Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cailin123

Rachel_96 wrote: »
    What is an lasair choille? :o

Pros, you probably did caca milis instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Cailin123 wrote: »
    Check out @2014leavingcert on twitter, she has great predictions on most subjects! Alot on geo at the minute

Just looked at her page and she is currently giving out ****e and ****ting bricks that most of her Geog predictions were wrong..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Some posts moved to the Maths discussion thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mjackson37

Would I be ok if I learned the welfare state, coleraine and sunningdale for northern ireland in history and does anybody have any tips for america :/ stressed about history

What aistes are people learning? Gaeilge, sport?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

What aistes are people learning? Gaeilge, sport?

well im learning sport, culu eacnamaiocht and na meain cumarsaide although im so nervous something weird will show up

neonmaria wrote: »
    well im learning sport, culu eacnamaiocht and na meain cumarsaide although im so nervous something weird will show up

Their big ones! Yea hopefully there won't be anything to crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

mjackson37 wrote: »
    Would I be ok if I learned the welfare state, coleraine and sunningdale for northern ireland in history and does anybody have any tips for america :/ stressed about history

I'm focusing mostly on the moon landing, bus boycott and the space race/ moon landing! Maybe the other three wars, but only briefly. Try to do things that fit into a lot of essays too like anti war movement and mcarthyism.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Aistes: cúlú, Gaeilge, daoine óga, an córas sláinte, drugaí agus alcóil

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

I swear if something stupid comes up as an essay title like mo rogha ar dhuine mar uachtarán.... They've yet to ask anything to do with the Irish language and mean cumarsáide I believe for HL anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 typicalstudent

Right folks, I haven't done a single thing in 2 years of Irish. Got a C in HL for the JC and done a tight enough Oral... I need to know exactly what to study for this OL exam and what's on both papers.. so fire away like ****, if you're right you're a legend, if not, **** it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nollaig09

Any french hl predictions guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rachel_96

Their big ones! Yea hopefully there won't be anything to crazy!

I was going to do something about young people and maybe internet. Do ye think something about Irish will come up? I have an essay something about is the language declining or not. Is yers like that?
    And any idea if it's a speech, debate or normal essay?
    nollaig09 wrote: »
    Any french hl predictions guys?

I've heard pollution and environment, also alcohol from previous threads. Someone also said something about Nelson Mandela?? No idea about that though.

Hoping it's a fair paper, I'm nervous for French

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Say2461

Art history?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

Anybody know what will cover me in the American section for history?

Rachel_96 wrote: »
    I was going to do something about young people and maybe internet. Do ye think something about Irish will come up? I have an essay something about is the language declining or not. Is yers like that?
    And any idea if it's a speech, debate or normal essay?

Well Irish or the media haven't been asked yet on the new course. I'm just a student like yourself I don't know whats going to come up in what platform. But incase they come up in a speech/debate just learn the layout and phrases of the two so you can tie the aiste you have learnt into a speech/debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 millypop

Do you think if I do media and crime for irish aiste il b safe enough??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laylaax

Do ye think mean cumersaide, young people don't have an easy life, death on the roads and recession(don't really know that yet) will be enough for Irish paper 1 ?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jackson07

WoolyAbyss wrote: »
    Anybody know what will cover me in the American section for history?

Civil rights(MLK and Montgomery) and moon landings and foreign policy

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

laylaax wrote: »
    Do ye think mean cumersaide, young people don't have an easy life, death on the roads and recession(don't really know that yet) will be enough for Irish paper 1 ?:p

i think you're fairly covered maybe something on the irish language or sport aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 LizMcA

Is it silly just to have an essay on the Irish language for paper one? Also what pros and poetry do people think are coming up in HL?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 laylaax

LizMcA wrote: »
    Is it silly just to have an essay on the Irish language for paper one? Also what pros and poetry do people think are coming up in HL?

I think mean chumersaide, and for pros I think caca milis and dis, I also think spailpin will definetly be on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LizMcA

I think mean chumersaide, and for pros I think caca milis and dis, I also think spailpin will definetly be on it

But with Sean O'Cuirreain resigning, and 2013 the year of Irish, the gathering and whatnot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lucyloo2014

Even if you right an essay that doesn't match the title you can still get plenty of marks! The essay is mark on 80/100 for your irish and 20/100 for your content!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

Jackson07 wrote: »
    Civil rights(MLK and Montgomery) and moon landings and foreign policy

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Georgiaryan95

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    A thig ná tit orm predictions?

Maidhc died this year so my money's on treithe Maidhc dainin

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mjackson37

For american history would i be fine if i knew LJ , berlin/korea/cuba and the economy ??

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AKMCD2014

What would be the best things to study for OL Irish; both paper 1 and paper 2?

I just need to pass the subject because I'm not taking it as one of my honours ( also because I am horrendous at the language :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

AKMCD2014 wrote: »
    What would be the best things to study for OL Irish; both paper 1 and paper 2?

I just need to pass the subject because I'm not taking it as one of my honours ( also because I am horrendous at the language :p )

I don't need irish for my courses so I'm thinking I might as well fail it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 AKMCD2014

Badwulf wrote: »
    I don't need irish for my courses so I'm thinking I might as well fail it :pac:

Do it! Would you even have to sit the exam? Irish is just a waste of time for me, taking up very valuable time for my other subjects!

Advertisement