Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Ugh I agree that home ec question one was really odd, and the social elective was sooo random :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I know LArkin ,yeats ,Heaney and Dickinson. Im gonna flick over kinsella just in case of emergency, like worst case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭fishnetsxD

I love how everyone seems to have forgotten about Yeats.... Not me though - praying for Yeats!

Same, he better come up 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 33 giraffegoat

Dickinson is more or less guaranteed at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peanut.lover22

Anyone know themes might be coming up for Macbeth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 69cokaz

Anyone know themes might be coming up for Macbeth?

Kingship is a big contender!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

69cokaz wrote: »
    Kingship is a big contender!

Appropiate relationships to write about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I've learned Larkin,Mahon,Heaney and Bishop. Larkin or Mahon please come up! I know Larkin best so praying he comes up and it's a nice question

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sarahkiely125

MikeSD wrote: »

Duncan, macbeth, malcolm and edward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

MikeSD wrote: »

Macbeth+LadyMacbeth, Macbeth+Banquo,
    Macduff+Macbeth, Macbeth+Duncan. They're the biggest relationships I can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mmahony18 wrote: »
    I called it from the start, knew Heaney would be on paper 1! What does this mean for tomorrow though? :P
    Who knows?

Apart from the paper setters.

It's still a complete guessing game.
    there's no way in hell heaney will come up tomorrow since he was on paper one
    Maybe he won't, maybe he will.
    There's no way in hell that you can predict that. The SEC could easily fool us twice and put him on tomorrow. All poets have a 1/8 chance of coming up.
    Exactly, there's no making a fool of you involved, you know that four out of the eight poets will be up and that's exactly what will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Mahon for two in a row :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

If Dickinson or Yeats don't show I will promptly rip the paper to shreds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mmahony18 wrote: »
    If Dickinson or Yeats don't show I will promptly rip the paper to shreds
    That will probably render answering the rest of the questions on MacBeth etc. just a tad difficult! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

That will probably render answering the rest of the questions on MacBeth etc. just a tad difficult! ;)

I'll make sure to answer the prescribed poetry last then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JC2011girl

So I know Dickinson really well, Heaney quite well and Larkin a bit.

Say Dickinson and Larkin came up but the Dickinson question was extremely difficult and I wasn't 100% sure what they were asking...would it be better to go ahead with the Dickinson question since I know a lot more material or try and write a couple of pages of waffle on Larkin?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 peanut.lover22

I'd say stick to what you know best, you can easily manipulate your knowledge of Dickinson to suit whatever question comes up on her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

JC2011girl wrote: »
    So I know Dickinson really well, Heaney quite well and Larkin a bit.

Say Dickinson and Larkin came up but the Dickinson question was extremely difficult and I wasn't 100% sure what they were asking...would it be better to go ahead with the Dickinson question since I know a lot more material or try and write a couple of pages of waffle on Larkin?

It really depends what you know on Larkin. I would say today, go for 4-5 of your best poems by him. Learn some key details, only the basic ideas. The key with the poetry q, is to be concise and meticulous. Don't scribble down everything you know on Dickinson, only use material which is relevant to the q. If you are able to cut down on Dickinson's material in the exam, go for it, but only if the q suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 teenieox

whaaaaaay 3 out of 4 poets that I learned came up ! ^.^

sneaky Heaney again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Philip Larkin is the man for the job :D so happy to see his name, didn't know Plath although had a feeling she might appear but I studied Larkin,Mahon,Heaney and Bishop. Larkin was the one I was praying for :) our class never did Dickinson or Yeats! Macbeth question was decent enough and thrilled cultural context came up! Also lol at Heaney sneaking into paper 2 again on the unseen :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Philip Larkin is the man for the job :D so happy to see his name, didn't know Plath although had a feeling she might appear but I studied Larkin,Mahon,Heaney and Bishop. Larkin was the one I was praying for :) our class never did Dickinson or Yeats! Macbeth question was decent enough and thrilled cultural context came up! Also lol at Heaney sneaking into paper 2 again on the unseen :D:D:D

Failure on the part of the teacher Dickinson and Yeats are two of the best poets in the history of the English language!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 giraffegoat

wahheeeey! no heaney ****in told ye ****in eejits

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

That was a wonderful paper! It was unfortunate I didn't do as well I could have in the comparative section. Had no more time. Really need to check my time management in my following subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 katemulx

Lads is there anyone doing geography tomorrow that can give me an idea what to learn for the elective part ..i literally just want the bare minimum i need to know i never understood it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 19 millypop

yoajing wrote: »
    That was a wonderful paper! It was unfortunate I didn't do as well I could have in the comparative section. Had no more time. Really need to check my time management in my following subjects.

Same......think i reli messed up the comparative....then jus drew a conclusion at the end as had no time!!!....was annoyed over that!!!!.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chloec96

Can anyone please tell me the topics that can come up in OL maths paper 1 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rachel_96

Any ideas on Irish HL essays and pros & poetry? Dreading Irish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cailin123

Check out @2014leavingcert on twitter, she has great predictions on most subjects! Alot on geo at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cailin123

Rachel_96 wrote: »
    Any ideas on Irish HL essays and pros & poetry? Dreading Irish!!!

Apparently Spailpin fanach and an lasair choille / caca milis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Rachel_96

Cailin123 wrote: »
    Apparently Spailpin fanach and an lasair choille / caca milis

What is an lasair choille? :o

Advertisement