Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting

• 20-04-2014 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hey.
    I'm doing OL Accounting and I have every question figured out except Final Accounts of a Company.

I printed off all of the marking schemes from previous years but its confusing me because they are all different! As in the layout. For example in 2010 the provision for bad debts is included under the heading SELLING AND DISTRIBUTION but in 2007 its included under Operating income.

Can somebody please help with this because its the only thing I need to learn for how to do and I just can't figure it out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Hey.
    I'm doing OL Accounting and I have every question figured out except Final Accounts of a Company.

I printed off all of the marking schemes from previous years but its confusing me because they are all different! As in the layout. For example in 2010 the provision for bad debts is included under the heading SELLING AND DISTRIBUTION but in 2007 its included under Operating income.

Can somebody please help with this because its the only thing I need to learn for how to do and I just can't figure it out!

If there is an increase in the BDP from the previous year, it is an expense and so will appear under selling and distribution. If there is a decrease in BDP from the previous year, it will be a gain and so will appear under operating income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Thank you SO much!

BDP means bad debt provision yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Thank you SO much!

BDP means bad debt provision yeah?

Yup. Your welcome.

Advertisement