite likely he will lose out IMO.
    4-4-2 all the way for Mr.Giggs I reckon.

dahat wrote: »
    Giggs has supposedly declared that he will go back to the Utd way of playing... I fear for Mata this GW,quite likely he will lose out IMO.

Giggs has Scholes and Butt working with him. By the Utd way of playing, could he just be talking about attacking football?

Even if formation is changed, they'll try to shoehorn Mata in somewhere.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Giggs has Scholes and Butt working with him. By the Utd way of playing, could he just be talking about attacking football?

Even if formation is changed, they'll try to shoehorn Mata in somewhere.

Possibly but Mata anywhere but 10 and he is less effective. I fear for him mmyself especially when you think back to the day Schools was in the Sky studio moaning about lack of pace and wide men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

You think? I'm confident he'll start. United's best results recently have been beating Newcastle 4-0 away, where Mata got 2 goals and an assist, and the previous game where he bagged a goal and assist. I can see himself and Rooney both starting. You play your strongest players.

Wonder if we'll see the likes of Kagawa getting a run out for the last few games.

No way Giggs is going to slap the Glazers in the face by benching their £37m signing first game out, it would be the quickest way to ensure he gets gated asap.....

• Advertisement

Mata at 10 behind Rooney is where he is most effective and hard to see how he will fit in IF Giggs goes 4-4-2.
    Wellbeck,Valencia and Young have all been left out a bit recently and these lads will get games,Rooney at 10,with Wellz up top is my prediction.

Mata at 10 behind Rooney is where he is most effective and hard to see how he will fit in IF Giggs goes 4-4-2.
    Wellbeck,Valencia and Young have all been left out a bit recently and these lads will get games,Rooney at 10,with Wellz up top is my prediction.

It could be 4-4-1-1 with Mata behind Rooney though.

Far more likely and with Kagawa dropping out..... United could get 5 on Saturday or fail spectacularly, hopefully its 5!!

Quite possible too guess Saturday will reveal all.

I'm sure 'United way of playing' is just buzzwords. Arguably Moyes was trying too hard to play 'the United way' and did a terrible job of it. I expect goals on Saturday and for Mata and particularly Rooney to figure heavily

That's what I'd expect. Call it 442 with Rooney and Mata up top and Mata in a free role if ya like. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Giggs on the left wing then?

8-10 wrote: »
    Giggs on the left wing then?

Unlikely,Young I'd imagine,Giggs to give himself a run out v Hull maybe.

I wonder will attacking, flair players like Nani get a run now.

On last weeks showing he won't,so far off the pace it was unreal. Even accounting for Moyes hate he was still poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I wonder will attacking, flair players like Nani get a run now.

I'm an attacking, flair player and I'm not expecting a call up :D
    In other words, Nani is p*ss poor like myself.
    As an interim manager, I don't think he'll be sending out a team that people will question, I think it will be a a crowd pleasing team.
    Throwing on Nani or Young doesn't send a positive message, I'd expect Kagawa and Januzaj to be the main beneficiaries from having Giggs in charge.

Can't really see the front 6 come from anyone outside of this 8 assuming all fit and RVP isn't.

Carrick
    Fletch (or Kagawa)
    Januzaj
    Valencia (or Welbeck)
    Mata
    Rooney

I'd put money on him starting Januzaj... the youth, the future, etc etc. A good positive signal.
    Seeing that it's a home game against a fairly poor team, he I think he could favour both Welbeck and/or Kagawa, even though it would lead to a bit of an imbalanced team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement