Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v Sunderland, 5:30 k/o, SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wickham looks a bit better now. Obviously you'd rather have him than Altidore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

this will be a easy chelsea win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Stupid from Matic. Great finish by Terry.... pity about Matic's stupidity. But that looks promising... can open them up again, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I wouldn't be that hard on Matic. He didn't do much and Collback was looking for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Full time ref :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Uh oh, Ramires is angry, Sunderland players better watch themselves around him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wickham looks a bit better now. Obviously you'd rather have him than Altidore.

He should have been playing every week from January when it became apparent that Fletcher would rather guzzle Absolut Vodka than try to regain fitness and Altidore wouldn't score in a brothel with €100 notes hanging off his mickey.

Instead he was out banging in goals for Championship sides while we were struggling for a shot on target at home to Palace, Villa, Hull and Norwich. ****ing ridiculous.

He's had two "proper runs" in the side at Sunderland. The first culminated in a goal and an assist in 2 games and his current run has culminated in 3 goals in 3 games.

It's bizarre alright Paully. Remember in our relegation season, we had Xisco on the bench. You know, in a scrap for survival why not stick a fresh face in there to change it up? Too little too late.

----

Chelsea fans moaning and groaning already? *sniggers*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jaysus brutal clearance from O'Shea. Could have cost them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Chelsea on the ropes.

Chelsea just need to keep plugging and plugging and they'll get that elusive goal...

Was that a peno or no? Couldn't tell really...

EDIT: replay... was a handball... :( but could it be given? I've seen penos given for less, tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Jesus Ramires

DazMarz wrote: »
    Chelsea just need to keep plugging and plugging and they'll get that elusive goal...

Was that a peno or no? Couldn't tell really...

EDIT: replay... was a handball... :( but could it be given? I've seen penos given for less, tbh...

Would have been very harsh. Headed at his hand from a yard away as he was spinning around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm not sure Sunderland will hang on for the draw, but they're giving it their best. Mannone is savage to watch and Wickham has really lit up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ahh you can't do that Ramires, lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Low blow.

Ramires is a lucky boy.

Fúck sake, Ramires?! What the hell?!?!?! Lads have been sent off for far, far less!!! :mad: Total stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ramires the dirty fcuker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Last time I gave my thoughts on Ramires I got banned..he strikes again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

bur wrote: »
    Uh oh, Ramires is angry, Sunderland players better watch themselves around him now.

Poor larson. Who's next?

Poor from Johnson. That was a great chance and the ball seemed to get stuck under his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ramires is turning into a really cynical player lately.

Ah you have to shoot there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Johnson afraid of his right foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

get a fúcking right foot Johnson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Ramires is a filthy player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

wft was Adam Johnson doing there????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Has Ivanovic ever beaten the first man with a cross? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Don't think the handball was a peno.

But the push in the back by Larson. He basically shouldered a player in the back when he had a clear goal scoring opportunity, no attempt for the ball.

Ramires should be gone, lucky boy. Needs to be taken off at half time.

• Advertisement

Ramires is a filthy player

He's a sneaky little fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ref bottled the Ramires slap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Has Ivanovic ever beaten the first man with a cross? :rolleyes:

Ah he does the odd time. They usually end up flying out of the stadium though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Does cynical mean nasty? Good news is he will probably miss the liverpool game now, bad news, he should not be on the pitch now and 11 on 10 increases Sunderland's chances tonight.

AdamD wrote: »
    Last time I gave my thoughts on Ramires I got banned..he strikes again

I picked up a warning over him a while back... so feel your pain. :P

Not a good performance. To be honest, I think Liverpool and Stevie G and all on Merseyside who are of the red bent are sitting back and laughing... and laughing... and laughing. Liverpool would be 3-0 up at this stage and just cruising. Against Sunderland, they'd be 6-0 up...

Ramires is very quickly becoming a massive liability. It's bad enough that his performances in recent months have been poor without that kind of behaviour or "tackles" like his at Villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

retrospective ban for ramires i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The FA will have to look at that Ramires incident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ramires is probably the snidest player in th league, what an angry little fecker he is.

• Advertisement

I picked up a warning over him a while back... so feel your pain. :P

Not a good performance. To be honest, I think Liverpool and Stevie G and all on Merseyside who are of the red bent are sitting back and laughing... and laughing... and laughing. Liverpool would be 3-0 up at this stage and just cruising. Against Sunderland, they'd be 6-0 up...

Chelsea often look crap against the bad teams. Doesn't stop them usually playing well against the better sides though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It should have a been red for Ramires on Larsson. Although it probably should have been a red and a peno for Larsson on Ramires a minute earlier. The comms didn't pick up on, I struggle to see how its not a foul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ramires should have had a penalty, Larsson made no attempt at the ball when Ramires had a free header. I'm not saying this in anyway justifies his actions, but imagine the pressure players are under in games like these. Sill boy though, not many would forgive him if he got sent off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Who the fcuk gives Ivanovic permission to cross? Hes shocking with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The FA will have to look at that Ramires incident

I think the Sunderland game will be his last one in the league this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I recall Liverpool holding on for the last 15 minutes at home to Sunderland in a close fought 2-1 win only about 4 weeks ago?

• Advertisement

Chelsea often look crap against the bad teams. Doesn't stop them usually playing well against the better sides though.

This is true... but if Chelsea don't get 3 points today, it effectively kills the league and hands it to Liverpool. More riding on this game today than there usually would.

Paully D wrote: »
    I recall Liverpool holding on for the last 15 minutes at home to Sunderland in a close fought 2-1 win only about 4 weeks ago?

Very lucky to win that game tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Good point, Chelsea do set up perfectly against the better sides. The city game was a masterclass. I can not wait for the Atletico games, to see how both teams set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Obviously a draw is no good to us. If it's still even stevens after about 70 minutes, expect Jose to take off all 11 players and replace them with strikers. It confuses the hell out of the opposition.

greendom wrote: »
    I think the Sunderland game will be his last one in the league this season.
    At this point that will probably be a good thing. Other than an abundance of energy he hasn't offered much to the team this season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement