Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

• 20-04-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

I know we shouldn't rely on predictions, but teachers will give them before the exams. Maybe we should put them in the one place.
    I think An Spailpín Fánach and Dís will be on the HL Irish paper

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

Well since Lady Macbeth came up on both mock papers, people are taking that as a good indication but I wouldn't be relying on her just! My English teacher was also saying Dickinson is a big contender for poetry, probably Heaney and she also mentioned Larkin I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I'm learning Dickinson, surely she'll come up. Heaney is certain but I hate his work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

History ideas anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Well, I'd say comparative is definitely coming up in english paper 2, like no doubt.

Maths will have a lot of calculations I'd say.

My guess for biology is that there will be a mix of human and plant biology this year.

I have a good feeling chemistry Q1 will be volumetric analysis, not sure though!

I think in business they'll give us some sort of story that we have to answer questions on? a bit odd really...

That's all I can come up with so far, pm me if you have any questions! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Maths will have a sin cos or tan graph and maybe finding the area under that curve...you heard it here first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

No need to be patronising guys :P
    Obviously if you rely on predictions, you're a fool, but there are certain things that are more likely to come up than others each year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Suspense in section 2 in accounting. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    No need to be patronising guys :P
    Obviously if you rely on predictions, you're a fool, but there are certain things that are more likely to come up than others each year.

Yeh there probably are, I wish I knew them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Leavingcert179

For English poetry - is it enough to learn Heaney, Yeats, Dickinson and Larkin? Or could all of the other 4 poets come up?

For English poetry - is it enough to learn Heaney, Yeats, Dickinson and Larkin? Or could all of the other 4 poets come up?

There's always a possibility all four others could come up. Mathematically, it's a 1/70 chance but in reality I'd say it's far, far more unlikely. In my opinion I think you have chosen four poets that are very likely to appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I would reckon those will be the four that come up, maybe Kinsella instead of Larkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

thelad95 wrote: »
    I would reckon those will be the four that come up, maybe Kinsella instead of Larkin.

Im doing Dickinson, Yeats, Larkin and Kinsella - If one of those dont come up, Ill eat my exam paper :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

aleatorio wrote: »
    Im doing Dickinson, Yeats, Larkin and Kinsella - If one of those dont come up, Ill eat my exam paper :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No Heaney :eek: such blasphemy!

I think Dickinson is as good a bet as Heaney, if not better. The two other women on our course came last year and if the at least one women thing stays, Dickinson seems like the best bet. I wouldn't be surprised if Heaney's left out to punish those people who only study one poet.

robman60 wrote: »
    I think Dickinson is as good a bet as Heaney, if not better. The two other women on our course came last year and if the at least one women thing stays, Dickinson seems like the best bet. I wouldn't be surprised if Heaney's left out to punish those people who only study one poet.

True. I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two nasty shocks. My English teacher is convinced one of Bishop, Mahon or Plath will pop up simply because the paper is so predictable this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

True. I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two nasty shocks. My English teacher is convinced one of Bishop, Mahon or Plath will pop up simply because the paper is so predictable this year.

I'd say plath & mahon are likely just because people have completely ruled them out (i know my logic is amazing) but there's no real way to know. bishop was the unseen poem on our pre, i thought that was cruel :o

I find Heaney really hard to write about, and his poetry is a bit 'meh' to me, and I have a theory that if he does come up itll either be in the unseen poetry or a crazy hard question, so meh :P

I find Heaney really hard to write about, and his poetry is a bit 'meh' to me, and I have a theory that if he does come up itll either be in the unseen poetry or a crazy hard question, so meh :P

I find him the easiest but I agree with you about the crazy hard question.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

I know the Institute of Education (the ultimate grinds school in Dublin) are predicting Yeats, Dickinson and Heaney to come up, and they haven't been wrong in like 10 years or something ridiculous like that. :/ I hate all three of them, it's gonna be a nightmare! :P Plath is my queen - I'm kinda hoping that she'll pop up.

Any idea about the Modes for the Comparative? I need GVV >.<

My Physics teacher has been telling us for a month that the Electricity experiment will probably be Joule's Law too.

I know the Institute of Education (the ultimate grinds school in Dublin) are predicting Yeats, Dickinson and Heaney to come up, and they haven't been wrong in like 10 years or something ridiculous like that. :/ I hate all three of them, it's gonna be a nightmare! :P Plath is my queen - I'm kinda hoping that she'll pop up.

My Physics teacher has been telling us for a month that the Electricity experiment will probably be Joule's Law too.

If GVV doesnt come up Ill cry... :o

• Advertisement

General Vision and Viewpoint will come up 99% sure about that.

Cutlural Context and Theme/Issue is 50/50.

Anyone with any predictions for Economics? I'm quite worried about this because 2012 was the easiest paper in history according to my teacher and 2013 was the hardest he's ever seen.

If GVV doesnt come up Ill cry... :o

Same :( I get consistent A1s in that essay and like B2s in Cultural Context... It's mental

General Vision and Viewpoint will come up 99% sure about that.

You have actually made my day <3

You have actually made my day <3

But there's always that creeping doubt..... :P

But there's always that creeping doubt..... :P

I am obviously going to know both :P But GVV is my personal fave. Just find it easier to write about, especially since my 3 texts all have the same message basically.

For Chemistry, I've heard rumors going around that it's most likely going to be the iron tablet titration.

Anyone predicting anything for business? I normally try to heed predictions but in business I'm just doing everything and a quick look over units 6 and 7 but if anyone has anything specific that'd be useful.

I'm hoping break-even analysis will come up. I do accounting too, and the Qs in business are just like simplified versions of the accounting Qs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

please give us theme or issue...only one i properly understand!

For accounting:
    Sole Trader, Controls, Reval/Depr, Cash flow, Suspense, Service, Marginal+an extra, Cash budgeting - according to one of the grinds schools that nearly always has it correct and according to my teacher has an "informant" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyone predicting anything for business? I normally try to heed predictions but in business I'm just doing everything and a quick look over units 6 and 7 but if anyone has anything specific that'd be useful.

I'm hoping break-even analysis will come up. I do accounting too, and the Qs in business are just like simplified versions of the accounting Qs.

Could do. If you can nail it, it's the easiest part of the paper.

Any predictions for the dreaded ABQ? Characteristics of entrepreneur is tipped by a lot of people. My teacher is convinced a letter/report/memo will come up as well.

Unit 6 is the devil's work. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. I find Unit 7 is very straightforward as I do Economics and there's a bit of crossover.

please give us theme or issue...only one i properly understand!

For accounting:
    Sole Trader, Controls, Reval/Depr, Cash flow, Suspense, Service, Marginal+an extra, Cash budgeting - according to one of the grinds schools that nearly always has it correct and according to my teacher has an "informant" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In fairness I think most people are predicting those questions for accounting. I could see Tabular thrown in as a 100 mark Q as it hasn't come up since 2011 for 100 marks. It does tend to come up with manufacturing as Q1 though to keep things fair in terms of time.

It would be really interesting if service and suspense came up this year as that would mean four year cycles of section two questions. What I mean is 2009 had Incomplete and Published, as did 2013. 2010 had service and suspense so if we did too it would be ridiculously predictable. I think that's a reasonable possibility but nothing more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

In fairness I think most people are predicting those questions for accounting. I could see Tabular thrown in as a 100 mark Q as it hasn't come up since 2011 for 100 marks. It does tend to come up with manufacturing as Q1 though to keep things fair in terms of time.

It would be really interesting if service and suspense came up this year as that would mean four year cycles of section two questions. What I mean is 2009 had Incomplete and Published, as did 2013. 2010 had service and suspense so if we did too it would be ridiculously predictable. I think that's a reasonable possibility but nothing more than that.

Please throw in a tabular instead of cash flow!! Cash flows are my weakness...

Advertisement