Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

whats everyone banking on coming up in unit 3 for bio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Blog would be nice, you'd just have to act like a pretentious weirdo :rolleyes:

How would you approach it if we got a blog and it was a nice question? As in, how would you make it clear it was a blog rather than say an article?

Expressing polarising views on everything? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

Badwulf wrote: »
    whats everyone banking on coming up in unit 3 for bio?

Definitely the heart I imagine, could even be the heart dissection experiment for section B, bacteria are nearly always involved in either short or long questions, human and plant reproduction definitely and also maybe viruses or human defence system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

robman60 wrote: »
    How would you approach it if we got a blog and it was a nice question? As in, how would you make it clear it was a blog rather than say an article?

Expressing polarising views on everything? :pac:

Yes, I imagine that would be it :p

Or else put an advertisement at the end, making it clear that you only have a blog because you work as an affiliate for Amazon :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 millypop

For HL Irish aiste.....if i have media, crime and economy.....would I be pretty safeish????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

Ordinary level Irish story or email anyone? :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

mmahony18 wrote: »
    Definitely the heart I imagine, could even be the heart dissection experiment for section B, bacteria are nearly always involved in either short or long questions, human and plant reproduction definitely and also maybe viruses or human defence system.
    Learning Microbio, Immunity, Breathing, Senses + Reproduction

marno21 wrote: »
    Learning Microbio, Immunity, Breathing, Senses + Reproduction

Oops left them out and def nervous system too I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

AKMCD2014 wrote: »
    Wow, that's remarkable! Well done! If you don't mind me asking, how did you do it? :p I find I can blabber on about the subject (religion/language) and talk about sections that aren't necessarily related to the question. I write about the history of the topic and then the present day situation, then focus in on two case studies related to the cultural indicator.

For the mock in the religion one I focused on what makes the religions different culturally. I wrote one paragraph based on kind of food/ clothing and I mentioned stuff like Ramadan, kosher, bindi, turban. I also wrote a paragraph on the different feasts and stuff, like Christmas, honnukah. I also wrote about 7 sacraments, lent and stuff. Then finally I kinda wrote on religious laws, I wrote about the laws against women driving and voting and stuff in Islam.

I never really knew if I was doing them
    Properly. It is the only essay I can get 80/80 in. :) I do think something on religion will come up for culture and identity this year. It'll either be a cultural indicator or religious conflict or something. 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Seymour101 wrote: »
    Larkin, Dickinson, Yeats. They ok to rely on?
    aleatorio wrote: »
    Thats what Im doing so hopefully! :o
    bb1234567 wrote: »
    If dickinson yeats or heaney dont come up Im ripping up my exam paper
    The only reliable way to be sure of getting at least one poet is to cover five at least to the point that you could cobble together an answer if you really needed to. Plus it will reduce your last-minute panic significantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

The only reliable way to be sure of getting at least one poet is to cover five at least to the point that you could cobble together an answer if you really needed to. Plus it will reduce your last-minute panic significantly.

Oh yeah definately, I know how the odds work ;) I have a working knowledge of Kinsella and Bishop too, just significantly less quotes and 'fancy phrases' to go with them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 niamhg49

Does anyone have any ideas on higher level regional geography?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Why did you study all the least likely poets though??

No idea as to why our teacher picked them tbh. But from what we've studied, I reckon Larkin,Heaney & Mahon will appear - hopefully Larkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    No idea as to why our teacher picked them tbh. But from what we've studied, I reckon Larkin,Heaney & Mahon will appear - hopefully Larkin

Similar to you, our teacher picked unlikely poets. We started Plath before LC last year in fairness. We covered Mahon, Heaney, Plath, Dickinson and Bishop. Well that's five. I guess I can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CiaraRedmond

This isn't prediction related exactly but in the geography mock 'Examine the importance of physical features and/or climate in a Continental/Sub-Continental region' came up.I said how they had an influence on primary activities but I only got half marks. How would I answer this for full marks? Serious cramming right now...

This isn't prediction related exactly but in the geography mock 'Examine the importance of physical features and/or climate in a Continental/Sub-Continental region' came up.I said how they had an influence on primary activities but I only got half marks. How would I answer this for full marks? Serious cramming right now...

Ohh I answered that on the geography pre, trick is to use India, just draw on everything you know about india!
    Are yo expecting france/ Ireland or mezzogiorno to appear?

I know Mezzogiorno really well so hopefully that will come up. I'm going to avoid drawing the map like the plague. What do think will come up in physical? Thanks for the tip :)

I know Mezzogiorno really well so hopefully that will come up. I'm going to avoid drawing the map like the plague. What do think will come up in physical? Thanks for the tip :)
    I'm banking on colorado river coming up and hopefully deposition(delta), I'm also thinking the burren maybe?
    Any ideas yourself?

MikeSD wrote: »
    Similar to you, our teacher picked unlikely poets. We started Plath before LC last year in fairness. We covered Mahon, Heaney, Plath, Dickinson and Bishop. Well that's five. I guess I can't go wrong.

Same as us, we did them in fifth year before we knew what was coming up last year. Yep I'd say Dickinson is almost a cert! Really hope Larkin or Mahon is up :) Heaney will appear most likely since he was last up in 2004 so 10 year anniversary along with his death...I have a feeling though the SEC might throw a massive curveball and put Heaney on the unseen :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AKMCD2014

Any predictions on what topics will appear on the HL French paper?

• Advertisement

niamhg49 wrote: »
    I'm banking on colorado river coming up and hopefully deposition(delta), I'm also thinking the burren maybe?
    Any ideas yourself?

I think earthquakes and volcanoes..maybe interaction with the rock cycle, that seems to come up quite a bit. Oh and interaction with surface processes, fingers crossed :)
    Any predictions on what topics will appear on the HL French paper?

Alcohol probably, with the nek-nominations thing earlier in the year, maybe unemployment too :)

I think earthquakes and volcanoes..maybe interaction with the rock cycle, that seems to come up quite a bit. Oh and interaction with surface processes, fingers crossed :)

interaction with rock cycle came up last year?
    I haven't looked at human geography yet though!

niamhg49 wrote: »
    interaction with rock cycle came up last year?
    I haven't looked at human geography yet though!

It's come up six times in eight years, so it would be worth your while learning it :) Human by far is my worst topic, there's just so much you can be asked on it! :)

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Same as us, we did them in fifth year before we knew what was coming up last year. Yep I'd say Dickinson is almost a cert! Really hope Larkin or Mahon is up :) Heaney will appear most likely since he was last up in 2004 so 10 year anniversary along with his death...I have a feeling though the SEC might throw a massive curveball and put Heaney on the unseen :p
    It's actually 11 years since he came up! Maybe that weakens his likelihood :P

MikeSD wrote: »
    It's actually 11 years since he came up! Maybe that weakens his likelihood :P

Our teacher gave us a sheet with a list of all the poets on the English course right up until 2018, last time Heaney appeared was 2003, he's on this year yet if they don't put him on this year that means he won't be on the syllabus until after 2018!
    Not sure if they'd leave a poet off for 15+ years? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kb4321

Need some advice for history if anyone can help.

Just wondering if picking 3 essay options for each section (e.g. 3 for dictatorship and democracy and 3 for The United States and the wider world) is a safe option? I have a lot of faith in at least 1 of my chosen essays to appear in each section.

Just want to gain an understanding of how other students are preparing for the exam. I want/need history to be one of my top honours, and I did a hell of a lot better than I thought I would in the mocks. Any suggestions or replies would be great!

Ya that's what me and most of the people I know are doing :) Just look at the trends and pick 3/4 that are most likely! Make sure you know them all well so you can shuffle them around to fit what comes up :) Good luck!

mmahony18 wrote: »
    Our teacher gave us a sheet with a list of all the poets on the English course right up until 2018, last time Heaney appeared was 2003, he's on this year yet if they don't put him on this year that means he won't be on the syllabus until after 2018!
    Not sure if they'd leave a poet off for 15+ years? :P
    They have ignored him for a ridiculously long time already.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahkiely125

Does anyone have any idea what topics could appear on English paper one?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 giraffegoat

If four poets come up on paper 2 does that mean one of, Larkin, Heaney, Dickenson or Yeats is a definite?

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any idea what topics could appear on English paper one?
    They may choose something that's topical/been topical. Suicide and neck nominations were featured quite heavily this year so they might ask to write an essay based around that or something maybe. I love paper 1, glad we are beginning with a (hopefully!) nice paper :) Also agree with the poster who said how the SEC ignore Heaney.
    He's surely almost a definite this year, would be VERY strange if they didn't put him on it considering he's such a renowned/celebrated figure in the world of literature

Advertisement