Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream box broke sky box.:

• 19-04-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I got a dream box last week, which runs from sky dish to sitting room. I moved my sky+hd box to the bedroom. I ran two coax cables from the dish to the sky box in bedroom. The sky is saying no signal but the dream box is working? I even swapped plugs on the dish to see if that helped and it's still the same. With the dream box working but the sky box isn't. Any help much appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Move the Dream Box to the sitting room and see if it works, if it doesn't it's a cable problem, if it does move the Dream Box to the bedroom and see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lefty dean

Move the Dream Box to the sitting room and see if it works, if it doesn't it's a cable problem, if it does move the Dream Box to the bedroom and see if that works.

I have dream box in sitting room. Where the sky box used to be. I ran two new coax cables from the dish to the sky box which is now in the bedroom. The other two cables which used to run the sky box is now used for dream box. If it is a cable issue which I suspect it is. How wouldn't resolve it?

So I checked the dream box in the bedroom and it doesn't work either. What would be wrong with the cables? Aren't all coax cables the same or is there a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lefty dean wrote: »
    So I checked the dream box in the bedroom and it doesn't work either. What would be wrong with the cables? Aren't all coax cables the same or is there a difference?

Most likely it's the F Connectors are not connected to the end of the cables correctly, either at the dish or box end, here's a video, might help to diagnose where the problem is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

Isnt there normally two cables for the HD box?

The F connectors are probably the issue though, as above.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys was thinking that might be the problem. As I've left the copper mesh on instead of folded back.. I will check these tomarrow and let you know thanks.. Also b_rabbit I have two coax cables to the box from the dish. There is hardly an, A&B or IN&OUT. On the box or dish? Or is it just my dodgy terminating skills..

Advertisement