Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Can anyone tell me what are the most important units to know inside out for a high grade in ordinary level business? I'm looking for an A/B grade. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 teenieox

bonzo000 wrote: »
    Prep of ethanoic acid and ethanal can't be asked in q2 for our year but the chemical properties can be asked in section b!

They dont necessarily need to be in section B , they could throw a mix of organics into the question 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8 neevie95

bonzo000 wrote: »
    Prep of ethanoic acid and ethanal can't be asked in q2 for our year but the chemical properties can be asked in section b!

What do you mean by they can't be asked ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

Could anyone see the witches coming up as a character for the Macbeth question? :(

they could put the witches up but most likely they'd come up with another character as there wouldn't be a lot to say on just them alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

neonmaria wrote: »
    they could put the witches up but most likely they'd come up with another character as there wouldn't be a lot to say on just them alone

The other characters could only really be Macbeth or Lady Macbeth unless they were absolute sadists making the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

Hotale.com wrote: »
    The other characters could only really be Macbeth or Lady Macbeth unless they were absolute sadists making the paper.

Ya I think something on Macbeth/lady Macbeths relationship is most likely although something on lady Macbeth alone would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I really dont see how they could ask a question on anyone apart from macbeth, lady, the witches and at a stretch banquo , I dont think theres enough to write on macduff really

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laylaax

Kingship would be a perfect question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Does anyone think a question on the injured Captain could come up in Macbeth? Apparently some teacher in (insert grind school here) said he could come up. :P

thelad95 wrote: »
    Does anyone think a question on the injured Captain could come up in Macbeth? Apparently some teacher in (insert grind school here) said he could come up. :P
    How could you possible get 3-4 pages on the though :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

Who or what is the injured captain??

I'm pretty sure it's the guy that tells Duncan how great Macbeth and banquo were in defeating the enemies

I hope you're joking.

He has like three lines telling Duncan how brave Macbeth and Banquo are.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

laylaax wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's the guy that tells Duncan how great Macbeth and banquo were in defeating the enemies

Didn't even know he existed... So long, B1 :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

first off, any predictions for HIGHER level bio?

second what do you write for the theme of kingship? just general brew haha on kings and how they were viewed as gods at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

Badwulf wrote: »
    first off, any predictions for HIGHER level bio?

second what do you write for the theme of kingship? just general brew haha on kings and how they were viewed as gods at the time?

My teacher figures there will be a lot on about plant reproduction since human reproduction came up last year.You never know though

can somebody help me with history?
    I have studied russia and britain in dictatorship and democracy
    the 3 case studies and the anglo irish agreement in the northern ireland book
    and im going to look at foreign policy and the economy in America
    and obvs the case studies book

do ye think i will be covered? anything else to be safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

WoolyAbyss wrote: »
    can somebody help me with history?
    I have studied russia and britain in dictatorship and democracy
    the 3 case studies and the anglo irish agreement in the northern ireland book
    and im going to look at foreign policy and the economy in America
    and obvs the case studies book

do ye think i will be covered? anything else to be safe?

Inter war germany could come up with britain, so maybe look over Weimer germany! Also nazi propganda is highly tipped this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

For those doing home ec do you think a meat question is almost a cert? Praying that the elective is childcare/leisure/education! Also if protein,vit c, b1 and b2 vits and calcium appear I will be SO happy! Love sociology so hoping for a nice question :)

For English I honestly think the character q will either be Macbeth or Lady Macbeth. I can't see any other character being important enough or major enough to base an entire question around :/

• Advertisement

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    For English I honestly think the character q will either be Macbeth or Lady Macbeth. I can't see any other character being important enough or major enough to base an entire question around :/

Banquo and Macduff... don't say I didn't tell ya so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

Yeah. We can get questions that contain both characters like contrasting Banquo and Macbeth etc.

MrAweesome wrote: »
    Inter war germany could come up with britain, so maybe look over Weimer germany! Also nazi propganda is highly tipped this year.

Alright ya I'll definitely look at the propaganda.I'm still hoping for Russia though it has come up in some form every year so hopefully.
    I'm not sure about the weimar though I really hate the German chapters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Does anyone think a question on the injured Captain could come up in Macbeth?
    No. Nor on Young Siward. Nor on Lady MacBeths hairdresser. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JD244

My teacher's thinking the witches might come up, and if not them either Banquo or Macduff, but probably not the Macbeths, but and theirs always a but with this teacher if they doc come up it'll be a changing relationship questions.

He's also predicting Kingship, tied into good vs evil, hoping either or will turn up on the day, false appearance or the supernatural in the play.

No. Nor on Young Siward. Nor on Lady MacBeths hairdresser. :rolleyes:

What about the messenger who gave Lady Macbeth the letter about the witches prophecies?

How about Macduff son or wife?

How about the drunken porter?
    JD244 wrote: »
    My teacher's thinking the witches might come up, and if not them either Banquo or Macduff, but probably not the Macbeths, but and theirs always a but with this teacher if they doc come up it'll be a changing relationship questions.

He's also predicting Kingship, tied into good vs evil, hoping either or will turn up on the day, false appearance or the supernatural in the play.

Changing relationship Q would be a dream.

What about the messenger who gave Lady Macbeth the letter about the witches prophecies?

You left out Angus and Caithness!! Dream question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nah.
    I've seen a question on that scene on a university paper, actually. Pretty unlikely at LC though.

I suppose they could use a quote from a minor character and ask you to discuss how it applied to the play as a whole, for example, but even that would be unlikely, they don't tend to get that tricky at LC level.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JD244

WoolyAbyss wrote: »
    Alright ya I'll definitely look at the propaganda.I'm still hoping for Russia though it has come up in some form every year so hopefully.
    I'm not sure about the weimar though I really hate the German chapters.

My teacher's predicted Nazi Propaganda as an almost certain, but that's just his opinion.

Our class is basically only going doing the 1913 Lockout, and cultural nationalism and leaving out Parnell and Home Rule.

Mussolini's Italy.
    Hitler: rise, domestic and foreign policy, propaganda, Church and State.
    Stalin and Lenin: economics and Show Trials
    No Interwar years or France or Jarrow.

USA:
    Racial Conflict up to the mid 60's.
    US Foreign policy 1945-89
    Each US president's involvement with Vietnam.
    Truman and LBJ as personalities.
    The moon landings. Only 2 lads are doing it in my class, so boring

And the Documents of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 mjackson37

How do you learn the moon landing I know it hasn't been up in a while which is why I want to learn it incase I already know johnsom in vietnam and the us foreign policy in berlin, korea and cuba what else should I do :/ stressed

Advertisement