Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dylan McQueen Dresses (www.dylanmcqueen.co.uk

• 19-04-2014 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE!!!

THERE'S A REASON WHY THIS SITE ARE ALWAYS IN SALE!

I splurged and bought a dress for a really important event and when it arrived it was stained, the hem was buckled and didn't look a bit like the photo.
    As per their illegal refund policy, I am not able to get a refund apparently and if I do send it back I have to cover the €50 cost of shipping and then I MIGHT get 20% of the cost of the dress back. This website is a scam and the dress quality is a joke.

So now I'm stuck with a dress I can't wear, can't get a refund on and practically can't sell because it is so horrible looking.

Customer service also told me to "fix the dress yourself" before finally telling me I can't get a refund after 2/3 weeks of correspondence.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭skelligs

Site seems to be Dylanqueen.co.uk

operates out of China. Ships from China and probably all rubbish quality.

A little checking around the site would tell most people that it's crap. Unfortunately some people trust the Web too much and only ever look at prices and then are terribly surprised that what is delivered is utter rubbish.

Think of it as an expensive lesson - always check who you are buying from and if it looks too cheap, then avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If the item is a copy or is deemed as a fake you may be able to get a chargeback through your cc provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭pinkbear

I wish I had seen this before spending a fortune on my daughter's debs dress with this company! We had to pay an additional 41 euro when the DHL guy came to deliver it, and the dress is poor quality and not very like the picture. Very disappointing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

If you buy from outside the EU you will nearly always have vat and duty to pay (just as you do when you buy in a shop here, but its already included in the ticket price)

As for quality - if the price seems cheap, expect very poor quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭pinkbear

It should be clear when you buy something if you will have an extra 41 euro to pay on delivery. I regularly buy on the internet, and this is the first time it has happened.

If you read my last post I spent "a fortune" on the dress, not that the "price seems cheap" as you seem to have read from my words. So no, I do not expect very poor quality - poor stitching, uneven hems, clunky stuck-on sparkles - delahuntv. For the money I paid, I expect really high quality. Even if I paid a tenth of what I did, it's bad value at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

pinkbear wrote: »
    It should be clear when you buy something if you will have an extra 41 euro to pay on delivery. I regularly buy on the internet, and this is the first time it has happened.

It is clear, when you buy something from outside the EU, you must pay VAT to import it - it's not a new thing and is up to you as the buyer to be aware of it - http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1882.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DD66

Hi All,
    If we all submit a report to the police - the volume of reports will push an investigation by the police who will at least get this fraudulent website removed; report at Action Fraud - if you Google this you will see a link that enables you to submit a report.

The Police don't act on individual reports but collate the details and therefore with enough of us reporting Dylan McQueen it will engage their interest and help stop others from falling for this trap.
    Thanks DD.

Advertisement