Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need someone with an Android tablet for a quick test

Options
  • 19-04-2014 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey

I'm making some websites I have touch and HTML5 canvas-enabled, so decided to do a blog post about the process.

I have a little touchscreen sketchpad put together as an example, however I'm not sure if it works ok on Android (have tested on iPad).

If anyone can give it a quick try on an Android tablet, that would be great, it's here.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

works grand

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

Great, thanks!

Here's the finished article if anyone is interested,

A Simple Touchscreen Sketchpad using Javascript and HTML5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Thanks for sharing!

A small comment: drawing out of the sketch area flips cursor to "draw all the time" mode until the next click. mouseDown stays at 1 if button is released outside of the sketchpad area.

Oops!

I was wondering what was going on, since the mouseup event was attached to the document.body.

Then I realised that I had the examples within an iframe in the article itself - in that case the mouseup listener attached to document.body will only trigger within that iframe, not the entire page.

Changed it to attach to "window" instead. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement