Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere peaceful in Europe to relax and write for 3 weeks?

• 19-04-2014 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking for something to do on my own during the Summer. I've got 3 weeks to play with, and €600 towards flights/hotels.

I'm not really looking for a big adventure where I'd be in a different city each night—I did Interrailing when I was younger—but rather would like to find one or two cities where I can hang around during the day looking at pretty scenery and maybe doing a bit of writing, working a bit on my laptop, etc. At night I guess having the option of a few bars to bump into other random solo travellers would be nice.

Accommodation-wise I'm thinking a cheap and cheerful hotel, and/or some nice little place I find on AirBnB.

Currently I'm thinking somewhere in Switzerland or Austria. I guess 2 or 3 cities would be okay, but no more than that. Alternatively would there be anywhere in Spain that would fit this criteria? Valencia?

Any ideas appreciated :)

Comments

Advertisement