Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Irish Paper 2

• 20-04-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

How detailed do questions on prose, filíocht and an Triail have to be? My class nearly all received lower marks than we had expected in the mocks. Our teacher said that our Irish wasn't fancy enough but this confused me as I thought only 5 marks went for standard of Irish.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Sometimes the mocks are marked too strictly, all of your class can't be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 17 eoin14

for poetry, very easy to get 23/30 yet nearly impossible to get 29/30

• Registered Users Posts: 17 eoin14

an trial should be fairly straight forward if you have one essay prepared on Máire and Pádraig's effect on her, as well as one on hypocrisy you're well on your way

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

mattiekav wrote: »
    How detailed do questions on prose, filíocht and an Triail have to be? My class nearly all received lower marks than we had expected in the mocks. Our teacher said that our Irish wasn't fancy enough but this confused me as I thought only 5 marks went for standard of Irish.

I found the mocks to be exceptionally hard marked, especially the Examcraft Paper. I'd take them with a grain of salt.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

I found the mocks to be exceptionally hard marked, especially the Examcraft Paper. I'd take them with a grain of salt.:)

Hmmm really? :o:cool:
    I got a B2, including a very harshly marked oral..

Starting to think a B1 might be possible :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

aleatorio wrote: »
    Hmmm really? :o:cool:
    I got a B2, including a very harshly marked oral..

Starting to think a B1 might be possible :pac:
    Definitely with a bitta work. :) I got a B3 with the external corrections and a B1 when I had the best Irish teacher in my school correct it. Bit of a jump like. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mattiekav

Yeah.....I got 88 but desperately need an A1.....was only given 19 out of 30 for my prós which is worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

What prós and filíocht were on that paper? I thought our mock was marked pretty easy to be honest. I had the mock with Dís and Spailpín Fánach and got full marks on Dís despite not having done much preparation. I did answer the question asked pretty thoroughly so the examiner would have known I didn't just regurgitate a learned off piece.

According to the marking scheme continued relevance is crucial to a good grade so learning off is probably a bad idea.

Advertisement