Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Art 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Wait, I thought the prep sheet was supposed to be completely your work :eek: My teacher said I can only put down my sketches..

Is anyone here doing Still Life? If yes, are you drawing anything other than food? Almost every object I found in the passages is food..

Im doing the breakfast one!
    I do b&w with charcoal but someone said the other day that you lose marks if its not in colour, is that true??? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭oswinoswald

Wait, I thought the prep sheet was supposed to be completely your work :eek: My teacher said I can only put down my sketches..

Is anyone here doing Still Life? If yes, are you drawing anything other than food? Almost every object I found in the passages is food..

Doing passage D. Yes, I am mainly using food...

DOES ANYONE know about photocopying during the craft exam? Are you allowed to use a photocopier to make lettering/pictures from your prep sheet bigger?? my teacher said its fine but sounds dodgy to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

peekachoo wrote: »
    I do b&w with charcoal but someone said the other day that you lose marks if its not in colour, is that true??? :o

No i think theyre just trying to commend those who work with something other than the norm i.e pencil. Yours is perfect with charcoal; it is something different. My teacher said that paint/watercolour/any other media than pencil just usually gets more marks, as we are all more acquainted with pencil than others. He only allows the very talented to work with pencil.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

How many objects are yous drawing? Is 3 enough? :o

Is that B?

I don't think that's true.

I'm thinking of doing it in pencil some streaks of coloured pencil.
    Doing passage D. Yes, I am mainly using food...

Same.

The only problem is..I keep eating the food :pac:

Oh ok thanks guys, phew! :o
    I might try doing one object in colour, a 5th year did it the other day and it looked pretty cool.

I think it's B nim!
    Aaam I have 8 objects actually which seems like LOADS, but like some of them are tiny (a spoon, an egg) so it's not something I'd be worried about tbh regarding time and that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 DarlingLouLou

Hey does anyone know how much of the body I can have assembled for the puppetry choice before I go in? I have the hands, attached to the sticks along with he shoulder area. Im just wondering is it okay to attach the head or does that have to be done in the exam?

I genuinely had a nightmare about the practical last night! Couldn't find one of my still life items and I was 20 mins late starting!! :pac:

You know in Passage E where it says "chilled apples"?

Can I just draw apples? :o
    I genuinely had a nightmare about the practical last night! Couldn't find one of my still life items and I was 20 mins late starting!! :pac:

I'm sure it won't make too much of a difference if you draw seven objects :p

This is a serious problem now..I'm out of things to draw.
    The only problem is..I keep eating the food :pac:

PLEASE... SOMEBODY!!! Is photocopying allowed during the exam???? We have one in the art room and the teacher says that we can use it but she's not great, so I don't want to arrive at the exam and be told that I can't photocopy Images from my prep sheet. Thanks

PLEASE... SOMEBODY!!! Is photocopying allowed during the exam???? We have one in the art room and the teacher says that we can use it but she's not great, so I don't want to arrive at the exam and be told that I can't photocopy Images from my prep sheet. Thanks

Why don't you do it before the exam?
    What craft?

• Advertisement

Why don't you do it before the exam?
    What craft?

Poster... Are you allowed to do it before the exam? Say if I want to enlarge something that is on my prep sheet

Poster... Are you allowed to do it before the exam? Say if I want to enlarge something that is on my prep sheet

Liiike you have a drawing from the prep sheet or font or?
    If its font I think you can have the stencil premade but copying and enlarging an image to put directly onto a poster sounds dodgy to me tbh?

Liiike you have a drawing from the prep sheet or font or?
    If its font I think you can have the stencil premade but copying and enlarging an image to put directly onto a poster sounds dodgy to me tbh?

So I can bring my font stencil into the exam with me. There are drawings on my prep sheet that I want to use elements of in my poster.... but I had to minimise them in order to fit them on my prep sheet. That's why I need the photocopier... I emailed the department, but its a bank holiday so...

I could be wrong but you'll probably just have to draw them.

I could be wrong but you'll probably just have to draw them.
    Thanks anyway!! This is v. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LeeSilver

i was wondering how many designs should be on the preliminary/design sheet for a puppet? also should the final design your making be bigger then the rest or does it not matter?

OH MAAAN... i had life drawing today. That 2nd pose though!! WHO THOUGHT OF THAT... the poor model had to stop numerous times for breaks as her arms couldnt take it... crazy pose.:mad:

I've only practiced both poses once. Fűck :o

I've only practiced both poses once. Fűck :o

The 15 min is fine. That 30 min though :o its just the elbows are so hard to perfect. What medium is everyone using? I used charcoal and graphite

Same here!
    I actually like the 30 min pose. :o
    I do it from a 3/4 view and everything falls at a really nice angle luckily :D

• Advertisement

Well that was a disaster..

What happens if your design is only half finished? :o I had all my ideas sketched into the preliminary sheet, I just didn't get time to paint it fully in the real one.

Finished, what a relief :o

I thought the 15 min pose was worse than the 30 min one.

These was probably the most stressful and exhausting few days of my entire life. I can confidently say that I would rather take a hundred HL maths exams than EVER have to go through the art practicals again.
    Everything went great though, except from life drawing. it was good but not great.
    At least now we only have the HISTORY to do...

What are ye learning for history?

I'm doing 19th century art movements and Georgian Architecture. Not sure what to do for the gallery visit question though, I have visited all of the galleries in Dublin but not in a leaving cert-y way. My teacher had to be the idiot she is and take us to the Turner Prize which doesn't suffice. How about you?

As unpredictable as LC predictions are, a revision course said apparently stonework for Ireland as in Newgrange carvings right through Iron Age stonework. Also Van Gogh, and Surrealists. However I'm a big nerd and I shall learn everything :D Dreading the Appreciation question

SURREALISTS ARE PREDICTED??? :D
    im gonna be so upset if I can't answer on Dali in some way or another. I love him :D

yeah I'm gonna do the newgrangey stuff anyway. Leaving out the book of kells and some of the lunulae kinda artefacts stuff cos they bore me sooo much.
    Currently teaching myself about Georgian romanesque and gothic architecture before though since we didn't cover them in school.

The dream would be Yeats, LeBrocquy or Newgrange for irish, Dali for european and a manageable gallery q. Well, a girl can dream. :P

In order of preference

Irish Art:
    Georgian
    Passage tombs
    Yeats

European:
    Impressionism
    Cubism
    Surrealism

Appreciation:
    Product design
    Gallery

• Advertisement

Anyone got some notes on Manet, Renoir or Pisarro they could send me? I'm trying to cover as many impressionists as possible :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement