Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was I to do?

Options
  • 20-04-2014 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭

I refer to thread " Ivor Bell arrested and charged in connection with Jean McConville murder investigation, " ( Northern Ireland forum. ) I refer in particular to post no. 404 by Happyman and my response at no. 407. For that I have received a warning from Black Swan which stands despite a request that it be re-visited.
    The thread relates to one of the most controversial issues in boards where little quarter is asked or given. The exchanges between Happyman and me were in that spirit, though polite, until Happyman insinuated that I was trolling. I was then left with three choices :
    1. Report him, which, I felt, would simply have escalated the matter and left him on the back foot re. further exchanges.
    2. Do nothing, which would have left me on the back foot, and perhaps encourage more of the same.
    3. Respond as I did. I was not engaging in back seat modding as Black Swan suggests. I was effectively saying " I'm not going to report you this time" which, I think, is a restrained response to the situation in which I found myself.
    I think it unfair that I should be warned for trying to defuse the situation and ensure there was no repeat. To Happyman's credit he apologised for his indiscretion, and that, as far as I was concerned, was the end of it. To my astonishment it was not to be.
    I refer you to PMs between Black Swan and me, and I request that the warning be revoked. Thank you
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement