Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using ferric phosphate on slugs

• 20-04-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

Has anyone advice on how to use these slug pellets?

When I first bought them the advice was to apply them for a maximum of 4 times per plant over the course of their "lifetime".

That seemed a bit vague and I haven't come across those instructions since then.

I seem to notice that they are disappearing from where I have put them after about a week.

Could anything apart from the slugs be eating them?
    Does the rain dissolve them pretty quickly ?(it has been quite dry)

I also notice it says to put them on bare soil.Are they ineffective in the weeds?

Do they attract slugs and if not would it be a smart move to attract them somewhere away from the actual veg where they can eat the pellets?
    -
    What about putting them under wood planks where the slugs tend to gather (and I normally dispatch them with a scissors)

Advertisement