Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

aleatorio wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78853884&postcount=15

I found this old post about the CLT if that helps anyone :o

We did that thankfully but I just didn't realise it was called the central limit thereom... Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 Pidge96

LC12395 wrote: »
    Central Limit Theorem has most certainly been added to the 2014 syllabus. Binomial expansion has only been added to the 2015 syllabus onward. There is no doubt.

That's true, if memory serves correctly application of the central limit theorem came up on some jar question on the exam craft paper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 rickjames16

Has no one at all any geography tips ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kevink7501

What's definitely coming up in business , I just really need to pass it at this stage :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Kevink7501 wrote: »
    What's definitely coming up in business , I just really need to pass it at this stage :(

Unit 1,2,3,4 will get you a pass

Aim for 40/80 in Sq's

50/80 in ABQ

45/60 in Q1

45/60 in Q4

45/60 in Q5 and one other Q and you have passed!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Kevink7501

thelad95 wrote: »

Aim for 40/80 in Sq's

50/80 in ABQ

45/60 in Q1

45/60 in Q4

Will I get that done if I start now ?

Kevink7501 wrote: »
    Will I get that done if I start now ?

Of course but do a plan and manage your time wisely. You have this weekend and next weekend to revise for business as well as the night before.

Don't depend solely on what I've said though. Have a read over the rest of the course as well so you can attempt all SQ's and one other LQ. If you do units 1-4 in detail, you could get at least a C.

Best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Efafitz1994

What's the story with literary genre for comparative? I thought I'd be grand if I knew theme and issues and cultural context well because one of them is bound to come up but then in the exam papers it's seems that when GVV comes up the other option is literary genre 😖

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

What the thelad95 has said will get you way more than a pass. That will you over 60% if you got what he's said. If I were in your situation I'd just focus on units 1,2 and 3 at this stage. The average grade in the SQs is 70% (56/80) so if you attempt them all you're well on your way. Then you should get 50/80 in ABQ minimum if you concentrate on that for the last few days, make sure to have linking quotes from the ABQ to back up your point. They're throwing marks it you with those links.

Then you should be able to do a good Q1 and Q4 and any other two questions as well as you can and you'll be well on your way to a C3 in my opinion.
    What's the story with literary genre for comparative? I thought I'd be grand if I knew theme and issues and cultural context well because one of them is bound to come up but then in the exam papers it's seems that when GVV comes up the other option is literary genre 😖
    Literary genre isn't on this year fortunately. It says that clearly in the syllabus for this year. I'm only doing GVV and Cultural Context as that'll guarantee me a question anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Efafitz1994

Literary genre isn't on this year fortunately. It says that clearly in the syllabus for this year. I'm only doing GVV and Cultural Context as that'll guarantee me a question anyway.[/quote]

Ah yes I realise that now! Sound out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

thelad95 wrote: »

Aim for 40/80 in Sq's

50/80 in ABQ

45/60 in Q1

45/60 in Q4

Or if you do unit 5 instead of 4. That covers you for 2 questions
    So if you do units 1,2,3 (you have to for ABQ) and the 5 you can answer 4 long questions with just that much study (you only need to answer four long qs anyway)

Q1 is unit 1
    Q2 is unit 2 + 3
    Q6 and Q7 are unit 5.
    Unit 5 shouldn't be that hard it's all kind of drawing and mapping stuff you know like draw a break even chart, business plan, product life cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Can anyone doing honours English Pm me? I need help understanding GVV and CC. I really don't know what to be mentioning!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AKMCD2014

Anyone doing Culture and Identity for geography? If so, which topics are you focusing on? It seems extremely difficult to get a high mark in. Was considering focusing mainly on nation states and then the importance of language and religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 teenieox

german grammar anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lizzmurph

AKMCD2014 wrote: »
    Anyone doing Culture and Identity for geography? If so, which topics are you focusing on? It seems extremely difficult to get a high mark in. Was considering focusing mainly on nation states and then the importance of language and religion.

I'm wondering the same! I think I'm going to focus on religion as a cultural indicator (language as a cultural indicator came up in 2012) and then regions to do with conflict and cultural groups without nation states.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

Anyone have any suggestions for Irish essay titles? I've heard méan cumarsáide is a big one this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Anyone have any suggestions for Irish essay titles? I've heard méan cumarsáide is a big one this year??

Everyones saying that so yeah. Does anyone know any good websites for getting vocabs for the irish essays?

Could anyone see the witches coming up as a character for the Macbeth question? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

Could anyone see the witches coming up as a character for the Macbeth question? :(

Maybe with supernatural yanno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Hopefully not. :pac:

• Advertisement

They haven't been up for ages and I couldn't see them putting another question on macbeths character up :/

They haven't been up for ages and I couldn't see them putting another question on macbeths character up :/

It seems to be Macbeth one year, followed by Lady Macbeth and Macbeth's relationship the following year.

I can't imagine a massive curveball to be honest, worse I could see coming up is Macduff.

Hotale.com wrote: »
    It seems to be Macbeth one year, followed by Lady Macbeth and Macbeth's relationship the following year.

I can't imagine a massive curveball to be honest, worse I could see coming up is Macduff.

So that means we "technically" should be up for lady Macbeth in which case I would scream with delight in the middle of the exam hall!!

So that means we "technically" should be up for lady Macbeth in which case I would scream with delight in the middle of the exam hall!!

Lady Macbeth would be perfect :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Does anyone has a Mean cumarsaide aiste they could send me? Kind of ****ting a major brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

9bred4 wrote: »
    Does anyone has a Mean cumarsaide aiste they could send me? Kind of ****ting a major brick.

If you use the book 'Fiúntas' (the green one for higher level that most schools use) there's tons of stuff on na meáin chumarsáide in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 romanita

please give us theme or issue...only one i properly understand!

For accounting:
    Sole Trader, Controls, Reval/Depr, Cash flow, Suspense, Service, Marginal+an extra, Cash budgeting - according to one of the grinds schools that nearly always has it correct and according to my teacher has an "informant" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really doubt it will be Cash Budgeting, I think a Production Budget would be a more accurate prediction to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

If you use the book 'Fiúntas' (the green one for higher level that most schools use) there's tons of stuff on na meáin chumarsáide in it!

Unfortunately those books are kept in the school, which is now closed.

9bred4 wrote: »
    Unfortunately those books are kept in the school, which is now closed.

You could probably get into your school easily enough. Your principal and secretaries probably will still be working throughout the exam and there's bound to be a caretaker knocking around who could let you in. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bonzo000

teenieox wrote: »
    from what my teacher hinted at :
    Q1 titration , either acid and base or redox (iron tablet , water of crystallisation)
    Q2 organics , SOAP , ethanal / ethene or ethanoic acid
    Q3 water , suspended and dissolved solids or oxygen production

for all the others
    know your atomic theory
    and the usual organic reactions
    Chateliers principle

knowing your organics is a key to a good grade in Chem.
    its very general but on the other hand a new person had made our paper so its hard to say

Prep of ethanoic acid and ethanal can't be asked in q2 for our year but the chemical properties can be asked in section b!

Advertisement