Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greek Honey in Cork

Options
  • 19-04-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I could pick some up in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

Best Bet would be the English Market, have a snoop around to see if anybody is selling anything like that, if not its always worth to ask some traders in there

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

Why would you want it from greece when there is loads of home grown Irish Products around

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

solargain wrote: »
    Why would you want it from greece when there is loads of home grown Irish Products around

That's a rather small minded view. But to answer the question I haven't yet found a "home grown" product to match the consistency,taste and or quality of many of the even "cheap" Greek brands that you find in a super market in Greece.

I don't buy Irish for the sake of buying Irish. If an Irish product is of good quality, matches what I want to actually buy and is reasonably priced I'll buy Irish. I want my food to taste nice, not bland with an Irish football jersey on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

There are plenty of good quality products available directly here from the local beekeeper and I am not talking about the shop processed stuff passed off as Irish honey blended with some Chinese golden syrup.

Have you tried heather honey , creamed honey from oilseed rape , whitethorn is a medium honey full of flavour and aroma, the flow in mid July is a blackberry clover mix.

The local beekeeper in your area , could have bees in any of the locations that produce those types of honey . Have you asked him & tried them all out .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

solargain wrote: »
    There are plenty of good quality products available directly here from the local beekeeper and I am not talking about the shop processed stuff passed off as Irish honey blended with some Chinese golden syrup.

Have you tried heather honey , creamed honey from oilseed rape , whitethorn is a medium honey full of flavour and aroma, the flow in mid July is a blackberry clover mix.

The local beekeeper in your area , could have bees in any of the locations that produce those types of honey . Have you asked him & tried them all out .

I guess the problem we're having solargrain is you seem to have misread the thread title.

I'm not looking for Irish honey from a local bee keeper, because I know where to find that.

What I can't find is Greek honey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

There is an online shop with greek products http://www.greekshopdublin.com/product/honey-thyme-227g . Attiki honey is very tasty while being one of the most common greek honey.

Advertisement