Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »
    Very late in the season to be going -12

It'd make a lot of sense for lads at the top of money leagues to try to counter their rivals actions. Assuming money league was the priority and they had a bit of cushion...

I wouldn't know, have a creek in my neck from looking up all season. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

PARlance wrote: »
    It'd make a lot of sense for lads at the top of money leagues to try to counter their rivals actions. Assuming money league was the priority and they had a bit of cushion...

I wouldn't know, have a creek in my neck from looking up all season. :P

Exactly, at this point it's about protecting leads for me. If a rival brings in rooney and captains him with a stormer of a game it would really be damaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

What I'm thinking is for -4:

Lukaku -> Podolski
    Suarez -> Rooney

I'll captain one of the 2 and I'll certainly bring Suarez back for GW38.

That means I have 4.7 in the bank and a front 8 which would be:

Coutinho - Eriksen - Ramsey - Salah - Holtby
    Rooney - Podolski - Aguero

If I remain as is then I'd be benching Salah however I've been toying with bringing in Mata for another -4 for either Salah or Holtby. If I do the transfer this week Salah goes but if I waited next week Holtby out makes more sense. Also to justify bringing Holtby in a few weeks back I should trust him with one last week especially as United is a bit of a minefield this week. RVP could even be back next week which could trouble both Rooney and Mata.

I've nothing done yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Went -12 myself.
    Gerrard, Lallana, Lukaku and Silva out for Ramsey, Mata, Rooney and er Arnautovic. Should probably have gotten someone with a DGW.
    Amalfitano! I went -4 this week, Silva out for Ramsey and Mutch out for Amalf. I've been running really bad though so Mutch will probably score against both Northeast clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Dropping Suarez :eek: I don't care who they're playing, I've had Suarez in my team since week 10 and he hasn't even had a sniff of the bench, let alone be dropped completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

zarquon wrote: »
    Exactly, at this point it's about protecting leads for me. If a rival brings in rooney and captains him with a stormer of a game it would really be damaging.

Agreed, but I think 4 of those is a lot.

What I'm thinking is for -4:

Lukaku -> Podolski
    Suarez -> Rooney

I'll captain one of the 2 and I'll certainly bring Suarez back for GW38.

That means I have 4.7 in the bank and a front 8 which would be:

Coutinho - Eriksen - Ramsey - Salah - Holtby
    Rooney - Podolski - Aguero

If I remain as is then I'd be benching Salah however I've been toying with bringing in Mata for another -4 for either Salah or Holtby. If I do the transfer this week Salah goes but if I waited next week Holtby out makes more sense. Also to justify bringing Holtby in a few weeks back I should trust him with one last week especially as United is a bit of a minefield this week. RVP could even be back next week which could trouble both Rooney and Mata.

I've nothing done yet anyway.

Don't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

CSF wrote: »
    Agreed, but I think 4 of those is a lot.

It depends on the point buffer and who an opponent would bring in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I just dropped Suarez for Rooney, kept Giroud and Aguero, obviously would have dropped Giroud if I had the cash instead.
    Cant see anyone captaining Suarez for the next two weeks so risk is minimised. Captaining Rooney

Also brought in Mata for Silva for the four point hit (well the four point hit is really the Rooney transfer)

Leaves me cash for Zab next week without any hit

Think united could run riot tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Got in Evra, Rooney and Nasri this week for -8points, Gives me 3 united, 3 city and 2 sunderland next week along with Suarez, Ramsey and Ivanovic . Hopefully I can carry my transfer and have 2 for the last week. in 2nd in most money leagues and about 30 of the lead so hopefully ill make it up .

All comes down to captain choice. Ramsey so far for this week but might chicken out and go for Suarez..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Green&Red wrote: »
    I just dropped Suarez for Rooney, kept Giroud and Aguero, obviously would have dropped Giroud if I had the cash instead.
    Cant see anyone captaining Suarez for the next two weeks so risk is minimised. Captaining Rooney

Also brought in Mata for Silva for the four point hit (well the four point hit is really the Rooney transfer)

Leaves me cash for Zab next week without any hit

Think united could run riot tomorrow

Suarez was highly captained last week against city and did alright, granted A few other captain choices did better than him. He rarely lets you down as captain this season.

Are you getting him back in for the last match at home to Newcastle ?

Okay, bit the bullet and took the extra hit to get Ramsey. Frees up funds to get Yaya next week.

Have to try a few risks at this stage. Considering putting the armband on giroud for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

A lot of hits being taken this week!

zarquon wrote: »
    It depends on the point buffer and who an opponent would bring in

Yeah fine, but surely after 1 or 2 transfers there comes a point where those other 1 or 2 players are less effective than the ones who helped you build that lead in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Suarez was highly captained last week against city and did alright, granted A few other captain choices did better than him. He rarely lets you down as captain this season.

Are you getting him back in for the last match at home to Newcastle ?

Possibly, that'll depend on whether Liverpool have the league won, in which case I'll be dropping Aguero like a hot snot for the fiesta on merseyside against the worst team in the premiership.

Chelsea are tighter than tight, away from home against a title rival they'll be looking to capitalise on the break towards the end of the match. Hopefully liverpool tear them a new one inside 15 minutes but I'd be happy with one.

Like I say I think united could get 4 or 5 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Undecided who to captain. Have Rooney, Ramsey, and Suarez and all three have the capacity to do excellent and/or crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Already transferred in Ramsey this week but thinking of either:

1. McGregor->DeGea (Speroni my other keeper)
    2. Lukaku->Aguero?

DeGea should do well til the end of the season if Giggs picks him for every game. Unsure how Aguero will do against CP, but will definitely get him in for the double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Close to pressing confirm on my -8 hit aswell.

I'm top of my private league by 12 pts and he has already taken a -4 hit which I think will account for Silva>>Ramsey and then either Oscar out for someone or Lukaku to Rooney. Hopefully the former as Rooney would be my 3rd transfer.

I'm already giving him a 4 pt headstart this week but the way I see it, I will most likely be getting Rooney or Yaya/Mata in next week for -4 so I won't have to take a hit next week, injuries permitting.

So far I've confirmed Ramsey in for Silva.
    Close to doing Distin>>Zab and Lukaku>>Rooney.

Hate taking hits for defenders but i'm in really bad shape in that area this week. My sub defenders are away to Arsenal and United, Distin injured, Cahill away to Liverpool, Ward has City. Not great.

Southampton scoring against Everton is very welcome in my book - and I think it's likely aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dropping Suarez :eek: I don't care who they're playing, I've had Suarez in my team since week 10 and he hasn't even had a sniff of the bench, let alone be dropped completely.

Pfff... I transferred him out between GW24 and GW30.... he didn't have a GW in 29 but that was part of the masterplan so I'm including that :p

He only got 31 points in the 6GW's, a disastrous 5 point per game average that would have been much lower barring a freak (:D) 15 pointer in GW28.

There's a fine line between genius and madness and I'm under no illusions that I'm on the mad side of that.

Yaya and De Gea in for me this week, Cech and Silva out.

I was thinking about bringing Ramsey in but then I realised that I brought him in last week and captained him :D

Too much sun for me today :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I still have silva was there any word on how long he is out for?
    FHFC wrote: »
    Was reading a couple of sites last night and the speculation waa he could bw back before the end of this season bit seemed like the best case scenario was he might make the Villa game (second game of DGW37 but possibly just West Ham on final day. Have got rid myself, if Yaya comes through this weekend may get him back for DGW.

Edit. .
    Here's a link.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-silva-facing-three-week-lay-off-7017851

Jeez does anybody read my posts and links at all at all!! :D

At best you're gonna get one game in the DGW and the last game. Probably only the last v WHam so he's a sell for me.

So far I've done Lallana to Ramsey, Lukaku to Rooney and Silva to Mata for -8 and almost certainly gonna do Adrian to DeGea if only to see what -12 feela like! :)

Out of it in my leagues so this will either make no difference to me or miraculously pull me back into contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jeez does anybody read my posts and links at all at all!! :D

At best you're gonna get one game in the DGW and the last game. Probably only the last v WHam so he's a sell for me.
    I did read it was just wondering if pellegrenni gave an update today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

-8 hit. Luk to Pod(done earlier in week). Then Mirallas to AJ, and Bassong to Kos. Now who to captain have no idea between Ramsey Pod and Suarez!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

What you all think of Ozil this weekend, might bring him in instead of Ramsey as a differential? Will he start??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Gal2011 wrote: »
    What you all think of Ozil this weekend, might bring him in instead of Ramsey as a differential? Will he start??

Just get Ramsey in an stop bein silly

manual_man wrote: »
    Just get Ramsey in an stop bein silly

Okay how am i being silly, most of my rivals have Ramsey and I need to make up points so I am thinking of bringing in Mesut Ozil?? If he starts, id fancy him to do well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Which 8 point hit do yis reckon works better?

Dzeko -> Aguero
    Silva -> Ramsey/Nasri (I've no Arsenal cover at all anymore but City have an extra game)
    Lukaku -> Borini

or

Dzeko -> Rooney
    Silva -> Toure
    Lukaku -> Borini

Basically Rooney & Toure or Aguero & Ramsey?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Santi101 wrote: »
    I'm top of my private league by 12 pts and he has already taken a -4 hit which I think will account for Silva>>Ramsey....
    I'm curious how you know how many transfers your opponent has made? Is there a way of finding out?

My transfers this week:
    Silva -> Yaya Touré
    Dzeko -> Rooney
    Lallana -> Ramsey

leaving me a very satisfactory £0.0 in the bank. I love it when that happens. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Which 8 point hit do yis reckon works better?

Dzeko -> Aguero
    Silva -> Ramsey/Nasri (I've no Arsenal cover at all anymore but City have an extra game)
    Lukaku -> Borini

or

Dzeko -> Rooney
    Silva -> Toure
    Lukaku -> Borini

Basically Rooney & Toure or Aguero & Ramsey?

would you not just do silva to ramsey and wait till next week to see what way the league title race is looking. Id only do dzeko to aguero for a hit this week if you plan on captaining him. I see lots of people taking hits this week I think in a lot of cases your better of waiting to do it next week as circumstances may well have changed be it injuries/suspensions/ games becoming more or less important based on this weekends results.

Posada wrote: »
    I'm curious how you know how many transfers your opponent has made? Is there a way of finding out?

My transfers this week:
    Silva -> Yaya Touré
    Dzeko -> Rooney
    Lallana -> Ramsey

leaving me a very satisfactory £0.0 in the bank. I love it when that happens. :D

In the bottom corner of the person's page, it says 'gameweek transfers'. This lad has two already this week and has been taking hits for the last few weeks so no free transfers.

Done for -8:

Holtby -> Mata
    Lukaku -> Podolski
    Suarez -> Rooney

Yeehaw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This weeks team for a -8....should set me up some bit for the DGW as well..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Done for -8:

Holtby -> Mata
    Lukaku -> Podolski
    Suarez -> Rooney

Yeehaw :D

I was thinking about bringing holtby IN :D

km79 wrote: »
    I was thinking about bringing holtby IN :D

I know I was seriously torn about that, much more than Suarez to Rooney. It's something that's done now and he's in there for the DGW now too. Holtby would be a good option this week but I hope it won't Mata that I moved Juan week early :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Should have made transfers earlier in the week but

Silva out, Ramsay in
    Lukaku out, Rooney in

-4 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Gal2011 wrote: »
    Okay how am i being silly, most of my rivals have Ramsey and I need to make up points so I am thinking of bringing in Mesut Ozil?? If he starts, id fancy him to do well

If going for a differential id go Carzola instead of Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Right, so have Silva on the bench at the minute. Get Mata in for -4? Or play Chester (or Barkley or Ward), keep him on the bench and get Mata or Yaya next week?

irish son wrote: »
    If going for a differential id go Carzola instead of Ozil.

You think Cazorla will do better than Ozil so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

How likely is Ramsey to outscore Gerrard by 4+ points? I've already done a -4 to bring in Rooney and Mata, but my rival also took a -4 so I can risk the extra hit. With everyone looking at captaining Ramsey I don't think I can take the risk not having him...

I'll have to start Puncheon against City or Azpil against Liverpool too which isn't ideal.

• Advertisement

Will you be playing Azpi or Puncheon anyway? Newcatlse are really, really bad. Gerrard takes set-pieces but I reckon Mourinho has a masterplan up his sleeve. Do you also have Suarez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

This is my team. £0.2m in the bank after 2 transfers in (Rooney + Mata), Azpil won't keep a clean sheet so thats a nailed on 1 or 2. Puncheon could bag something against City.
    jignj7.png

That's a tough one. If you aren't chasing/looking over your shoulder in private leagues and just going for pure points, I'd go for it.

I think Chelsea are in with a great shout, don't think Gerrard will score or assist more than once (at most), having Suarez too would probably soften a big score for Gerrard anyway.

Ramsey will surely be involved in at least a goal. Newcastle have been awful lately, no need or players coming back that make me think they won't be awful again. They way I'd look at it; max loss is 4 points? Max gain is more I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

This is the team with Mata, Rooney, and Nasri in for Lallana, Lukaku, Silva. Going with the gut on Suarez even though I know Ramsey will get at least 5.

304535.png

This is the team with Mata, Rooney, and Nasri in for Lallana, Lukaku, Silva. Going with the gut on Suarez even though I know Ramsey will get at least 5.

304535.png

Ward instead of Chester?

Dunno why I felt the urge to do -12 but it's done. I'm still actually in with a shout of 3rd and money in my league trailing by only 13, but every time I pull the fecker back in something goes wrong so I'm trying to do something drastic and have a good DGW or else go down in flames.

Basically betting the farm on a Man U bounce post Moyes with three good fixtures. 3 United players signed this week, on the basis that if getting a MU player for the DGW it's probably worth getting them in for Norwich at home in Giggs first game as well.

Also like I have the four most likely teams for clean sheets (according to bookies odds) for this GW.

Don't like that I've taken a treble hit and not done anything about my bench.

304538.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Boruc or Mannone??

Boruc or Mannone??

Mannone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

304538.jpg

We've the exact same front 7...will you be doing Gerrard to Yaya next week?

We've the exact same front 7...will you be doing Gerrard to Yaya next week?

Yup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement