Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding at Powerscourt hotel

• 20-04-2014 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Going to a wedding in Powerscourt hotel just want to know would it be cheaper to book a cheap b&b nearby or get a taxi back to Dublin. Too expensive to stay at hotel itself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

miss choc wrote: »
    Going to a wedding in Powerscourt hotel just want to know would it be cheaper to book a cheap b&b nearby or get a taxi back to Dublin. Too expensive to stay at hotel itself.

You would need to enquire with different b & b s about prices but I would guess a taxi to Dublin would be cheaper. If you stay in b&b you will need taxi from hotel to there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Try Parkview Hotel in Newtown Mount Kennedy,get a Taxi from there and back.
    I am sure local taxi man will do a deal for return journey.
    Bus eireann and Dublin Bus 184 stops outside hotel
    Hope this is helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

bogtreader wrote: »
    Try Parkview Hotel in Newtown Mount Kennedy,get a Taxi from there and back.
    I am sure local taxi man will do a deal for return journey.
    Bus eireann and Dublin Bus 184 stops outside hotel
    Hope this is helpful.

Sorry but I think this bad advice, why go to Newtownmountkennedy (one word by the way not 3) which is 15 km away and probably cost about €15 in a taxi when there are closer by options in Enniskerry or even Bray?

Not sure where OP lives but a taxi into town would probably cost €40-50 and would be the cheapest option and it's nice to wake up in your own bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's two hotels in Enniskerry (Powerscourt Arms and Summerhill House), a good few in Bray, including several along the sea front, the Royal on the Main street and there's one on the Southern Cross called the Wilton Hotel. Plenty to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Alun wrote: »
    There's two hotels in Enniskerry (Powerscourt Arms and Summerhill House), a good few in Bray, including several along the sea front, the Royal on the Main street and there's one on the Southern Cross called the Wilton Hotel. Plenty to choose from.

Plenty of options alright but the op is looking for the cheapest option on the night. With taxi fare and b&b costs combined I would imagine it would be cheaper to just get a taxi home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

a local taxi driver would charge €10 anywhere in enniskerry.
    it's about a 15/20 minutes downhill walk to enniskerry village.

Taxi to Dublin will cost minimum €60
    Taxi to bray between €15-€20

Plenty of b&b's to choose from in enniskerry.
    Lot of the owners will drop you to the hotel, and give you phone numbers to arrange pick ups.

Last buses leave Enniskerry 23.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Hi I doubt some of my friends will be staying in wedding hotel as dear we are all from Dublin areas would be Rathfarnham/Drimnagh/Merrion and for me Donnycarney and another friend is Drumcondra so might be good to get a minibus for 6 of us work out cheaper. Less hassle too re public transport and not fair on one of us that would have to drive I know I wouldnt like the job of ferrying people back to Dublin after a wedding the tiredness/hangover is the killer. One is a nervous driver 3 on provisionals and other hasnt a car so don't think its fair on the one girl to bring us back.

If it's any help, the bus number 44 that terminates in Enniskerry village goes through Drumcondra.

If you all don't mind sharing a room I'm quite sure you can bargain / negotiate a good price for one room in the Summerhill Hotel or the small inn Enniskerry, Powerscourt Arms Country House Hotel. I know the Hotel would organise a lift to the Wedding.

I'm not sure if the b&b's do large family rooms but you could phone and ask.
    I just think you might need two separate taxi's for those locations in Dublin, and you'd definitely need to book them.

apologies, I mis-read your post, there's actually 6 of you, I thought there were 4.
    i don't think a family room would fit 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Lol I dont think I'd want to share with 5 others might check out taxi prices for a mini bus from hotel to Dublin Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I'd check the B&B prices first. Don't know what current rates are in Enniskerry but I can tell you they've come down a good bit elsewhere in rural Ireland over past few years. They had got costly in the mid 00s but with the times that are in it, it's all about staying in business.

Advertisement