Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

thelad95 wrote: »
    Could do. If you can nail it, it's the easiest part of the paper.

Any predictions for the dreaded ABQ? Characteristics of entrepreneur is tipped by a lot of people. My teacher is convinced a letter/report/memo will come up as well.

Unit 6 is the devil's work. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. I find Unit 7 is very straightforward as I do Economics and there's a bit of crossover.

Well characteristics of the entrepreneur has come up as the A part in 04 and 09, the most recent ones we have to go by. I guess that's quite likely. I can't really see unit 1 featuring much in the ABQ, not sure why, just an inclination. Evaluation of management skills seems quite likely or a report perhaps. I'd think a report will come up as a 30 mark piece of the ABQ 22+8 (content, format).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Could do. If you can nail it, it's the easiest part of the paper.

Any predictions for the dreaded ABQ? Characteristics of entrepreneur is tipped by a lot of people. My teacher is convinced a letter/report/memo will come up as well.

Unit 6 is the devil's work. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. I find Unit 7 is very straightforward as I do Economics and there's a bit of crossover.

Im thinking characteristics and letter/report for the abq too :P Possibly something to do with the legislation too :confused: And maybe contrasting managers and entrepreneurs? :P

I HATE units 6 and 7, so boring and ugh :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

robman60 wrote: »
    Well characteristics of the entrepreneur has come up as the A part in 04 and 09, the most recent ones we have to go by. I guess that's quite likely. I can't really see unit 1 featuring much in the ABQ, not sure why, just an inclination. Evaluation of management skills seems quite likely or a report perhaps. I'd think a report will come up as a 30 mark piece of the ABQ 22+8 (content, format).

Not sure about this. We could see something to do with a contract or co-operative/competitive relationships. Alternatively, something to do with the consumer/industrial relations laws could easily come up. I hate Unit 3 so I hope there's only one part from that. In recent years, one question has come from each unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭3raser10

I think question 5 in accounting this year is going to be interpretation of accounts! :PP

3raser10 wrote: »
    I think question 5 in accounting this year is going to be interpretation of accounts! :PP
    Your prediction is impeccable I'd imagine, yet most won't do the question. I'm still confident about doing the Q despite what's said about it and I think I'd get an A1 on it. People on here have scared me out of doing it though! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

I am obviously going to know both :P But GVV is my personal fave. Just find it easier to write about, especially since my 3 texts all have the same message basically.

For Chemistry, I've heard rumors going around that it's most likely going to be the iron tablet titration.

Yeah either that, vinegar or water crystals. Bleach could also make an appearance though. But then again, that's nearly all of them :L

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Yeah either that, vinegar or water crystals. Bleach could also make an appearance though. But then again, that's nearly all of them :L

Apparently Examcraft have predicted the titration for the last 5 years or something, so that's just going from their Mock :) Era sure, all the titrations are pretty much the same at the end of the day - they're either self-indicating, phenophtalein, starch or methyl orange *sigh* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

im going to bookmark this thread and come back after the exams to see who was right about what :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

a0ifee wrote: »
    im going to bookmark this thread and come back after the exams to see who was right about what :pac:

That's such effort though! :P as far as I'm concerned, the LC will be completely forgotten about until August B)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    History ideas anyone?

Can only say based on what topics I'm doing:
    Nation States and International Tensions - Wilhelm II's Naval Policy, Church-state relations in Germany/Italy, and maybe something to do with WWI (you know, for the year that's in it)
    Movements for Social and Political Reform - Land Reform question, Unionism, and possibly Home Rule post-1890 (I'll be keeping an eye on this one as it's never been asked as an essay before)
    Dictatorship and Democracy - SOMETHING on Hitler, purely because he was so blatantly absent last year... also something on British economy, possibly?

As for the Document question? My money - if I had any - would be on the Treaty... Blitz is too straightforward, borderline ordinary level, while there isn't enough fodder in the congress to warrant a decent question. Then again, there's an equal chance any one of them will show up :rolleyes:

Reading the speculation here about accounting is giving me palpatations. I've given up totally on the ratios question purely because I can never get more than 70% in it, so I'm praying that 2 of suspense, cash flow and service/club accounts show up. If tabular/published come up I'm screwed - our teacher's never covered them with us in class and I didn't bother looking at them over the holidays...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

I think for accounting
    1) Sole trader
    60marks- revaluation, control and cash flow
    100 marks- Suspense and club/ service
    9) a mix of production and cash, and maybe some flexible

buuut, just to be safe i'm going to study
    cash flows to 100 marks
    Incomplete records
    Tabular statements

completely leaving out farm, published and interpretation

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

Anyone have any predictions for French HL opinion pieces? Think pollution could be contender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

mmahony18 wrote: »
    Anyone have any predictions for French HL opinion pieces? Think pollution could be contender.

I go to a grinds school class on Saturdays and theyre predicting Racism/Equality/nelson mandela, terrorism and natural disasters since the opinion qs were very topical last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cailin123

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I know we shouldn't rely on predictions, but teachers will give them before the exams. Maybe we should put them in the one place.
    I think An Spailpín Fánach and Dís will be on the HL Irish paper

We heard from 'a pretty good source' that it's An tEarrach Thiar and Oisin i dtir na nog, really hope it's spailpin fanach and dis tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Cailin123 wrote: »
    We heard from 'a pretty good source' that it's An tEarrach Thiar and Oisin i dtir na nog, really hope it's spailpin fanach and dis tho!

How?! They both came up last year right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Shauna1995

I'm learning Dickinson, Heaney ( maybe- i feel its an obvious choice he could come up as an unseen instead since he has passed away) Yeats and I will just know bits about Plath Kinsella cause I dont think they are going to come up, but who knows

Macbeth: I think Kingship but I'm learning everything just to cover my ass no point in taking a risk on something worth so much marks

Comparative: G.V.V I'd say

Biology: Learn Everything :( but I'd learn IAA experiment, Fungus

Home Ec: Protein perhaps..maybe on Question A on the long it could be about childhood obesity since there is such a hullabaloo over it so I'd know all about the diet health problems ect

Ag Science: No idea

Maths: No idea O/L

Art History: Could be anything really but we've learned Stone age iron age bronze age, Romanesque/Gothic period, Product and Graphic Design

Irish: No idea O/L

• Registered Users Posts: 40 69cokaz

English: Heaney and Dickinson are bankers id say, Lady Macbeth, Theme for comparative.

Irish OL: not sure gnathrud and colscaradh maybe

German: my teacher says the conjunctions might come up in the grammer anyway.

Anyone any ideas for geography or physics?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭seamonkey92

Heaney! He died this year sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Anyone have any predictions for physics? We have been told that heat and sonometer are tipped to come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Cailin123 wrote: »

Know it doesn't technically make a difference, but wasn't Oisín i dTír na nÓg on last year's HL paper?

Personally, my money's on Spailpín Fánach and Dís - neither have been tested on the new course yet, and both appeared on the DEB mock.

Also know that the author of Dís died last year - there's a Heaney-like possibility that she may be remembered by having her story put on the paper; wouldn't like to bank on that factor, though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭richardh330

Lara_15 wrote: »
    I think for accounting
    9) a mix of production and cash, and maybe some flexible

But cash budgeting came up the last 2 years. They'd hardly put it up again!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shan_shan

Well, I'd say comparative is definitely coming up in english paper 2, like no doubt.

Maths will have a lot of calculations I'd say.

My guess for biology is that there will be a mix of human and plant biology this year.

I have a good feeling chemistry Q1 will be volumetric analysis, not sure though!

I think in business they'll give us some sort of story that we have to answer questions on? a bit odd really...

That's all I can come up with so far, pm me if you have any questions! :)

well that was helpful -_-

But cash budgeting came up the last 2 years. They'd hardly put it up again!?!

Not sure about that as I always do questions 8s. I wouldn't rule it out though as the teacher I had last year said that at the conference in 2011 they said more cash based questions will be featuring on the papers due to these sort of things being more important in the real world nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Hypochlorite titration for Q1 Chemistry
    Binomial expansion, Area Integration, Sin Cos Tan graphs for Maths
    Cultural Context for Comparative
    An Gnathrud and Geibheann for Gaeilge

Any predictions Ceapadóireacht?

plmko wrote: »
    Hypochlorite titration for Q1 Chemistry
    Binomial expansion, Area Integration, Sin Cos Tan graphs for Maths
    Cultural Context for Comparative
    An Gnathrud and Geibheann for Gaeilge

Pretty sure binomial expansion isn't on the maths course?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Pretty sure binomial expansion isn't on the maths course?

It's been added back again apparently!

Nobody seems to know. Our teacher has contacted the SEC on a number of occasions and has gotten rubbish, vague responses like 'students should be aware of it' and 'recognise It's role' which could mean anything really. The words 'binomial expansion' don't appear anywhere on the syllabus document so my teacher thinks it won't come up. In saying that we are going to cover it in class anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Is that the thing used for expanding powers that is used in De Moivres proofs for trigonometric expressions or am I thinking of something else..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

I think "Na Meáin Chumarsáide" or "An Ghaeilge" both very topical and haven't been asked in 2013 or 2012

Fadhbanna an tAos Óg however would be iontach ar fad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

aleatorio wrote: »
    Is that the thing used for expanding powers that is used in De Moivres proofs for trigonometric expressions or am I thinking of something else..?

Yeh it's used there aswell.

Advertisement