Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 galpal123

In reality, how likely is a Banquo question? Or Macduff? Isn't that a bit cruel? And surely it'd be accompanied by a straightforward theme one for the second option?
    Whole country seems to be banking on Lady Macbeth, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shauna7827

I have a theory that the Education System (or similar) will come up for the written piece in French, simply because of all the controversy over the reforms this year... also Pollution is a high contender :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 neevie95

galpal123 wrote: »
    In reality, how likely is a Banquo question? Or Macduff? Isn't that a bit cruel? And surely it'd be accompanied by a straightforward theme one for the second option?
    Whole country seems to be banking on Lady Macbeth, fingers crossed!

Macduff not likely at all I think. Banquo
    is a large possibility as he came up on that English Paper 2 a few years ago that had to be redone when someone handed it out instead of paper one. :)

neevie95 wrote: »
    Macduff not likely at all I think. Banquo
    is a large possibility as he came up on that English Paper 2 a few years ago that had to be redone when someone handed it out instead of paper one. :)

Was it a question on Banquo's character alone or as a 'foil' to Macbeth, as he has been described, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chloec96

Our English teacher thinks female characters or Banquo could come up for a Macbeth question.

She also thinks that GV+V will come up and something about key moments will pop up in the question 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Was it a question on Banquo's character alone or as a 'foil' to Macbeth, as he has been described, do you know?

The actual details of the paper were never released to the public but I think it was something along the lines of the"Banquo is a perfect soldier whose finer qualities are gradually undermined by ambition. Discuss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

thelad95 wrote: »
    The actual details of the paper were never released to the public but I think it was something along the lines of the"Banquo is a perfect soldier whose finer qualities are gradually undermined by ambition. Discuss"

Please not Banquo... :pac:

What are the most highly tipped poets? I've heard Heaney, Yeats, Dickinson and Mahon are the most likely.

thelad95 wrote: »

Oh god that question is horrible, definitely wouldn't get 3/4 pages out of Banquo alone..... Thanks! I wonder what the theme question was that year.
    Hotale.com wrote: »
    Please not Banquo... :pac:

What are the most highly tipped poets? I've heard Heaney, Yeats, Dickinson and Mahon are the most likely.

Larkin too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Larkin too!

I've only Dickinson, Plath and Larkin done, and Plath nearly definitely isn't coming up D:

Please let it be true!!

Hotale.com wrote: »
    I've only Dickinson, Plath and Larkin done, and Plath nearly definitely isn't coming up D:

Please let it be true!!

Yeah I'm doing Larkin, Dickinson, and Heaney. We should be okay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭richardh330

Physics hasn't been discussed much, any predictions?

Here are mine:

EXPERIMENTS
    Specific heat capacity
    Measure speed of sound (resonance tube)
    g by free fall
    Joule's Law

LONG Q's
    Mechanics (obviously)
    Light (diffraction, interference etc)
    Photoelectric emission
    Q10 - pair production/annihilation + finding energy needed etc

• Registered Users Posts: 36 typicalstudent

Any predictions for ordinary level Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭mariecxx

Home Economics (H)

question 1 or 2
    Eggs
    Meat
    Any of the B Group vitamins; probably b1 or b2.
    Protein
    cheese
    Calcium
    Vitimin D
    making cheese
    the meat/egg quality assurance schemes

Question 3
    Microbiology
    Additives

Question 4
    textiles
    household technology

Question 5
    Marriage
    Divorce
    Family
    Making a Will

My elective is textiles and not many do it so I won't bother :)

don't forget about vit c ;) can they ask a question about meat/fish in q1? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 romanita

Any predictions for ordinary level Irish?

My teacher reckons colscaradh is most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AKMCD2014

mjackson37 wrote: »
    How do you learn the moon landing I know it hasn't been up in a while which is why I want to learn it incase I already know johnsom in vietnam and the us foreign policy in berlin, korea and cuba what else should I do :/ stressed

I also think the moon landings are likely this year; shame it's extremely boring! I'm focusing on its impact on Americas foreign policy and it's involvement in the 'space race'. I'd also focus on the developments it lead to in space technology and IT and computers. Also, perhaps know why America made advancements in technology. It's all verrrry boring IMO.

My teacher also told me to focus on decline of Cold War certainties; involving Nixon, policy of Détente and SALT (II).
    lizzmurph wrote: »
    I'm wondering the same! I think I'm going to focus on religion as a cultural indicator (language as a cultural indicator came up in 2012) and then regions to do with conflict and cultural groups without nation states.

I've noticed language had taken a 2 year gap for the past couple of years, so perhaps it could come up if the sequence is correct :p. yeah case studies are the most important part of the answer on C&I. I'm the only one doing it in my school so it's very hard to know the full extent of how to get an A answer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

Could anyone please tell me if it's necessary to use quotes in the comparative? Our teacher said yes but then the other English teacher in the school said no, just wondering if anyone else uses quotes or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Physics hasn't been discussed much, any predictions?

Here are mine:

EXPERIMENTS
    Specific heat capacity
    Measure speed of sound (resonance tube)
    g by free fall
    Joule's Law

LONG Q's
    Mechanics (obviously)
    Light (diffraction, interference etc)
    Photoelectric emission
    Q10 - pair production/annihilation + finding energy needed etc

I was thinking along the same lines. I can 100% see heat coming up. Either an experiment or question 7. I think if the diffraction grating experiment is on section A then there will be no heat experiment and instead there'll be a heat calculation/question on section B. Or else the exact opposite.. Heat experiment in sectio A and diffraction grating question for question 7.

I think an air track experiment is due for mechanics. Either F is proportional to A or the principle of conservation of momentum. Apart from that I think the electricity question will be on static electricity mostly and there'll be a question on the electron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

mmahony18 wrote: »
    Could anyone please tell me if it's necessary to use quotes in the comparative? Our teacher said yes but then the other English teacher in the school said no, just wondering if anyone else uses quotes or not.
    They aren't compulsory I think. Our teacher said that quotes are more important in poetry and single text. He said that you only have to use about five quotes for comparative. I reckon it's good to put them in though. I guess it shows that you know your texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 neevie95

Oh god that question is horrible, definitely wouldn't get 3/4 pages out of Banquo alone..... Thanks! I wonder what the theme question was that year.

It was deception :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mjackson37

AKMCD2014 wrote: »
    I also think the moon landings are likely this year; shame it's extremely boring! I'm focusing on its impact on Americas foreign policy and it's involvement in the 'space race'. I'd also focus on the developments it lead to in space technology and IT and computers. Also, perhaps know why America made advancements in technology. It's all verrrry boring IMO.

My teacher also told me to focus on decline of Cold War certainties; involving Nixon, policy of Détente and SALT (II).

thanks :D much appreciated hopefully it will be an easy johnson question and maybe writing about it will be avoided :P are you doing northern ireland any tips for that my teacher is useless and anytime you asked for help he would list every chapter in the topic and tell you to learn it all

my teacher said maybe just one per para to support a point and make your essay look good :) pity it wasnt the same for macbeth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

MikeSD wrote: »
    They aren't compulsory I think. Our teacher said that quotes are more important in poetry and single text. He said that you only have to use about five quotes for comparative. I reckon it's good to put them in though. I guess it shows that you know your texts.

Yeah that's what I was thinking it shows you went the extra mile to learn more about each text, thanks! :)
    my teacher said maybe just one per para to support a point and make your essay look good :) pity it wasnt the same for macbeth

If we had to learn one per paragraph for Macbeth be laughing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Not essential but they help! If you make a statement like ' the family in how many miles to babylon was very dysfunctional' a quote like when alex said 'even with them I was alone' really makes it a much stronger statement :)

thanks :D much appreciated hopefully it will be an easy johnson question and maybe writing about it will be avoided :P are you doing northern ireland any tips for that my teacher is useless and anytime you asked for help he would list every chapter in the topic and tell you to learn it all

Yeah I find America a bit boring to be honest, especially the Vietnam war! And everything past that just seems to be social problems. For Northern Ireland I'm focusing on sunningdale agreement and Colereine! It was 50 years since Sunningdale agreement last year and it wasn't on last years paper, while apparently Colereine came up on both mocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

AKMCD2014 wrote: »
    Yeah I find America a bit boring to be honest, especially the Vietnam war! And everything past that just seems to be social problems. For Northern Ireland I'm focusing on sunningdale agreement and Colereine! It was 50 years since Sunningdale agreement last year and it wasn't on last years paper, while apparently Colereine came up on both mocks!

Do you think we would be covered with the 3 case studies in Northern Ireland?
    It seems like atleast one comes up every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 c0unterpart

I'd say wedge for Q4 in applied maths.

bit worried about Q10 seeing as substiution is gone,anyone have ideas for ?

WoolyAbyss wrote: »
    Do you think we would be covered with the 3 case studies in Northern Ireland?
    It seems like atleast one comes up every year.

Perhaps. It often seems to me that atleast one of the essays in each topic has some involvement or association with a case study; but not always. Colereine seems highly tipped anyways. If you are going to focus on the case studies I'd recommend knowing the chapters just before and just after, as often questions can ask the reason why or the effect it had afterwards. That goes for the 3 compulsory case studies too.

So focusing on the case studies may be likely to provide you with an essay; but it's not guaranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Seymour101

Larkin, Dickinson, Yeats. They ok to rely on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Seymour101 wrote: »
    Larkin, Dickinson, Yeats. They ok to rely on?

Thats what Im doing so hopefully! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭richardh330

Any ideas for part C of ratios in accounting, I'm thinking it'll be advise for friend or limitations of ratio analysis. Liquidity ratio came up last year so I doubt it'll be back on again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 niamhg49

Hey, so would anybody have any idea as to what's going to come up in the geography geoecology section?
    If anybody has a clue it would be highly appreciated! Cheers!

Advertisement