Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

dahat wrote: »
    Unlikely,Young I'd imagine,Giggs to give himself a run out v Hull maybe.

has giggs scored in the prem yet this season ? If not he could play all games to make sure he keeps his record going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rikand wrote: »
    has giggs scored in the prem yet this season ? If not he could play all games to make sure he keeps his record going

He hasn't yet! If he wants to be taken seriously as a manager though you would hope that isn't a reason for picking himself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

jimmii wrote: »
    He hasn't yet! If he wants to be taken seriously as a manager though you would hope that isn't a reason for picking himself!!

I'd imagine Giggs, Scholes and the lads would hope to remain as coaches so will be taking the role very seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What is the latest on David Silva lads?

Doing Lukaku -> Rooney for definite.

Want to bring in Mata too, especially with the DGW, but if Silva will be fit for GW37 too, I'll probably go with taking out Lallana instead or just bank the 2nd transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SantryRed wrote: »
    What is the latest on David Silva lads?

Doing Lukaku -> Rooney for definite.

Want to bring in Mata too, especially with the DGW, but if Silva will be fit for GW37 too, I'll probably go with taking out Lallana instead or just bank the 2nd transfer.

Was reading a couple of sites last night and the speculation waa he could bw back before the end of this season bit seemed like the best case scenario was he might make the Villa game (second game of DGW37 but possibly just West Ham on final day. Have got rid myself, if Yaya comes through this weekend may get him back for DGW.

Edit. .
    Here's a link.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-silva-facing-three-week-lay-off-7017851

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Hi All

Any idea what the latest is on yaya and silva ? will any of them play in the next fixture

james123 wrote: »
    Hi All

Any idea what the latest is on yaya and silva ? will any of them play in the next fixture

Really? :-o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I hope Giggs plays Januzaj. I bought him in a few weeks ago with a transfer I wasn't gonna spend on the hopes he'd get two run-outs in 37.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

james123 wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm not sure. It's a pity a reliable poster like FHFC hasn't come along and posted a few links on Silva's injury.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Miralles -> Ramsey
    Sturridge -> Rooney

for a four point hit.

Should be worth it with Rooney home to Norwich this week and with a DGW coming up

I'm not sure. It's a pity a reliable poster like FHFC hasn't come along and posted a few links on Silva's injury.

Dagnabbit!!!

Plan is still -4:

Mirallas to Ramsey.
    Lukaku to Rooney.

Just waiting on press conference news today to confirm Rooney's fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Gigg's press conference today will be interesting. RVP is rumoured to be back and fit which would indicate deeper issues with the Moyes relationship if he now declares himself fit. Would also be an additional reason to take the captaincy from Rooney for this week as RVP will be on penalties.

If it's true that he is back, he could be the ultimate differential until the end of the season.

Edit - Press conference quote: "Only Rafael and Robin van Persie aren't fit. Everyone else is ok"

Looks like Rooney will be the main man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So now I have to choose...

Ft done, Ramsey in for Lallana so I have Silva and Lukaku to deal with. I only have Colback to replace Silva so I really need to to look at a replacement.
    Ideas?

Rooney for Lukaku is my ideal move,stick the band on him and see what happens.

-8,too much on a non DGW?

So now I have to choose...

Ft done, Ramsey in for Lallana so I have Silva and Lukaku to deal with. I only have Colback to replace Silva so I really need to to look at a replacement.
    Ideas?

Rooney for Lukaku is my ideal move,stick the band on him and see what happens.

I'm going at least -4 and will go -8 perhaps. Why not try to get another DGW player for Silva and at least you are doing -8 but getting two players with extra fixtures next GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Feck it. I'll buy Rooney this week and get Aguero next week. Everyone suddenly having faith in Rooney is making me have faith in him too.

Two subs this week: Rooney and Ramsey in.

Now to decide: who to sell for Rooney? Sturridge or Lukaku? Whichever stays is gone next week for Aguero and funds aren't an issue. Lukaku plays Southampton--who are solid of course. And Studge plays Chelsea so who knows how that'll go--as well as the fact he's just back from injury so may not be at his prime.

Any ideas? :D

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm going at least -4 and will go -8 perhaps. Why not try to get another DGW player for Silva and at least you are doing -8 but getting two players with extra fixtures next GW.

Been considering Nasri for Silva good returns possible with Silva out. Yaya is a possible as well, we shall see what Pellegrino says later.

FHFC wrote: »

ahhh sorry only saw this now, I didnt mean to hurt you ; )

• Advertisement

Ive taken a hit already and stupidly forgot all about Ramsey. Now im debating transferring him in for lallana for another -4.

Somebody talk me out of it, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ive taken a hit already and stupidly forgot all about Ramsey. Now im debating transferring him in for lallana for another -4.

Somebody talk me out of it, please.

I'd be very worried if I didn't have ramsey in my team at home to Newcastle. worth the hit in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I'd be very worried if I didn't have ramsey in my team at home to Newcastle. worth the hit in my opinion.

Know Ramsey scored in last game.....but did he play well??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

He also got 2 assists so he was involved in every goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He was man of the match. A goal, two assists and was getting into the box a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

I'm on a -8 for the week.
    Transfers so far are:
    Lallana - Ramsey
    Silva - Nasri
    Sturridge - Rooney

I need someone to talk me out of going -12 to do Dzeko - Long/Jelavic/Borini.
    Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

On -8 meself as well, needed a new defender once I heard the news about Terry. Sold Gabbidon for Mert and threw Terry on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm currently tempted by a -8:

Distin -> Kos
    Cahill -> Evra
    Silva -> Mata

Not sure on Evra though. Is it a good move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I see others have already answered this but yeah he did very well, goal and 2 assists along with playing well.
    one of his assists was when podolski scored from a rebound from a ramsey shot, so he nearly got 2 goals, good save from the keeper.

a lot of people will have him captained so I think its vital to at least have him in your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm on a -8 for the week.
    Transfers so far are:
    Lallana - Ramsey
    Silva - Nasri
    Sturridge - Rooney

I need someone to talk me out of going -12 to do Dzeko - Long/Jelavic/Borini.
    Thanks in advance :)

Jesus man you're all over the shop this week!!! Keep Lallana and just do the 3 transfers and forget Nasri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Is there a city press conference today?
    Is silva definitely out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green&Red wrote: »
    Is there a city press conference today?
    Is silva definitely out?

Silva navas nastastic out ALL other players fit.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    Silva navas nastastic out ALL other players fit.....
    Source?

And welcome back Yaya!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

CSF wrote: »
    Jesus man you're all over the shop this week!!! Keep Lallana and just do the 3 transfers and forget Nasri

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately the top 3 transfers of my post were already confirmed (went a bit mad on Tuesday) :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

No guarantee he starts though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He's had around 4,500 transfers out today :confused: Suits me as will probably go Gerrard to him next week and only have 0.1 to spare now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Went Silva -> Mata. Was very, very tempted to bring back in Yaya Toure but went with Mata in the end.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    No guarantee he starts though...

Silva and Navas out I think they need him to start, no time for wasting at this stage. Assuming if he had any issues Pellegrino would have said so.

I reckon I'll go Yaya and Kompany in next week. Another -4 but fook it. Go hard or go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well I had my fun the last 2 weeks I guess :(

• Advertisement

I reckon I'll go Yaya and Kompany in next week. Another -4 but fook it. Go hard or go home.

Got Yaya just there giving me 3x City, 2x Utd with a -8 to suffer this week, hopefully Rooney as captain will erase losses pretty quickly...

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Evra likely to start???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Evra likely to start???

Only one likely to know that is Giggs. Hard to be able to predict his line up this week. Having said that the general consensus seems to be that the old guard will get the nod it wouldn't be a surprise to see Rio, Vidic & Evra all start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Ditto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I wanted to get Rooney in for Lukaku so had to downgrade Silva by 2m. Actually considered Fernandinho as a punt but then he seemed a waste of a third city player for the DGW, took a punt that Adam Johnson will catch fire again and Poyet plays him.

Will probably bring in Yaya or Nasri next week but that's a long way away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Going to do baines and lukaku out alonso and rooney in. It leaves me the money to do either lallana to yaya or suarez to rvp next week.
    I still have silva was there any word on how long he is out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Already on -4 but really tempted to go -12. I am worried about rooney and ramsey and what they could potentially do! Of course RVP could be back for GW 37 - decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

zarquon wrote: »
    Already on -4 but really tempted to go -12. I am worried about rooney and ramsey and what they could potentially do! Of course RVP could be back for GW 37 - decisions, decisions!

Went -12 myself.
    Gerrard, Lallana, Lukaku and Silva out for Ramsey, Mata, Rooney and er Arnautovic. Should probably have gotten someone with a DGW.
    Now I have

Mannone
    Evra Azpilucueta Coleman
    Yaya Ramsey Eriksen Mata
    Rooney Suarez Aguero

Adrian Ward Arnie Terry
    Will be Terry out for Zabaleta or Kompany next week and possibly Ward to Davies too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

-8 for lallana to eriksen, mirallas to toure and lukaku to giroud inc 1free transfer.

or

-4 mrallas to eriksen and lukaku to rooney inc 1free transfer

already have gerrard and ramsey in midfield

possible line ups gerrard ramsey eriksen toure, suarez giroud dzeko
    gerrard ramsey eriksen lallana, suarez rooney dzeko

thoughts people???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Very late in the season to be going -12

Advertisement