Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mens leather trousers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭Grey_Goose

This is a topic that appears every so often: what's peoples opinion of men wearing leather trousers?
    I wear them all the time and I think the reason the topic reappears is that there are lots of guys that like to wear leather pants too but are lacking the confidence to do so.
    Opinions of ladies and gents?

Thanks justaguy.
    I think I get it. What you are really saying is that you have the confidence and variance of style to wear leather trousers and that you would encourage others who might be shy because of public opinion, but have a liking for leather trousers, to get out there and be themselves. For me I prefer ordinary run of the mill. If Leather Trousers became very fashionable..............maybe? I am not sure..... I have a leather jacket and it rarely gets worn. Yeah I would encourage people if they like a look in fashion go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 justaguy112

Grey_Goose wrote: »
    Thanks justaguy.
    I think I get it. What you are really saying is that you have the confidence and variance of style to wear leather trousers and that you would encourage others who might be shy because of public opinion, but have a liking for leather trousers, to get out there and be themselves. For me I prefer ordinary run of the mill. If Leather Trousers became very fashionable..............maybe? I am not sure..... I have a leather jacket and it rarely gets worn. Yeah I would encourage people if they like a look in fashion go for it.

Thanks grey_goose. Yes you summed it up precisely and put it much better than I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I have the same reaction to leather pants as I do to young guys wearing trench coats and fedoras.

<SNIP>

Please don't try and convince yourself that men don't wear leather pants because they lack the confidence to do so, they don't wear them because they look ridiculous.

Both for men and women IMHO. Yuck!

Lens leather trousers are back in fashion for autumn/winter 2014.

Ooops, that should have been : 'MENS' leather trousers are back in fashion for autumn/winter 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Back in fashion- fine. Actually seeing them on the streets- that's another thing. A lot of lines which are in fashion don't always translate to the high street and I think and fecking hope this is one.

Back in fashion- fine. Actually seeing them on the streets- that's another thing. A lot of lines which are in fashion don't always translate to the high street and I think and fecking hope this is one.

Apart from the hot weather, which won't be around autumn /winter, there's no reason why they won't make it onto the streets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Apart from the hot weather, which won't be around autumn /winter, there's no reason why they won't make it onto the streets.

There's one very good reason why they won't make it on to the streets: most people don't like them.
    If you like leather trousers and have the confidence to wear them then wear them, whether they're 'in fashion' or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

dee_mc wrote: »
    There's one very good reason why they won't make it on to the streets: most people don't like them.
    If you like leather trousers and have the confidence to wear them then wear them, whether they're 'in fashion' or not.

Most men aren't able to really fit into them, IMO a man would want to be a slim build to look ok in them.

Leather looks good on women though, leather skirts are nice.

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »

Thanks,yes I wear leather pants because I like the look, but I like clothes and fashion so I go for lots of different looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Thanks,yes I wear leather pants because I like the look, but I like clothes and fashion so I go for lots of different looks.

To be honest I don't like leather trousers on men as a 'fashion' look, I think it nearly always looks pretentious and try hard (whereas on a confident, slim, probably artistic guy who's not bothered about fashion they look fine). Similarly, I'd associate leather trousers on women with older ladies trying to prove they've 'still got it'.
    As GalwayGuy said, I like leather skirts for women, they can look really classy and cool, but some of the more recent leather trends, in particular leather t-shirts, are just horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Have you tried a good quality pair of pleather jeans? They are not PVC, don't look 'cheap' and are very light and comfortable to wear.
    I got mine from Lipservice online, luckily they suited me and fitted well, as I had to pay over 20e in import taxes to the postman.
    I am f and tend to have an androgynous kind of dress sense.

Advertisement