Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Videogame Quotes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hmmm. surprised not to see "Would you Kindly". Would be up there as the more iconic quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Magill wrote: »
    Guess these are quotes too ! Stuck with me more than most others anyway !

FIRE IN THE HOLE !

Did you know that "I took an arrow to the knee" actually means "I got married". That's why men get down on one knee to propose. There's probably more to it than that but there ya go...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Another visitor. Stay a while. Stay forever.

Let God sort them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

"Huh? Whose footprints are these?"

I'm pretty sure I say that at least once a week (much to my wife's despair).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

And

the results of the test came back, you are a horrible person, thats amazing, we weren't even testing for that

• Advertisement

War, war never changes... From Fallout 3. Pretty much sets up the mood for the whole game and is quite apt for the age we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Just finished Revelations at the weekend and remembered this amusing line from ACII.

I do have a soft spot for utterly idiotic writing in games too. Bulletstorm had plenty of these moments, for instance...

Lollipop Chainsaw was a goldmine for similarly stupid quotes, mainly from Nick, but they'd be completely unfunny without any context...or an appreciation for juvenile humor. :o

On a slightly more serious note, when I played Metro 2033, I got the good ending and Khan delivered this line.
    "You reap what you sow, Artyom. Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than just act without any thought or doubt."

Finding out that this wasn't the canon ending irked me considerably.

I also loved the writing in the Legacy of Kain series too. It was certainly helped by being delivered by excellent voice actors like Tony Jay.
    "But suppose you throw a coin enough times... Suppose one day, it lands on its edge."
    That line in particular sums Kain's machinations over the series up quite well I found.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Conan: "I am Conan. I serve no man."
    Warrior Queen: "Would you serve a woman, then?"
    Conan: "Service her, aye. And gladly."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

This is the last dance for Lance Vance....Vice City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Advertisement

Whoa, that dialogue sucked some serious balls....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

It's not from a game, but it's from one of the South Park episodes that they ran leading up to Stick of Truth which is pretty meta in hindsight

"When you pre-order a game, you're just committing to paying for something that some assholes in California haven't even finished working on yet. You know what you get for pre-ordering a game? A big dick in your mouth"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    This is the last dance for Lance Vance....Vice City

He really loved that name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

You exist because we allow it, you will end because we demand it. -Sovereign

Would you serve in heaven or rule in hell? -Abbadon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

"Twice now you've made me taste bitter defeat...
    RAWR!"
    Revolver Ocelot, Metal Gear Solid 3

It really needs to be experienced, skip to 25 seconds:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Blow it out your ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Vojera wrote: »
    "Huh? Whose footprints are these?"

I'm pretty sure I say that at least once a week (much to my wife's despair).

NOTTTTING here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

A legend is nothing but fiction. Someone tells it, someone else remembers it, everybody passes it on.

Snake, we're not tools of the government. Or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing, the only thing I was good at... But.. At least I always fought, for what I believed in.. Snake, farewell.

I wanted to be a solider, but I was wrong. War is ugly, there's nothing glamorous about it. Snake go on living and don't give up on people! Don't forget me...!

What are you planning to do, steal this thing!?
    Steal?... No, no. I'm taking it back.

Okay, hero. Set me free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Black Magic* Bars our Way.... but the will of a templar is stronger!

Look! More footprints!

*Wooden spikes

• Registered Users Posts: 82,762 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Reactor: Online
    Sensors: Online
    Weapons: Online

All Systems Nominal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

'Destroy the bastard!' :D

A legend is nothing but fiction. Someone tells it, someone else remembers it, everybody passes it on.

Snake, we're not tools of the government. Or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing, the only thing I was good at... But.. At least I always fought, for what I believed in.. Snake, farewell.

I wanted to be a solider, but I was wrong. War is ugly, there's nothing glamorous about it. Snake go on living and don't give up on people! Don't forget me...!

What are you planning to do, steal this thing!?
    Steal?... No, no. I'm taking it back.

Okay, hero. Set me free.

Snake, we're not tools of the government or anyone else.. How the fúck didn't I think of that?? Poor Frank Jaeger....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Engineers, Eyes and ears !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Loved this one for some reason

ON YOUR FEET SOLDIER! WE ARE LEAVING!

Deus Ex has a load of good ones
    As long as technology has a global reach, someone will have the world in the palm of his hand.
    -Tracer Tong
    Walton Simons: You take another step forward and here I am again, like your own reflection in a hall of mirrors.
    JC Denton: That makes me one ugly son of a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."

- Andrew Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Player 2

Timmyctc wrote: »

I Speeel My Drink!

"What a shame".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The full meaning of "Nothing is true; Everything is permitted" from Assassin's Creed Revelations:

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Fleet Command: No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning...
    Fleet Intelligence: The scaffold has been destroyed. All orbital facilities destroyed. Significant debris ring in low Kharak orbit. Receiving no communication from anywhere in the system... not even beacons.

677.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

"You're Winner" - Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

YOU%27RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Timmyctc wrote: »

Gunther: I wanted Orange! It gave me lemon-lime.

Advertisement