Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

soft ganache?

Options
  • 20-04-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Im looking to make a very soft ganache from white and milk chocolate. Ive done it as a frosting a few times and used a 3 part choc for 1 part cream and it was lovely but too hard for what i want now.
    What i want this time tho is to make something like a cheesecake, digestive and butter base with a soft layer of white ganache, then a soft layer of mlk choc ganache.
    The idea then is to put a little of each mixture into the freezer to harden it a little, roll it into small balls then dip it in melted choc to form something like a lindt chocolate to top the cake which will be served in glass ramakins.
    Would a mix of 50/50 be ok? I dont want to be messing with the mixture for the day trying to get the right consistency.
    Its for friends who are calling for dinner tomorrow. It will probably be a bit heavy and filling but they both love chocolate and it is easter after all.
    Thanks in advance for any help or tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

I'd say 50:50 sounds about right.

This site (www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-ganache-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-41099) suggests the following:
    Chocolate Ganache Proportions
    These proportions are based on weight. For example, a 1:1 ratio means 4 ounces chocolate to 4 ounces cream.
    Layer cake filling and thick glaze: 1:1, equal parts chocolate and cream.
    Chocolate truffles: 2:1, two parts chocolate to one part cream.
    Soft icing and pourable glaze: 1:2, one part chocolate to two parts cream.

Dessert sounds luscious by the way!

Advertisement