Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 teenieox

Good luck to everyone tomorrow ! You'll be graaaaaaaaaaand !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

AKMCD2014 wrote: »
    Is it acceptable to use quotes from Macbeth that aren't necessarily from the same scene or even about the characters in question; but suit the point you are trying to make?
    If they back up a valid point, yes.

be careful not to go off the point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

I called it from the start, knew Heaney would be on paper 1! What does this mean for tomorrow though? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33 giraffegoat

Yeah Dickenson or Plath have to come up now. Anyone who says they won't is a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JC2011girl

do you think I'll be fine knowing Dickinson, Heaney and Larkin??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

I know Bishop, Heaney and Yeats. Heaney was my safety, but with him coming up on paper one I'm really worried now. I don't have enough time to cover one or two more poets though.

JC2011girl wrote: »
    do you think I'll be fine knowing Dickinson, Heaney and Larkin??

there's no way in hell heaney will come up tomorrow since he was on paper one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

There's no way in hell that you can predict that. The SEC could easily fool us twice and put him on tomorrow. All poets have a 1/8 chance of coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

You never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Those bastards. At least I have Yeats and Dickinson.

• Advertisement

There's no way in hell that you can predict that. The SEC could easily fool us twice and put him on tomorrow. All poets have a 1/8 chance of coming up.

We'll see who the fool is tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

We'll see who the fool is tomorrow ;)

I'm learning Heaney and 4 other poets, if he doesn't come up at least I'll still have a poet that comes up, if he does, well, I think we know who the fool is then...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 b3rnade11e

I think there is a high chance for Heaney to come up tomorrow as well.He deserves the respect of being on twice in one year for sure after a good few years being forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

For paper one, I answered the comprehension on pop music and video games, but got really confused for the last question. It asked who do you think got their point across more effectively, but comment on features of both of their styles?? I only answered on one of their styles, and I know this was definitely wrong but I was totally confused as to how else I could have answered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

For paper one, I answered the comprehension on pop music and video games, but got really confused for the last question. It asked who do you think got their point across more effectively, but comment on features of both of their styles?? I only answered on one of their styles, and I know this was definitely wrong but I was totally confused as to how else I could have answered it?

I got so confused with this too, I just compared the similarities and differences between the styles and said I preferred the video games guy, (I forgot his name lol). I messed it up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

Shane15 wrote: »
    I got so confused with this too, I just compared the similarities and differences between the styles and said I preferred the video games guy, (I forgot his name lol). I messed it up though.

I just didn't understand the point of mentioning the other author's style! The question was worded so stupidly! :P No it sounds like you did it right, I compleeetely messed it up. The rest of the paper was fine, but it was just that one question that I'm uncertain about.

I'm learning Heaney and 4 other poets, if he doesn't come up at least I'll still have a poet that comes up, if he does, well, I think we know who the fool is then...

fair enough :)

what chapters come up in Maths 1 as opposed to 2, anyone ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1 samoconnor

Macbeth to come up in paper 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

samoconnor wrote: »
    Macbeth to come up in paper 2.

you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Anyone know what came up in both higher level history mock papers this year?!!!

And what's everyone learning?

I really need the exact titles so I can see what the mock paper companies think might come up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Mayo4sam14

How likely is larkin to come up tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jjj1111

Got sick all over paper 1 anyone know what happens ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishRebels

If I know Heaney yeats and Dickinson very well do ye think Ill be grand?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JoeyBohs

If I know Heaney yeats and Dickinson very well do ye think Ill be grand?

That's exactly what I'm doing, I bleeding hope we will be grand haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishRebels

Uh so sick of this, after English it should release the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Laylaxx

Anyone got any predictions on Pride and Prejudice for the single text?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

I personally disliked the composition section. Neither question appealed to me much. In the end, I chose the speech on young people engaging with important current news. Have to say though, I feel like it was one page short. Guess I'll just have to do well on paper 2.

Don't get me started on Home-Economics. Q. 1 (a) really threw me off. It's a relief to know that it's only worth 12 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 geneskinner

Larkin and Dickinson tomorrow guaranteed. No Heaney. Macbeth question will be on relationships I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Larkin and Dickinson tomorrow guaranteed. No Heaney. Macbeth question will be on relationships I would say.

I love how everyone seems to have forgotten about Yeats.... Not me though - praying for Yeats!

• Advertisement

I wholeheartedly agree, Heaney is a defo no

Advertisement