Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4G in Dundalk

Options
  • 20-04-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Got 4G connection on three yesterday in the Tesco at the top of the Ave Rd. Down 36mbit and 4 mbit up. But have not picked it up anywhere else nor can I get it today. Anyone else seen this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Yeah getting it up at the Train station myself, on 3 as well, usually around 20-22 megs but only the odd time sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭demon3

How long have you seen it for? Dundalk is listed on the Website as one of the towns due to be enabled so wonder if its coming soon and this is testing. Came in handy the other day because I was able to stream music on my phone while using personal hotspot for my tablet and everything was flying along nicely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Ah its all over the shop. Sometimes 10 mins, sometimes two hours. Will be glad to get it working permanently.
    Got around 15mb now.

Ping times are pretty good too, but that will change when it goes prime time and everyone is on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

you can get it in blackrock all the time now, think there was a new mast put up there recently....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

demon3 wrote: »
    How long have you seen it for? Dundalk is listed on the Website as one of the towns due to be enabled so wonder if its coming soon and this is testing. Came in handy the other day because I was able to stream music on my phone while using personal hotspot for my tablet and everything was flying along nicely...
    They can detect tethering on 4g and like charging when you do tether so be careful!

MugMugs wrote: »
    They can detect tethering on 4g and like charging when you do tether so be careful!

Maybe Three will charge for 4g Tethering, but it would be a first, I have never been charged yet and I use 3G tethering all the time, I even use it with Three like home in the North/UK and Hong Kong and never got charged for Data. I have also used it in Dublin on 4G recently with no additional charges. Have you been charged before?

Biggest issue for me is the "fair usage" but don't want to start that discussion again... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It's consistent where I am now, up by Mournview on the Dublin road but when I go in to the town it's back to 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Guys, is Three the only network with 4G in Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

I think Meteor offer it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

On vodafone and I can get it at the Finnabair Business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

AngryLips wrote: »
    Guys, is Three the only network with 4G in Dundalk?

If Three have it then Vodafone have it as Three use the Vodafone network.

4G is only free with Three until the end of July. After that it will cost €5/month extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Three only use Vodafone's 2G network. Also I doubt that will be the case for much longer because they're taking over O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

got 50mb down and 50 ping up round oriel park on Monday morning (vodafone 4g)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I am using three at the moment in the town centre and I have never seen it above 1 Mbps down or up, usually around 0.3mbps, very poor. It's a 3G signal also.

cournioni wrote: »
    I am using three at the moment in the town centre and I have never seen it above 1 Mbps down or up, usually around 0.3mbps, very poor. It's a 3G signal also.

Ever since the 4G roll out in Dundalk I have notice their 3G signal has dropped, in fact between Dublin and Belfast most of the time I am on GPRS except for Dublin City Centre and Parts of Dundalk. When I do have 4G its no faster then 3G was when it was upgraded and alot of the time slower.

Advertisement