Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Online Encounters

Options
  • 20-04-2014 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

So I thought I'd create this thread to share/discuss funny, hilarious or downright strange online encounters people have experienced playing online.

For me, my wacky encounter occurred last night whilst playing Dead Rising 3. Any other time of the day, it probably would've been normal but the fact that I was in the midst of falling asleep on the couch coupled with having ABSOLUTELY no idea people could jump in and out of my game scared the complete S H I T E out of me.

There's nothing more freaky to be drifting off into slumber when all of a sudden, a thick mid west American accent resounds in your ear telling you to "follow me", "I know where a good safe house is". Literally nearly fell off the couch in terror!

Anyways, once awake and realising what was happening, it turned out to be quite good fun. Me running around in circles like a headless chicken, him wearing a Lego helmet conjuring up ridiculous weapons for me to try out. Good times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I remember around 3 years ago playing halo 3 multiplayer. On my team were a guy and a girl probably around 16/17 years old who just wouldn't shut up talking. Being too lazy to turn down the sound I began listening to what they were actually talking about. Then I started to realise that the guy was slowly breaking up with his girlfriend over xbox live. This culminated with him sticking her constantly with plasma grenades which nearly cost us the game. By the end of the 15 minute game the poor girl was balling her eyes out for all to hear and started this whaling sound which sticks with me to this day. Didn't stop her getting a last second, long range awesome sniper head shot which ultimately won us the game. Great times!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I probably mentioned this at the time in the Dark Souls thread, during my 1st run of the game I was totally fed up getting ganked in Anor Londo while trying to summon help for the bosses, got invaded on my last humanity so I jumped out on to the balcony where the great bow is, near and above the backsmith and sat there, thinking I'll wait it out he'll eventually get fed up and suicide.

Saw a few messages pop up like "where are you" etc and went off to get a mug of tea and a sandwich , came back expecting to continue on but from my vantage point I could see the fog was still up meaning my invader pal was still there !!!!!!! 7 messages unread now , out of the corner of my eye I spotted some red he was literally just on the ground below me , dropped down on top of him stabby stabby :pac:

The abuse when I told him I'd been away having lunch was unreal :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 74 ✭✭moc8827

I remember around 3 years ago playing halo 3 multiplayer. On my team were a guy and a girl probably around 16/17 years old who just wouldn't shut up talking. Being too lazy to turn down the sound I began listening to what they were actually talking about. Then I started to realise that the guy was slowly breaking up with his girlfriend over xbox live. This culminated with him sticking her constantly with plasma grenades which nearly cost us the game. By the end of the 15 minute game the poor girl was balling her eyes out for all to hear and started this whaling sound which sticks with me to this day. Didn't stop her getting a last second, long range awesome sniper head shot which ultimately won us the game. Great times!

jesus, breaks up with her and then throws plasma grenades at her - what a gent!

Advertisement