Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Month Ban from soccer forum

Options
  • 20-04-2014 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭

I can't understand why the mod thought it was abuse. I have received a ban before in the soccer forum which was deserved but I feel my last post wasn't warranting of a ban. I have spoke with the mod and he's not for changing.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, there are 2 points to consider here.

Your ban is not for the post, it's for accumulating 4 yellow cards during the season.

You picked up a yellow card for a post in today's Norwich v Liverpool match thread.

Hence the question is whether the yellow was warranted - if so the ban automatically follows.

Your post was
    yomtea98 wrote: »
    Suarez has scored 30 goals and therefore is no longer a diving, racist ****.
    The soccer forum has a strict rule against player abuse. So far as I am concerned stating a player "is no longer a diving, racist ****" is no better that saying a player is currently one

Hence yellow card and resulting ban upheld

I would add that you have received a number of yellow cards in the forum for abuse towards players or other users - one of them looks particulary lenient in my book. I will not revisit those at this stage but would note that your record in the forum, based on the number of posts you have made, is quite poor. If you continue making abusive posts you should not be surprised if you get access from the forum permanently revoked

You may ask for my decision to be reviewed by an Admin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

How can it be abuse if I said he no longer is one?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I've already indicated, saying he used to be (which is essentially what you did) is as abusive as saying he currently is

Do you want an Admin to review this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

No, it's ok. I'll just accept the ban and move on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement