Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Yeh it's used there aswell.

Oh grand that isn't too bad so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

RedSeven7 wrote: »

Fadhbanna an tAos Óg however would be iontach ar fad!

I would perform Riverdance on my desk if I saw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

Chemistry: Volumetric analysis will come up as question1, organic chemistry will make an appearance and also know atomic theory really well. Don't forget chemical equilibrium and rates of reactions! I'm almost certain that one of the above could come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

mirrors wrote: »
    Chemistry: Volumetric analysis will come up as question1, organic chemistry will make an appearance and also know atomic theory really well. Don't forget chemical equilibrium and rates of reactions! I'm almost certain that one of the above could come up!

You're gas

• Registered Users Posts: 10 car2626

Macbeth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    You're gas

I heard from a grinds teacher that a gas might appear on the paper, not sure which one so know all the gases on the courses very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

Anyone hear anything about theme or issue making an appearance in English? It's the only one I actually like out of the three, cultural context and theme or issue both last came up in 2013 but general vision and viewpoint was 2012.... It seems 50/50!

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

I'm thinking Meat and B Vitamins for Home Ec, probably education and leisure on the elective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Our teacher said vitamins and minerals for home ec but wouldn't say any more :/ I just need a C3 in it and I'm kind of struggling at the moment but getting better. I just find the vitamins impossible to learn!! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

Cailin123 wrote: »
    We heard from 'a pretty good source' that it's An tEarrach Thiar and Oisin i dtir na nog, really hope it's spailpin fanach and dis tho!

Was that not essentially the 2012 paper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

car2626 wrote: »
    Macbeth?

I've heard that Lady Macbeth could be a runner, but god only knows.

Is it pretty much guaranteed that one of the Macbeth qs will be a character question or...? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

aleatorio wrote: »
    Is it pretty much guaranteed that one of the Macbeth qs will be a character question or...? :o

Yes

thelad95 wrote: »
    Yes

Music to my ears <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

Music to my ears <3

Sounds good but if it's on banquo/Macduff/Malcolm and other minor characters then it would be quite horrible....for me anyway....:rolleyes:

Music to my ears <3

Don't take my word for it though.... :cool: Every year Macbeth has been on the course going back to the 1960's there has been a character Question so I'm assuming it won't change this year. But as they say around my parts
    ''Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups'' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Serendipity96

As you all know by now, predictions are only guidelines, and are in no way positive!!

But.. For poetry I'm going to study Emily Dickinson & Seamus Heaney & Thomas Kinsella, really well, i will then glance over the rest of which i have studied..

Im doing C.C & Theme or issue.. Im hoping C.C comes up!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Does anyone know if you can make bets in paddypower on what's coming up?

Long questions:
    Genetics (possibly Genetic engineering included)
    DNA
    Photosynthesis
    Plants and Plant reproduction
    Excretion
    Human Reproduction

****Human anatomy type questions such as lungs, heart, blood, immune system, and the senses (these type questions were very much absent last year)

Short questions are harder to predict but:
    Food (every year)
    Scientific Method
    Cells

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

Anyone got any Geo HL prediction and possible Irish essay titles??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 adrian607

Lara_15 wrote: »
    I think for accounting
    1) Sole trader
    60marks- revaluation, control and cash flow
    100 marks- Suspense and club/ service
    9) a mix of production and cash, and maybe some flexible

buuut, just to be safe i'm going to study
    cash flows to 100 marks
    Incomplete records
    Tabular statements

completely leaving out farm, published and interpretation
    Don't rule out tab either hasn't been in a while its been put with suspense.... also the other type incomplete records different to last years
    Marginal just has to come up for q9 like it has to

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adrian607

For English HL in Macbeth Banquo could be a very strong contender also!!!!

Accouting 1)Sole Trader 6&7) Suspense and Club/Service/Tab/CashFlow 9) Marginal with Flexible budget

Business) Know your acts extremely well!!!!! Id say they'll throw one into the ABQ

Irish O/L) Colscaradh def and maybe an tearrach thiar.... then An gnathrud and oisin i tir na nog

Maths H/L ) HEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shahs

I don't know why people think accounting Q9 is gonna be cash and production mixed I'd say it's most likely production!!
    Then for q6&7 I'd say it's between club service tabs and cash flow , but everyone's predicting cash flow for q 2-4 so ... Possible a flexible thrown in but it's 'too easy' for HL so ....

Chemistry q3 anyone ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Shahs wrote: »
    I don't know why people think accounting Q9 is gonna be cash and production mixed I'd say it's most likely production!!
    Then for q6&7 I'd say it's between club service tabs and cash flow , but everyone's predicting cash flow for q 2-4 so ... Possible a flexible thrown in but it's 'too easy' for HL so ....

Chemistry q3 anyone ??
    Well i would guess oxygen production, however i think this year they are going to ask on a few experiments excluding organic and titrations

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Huell wrote: »
    Well i would guess oxygen production, however i think this year they are going to ask on a few experiments excluding organic and titrations

Yeah very possible. They could throw ethanal and ethanoic acid production together as 1 question or the test for anions, flame test or reactivity of the halogens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cmsr

Does Anyone Know If There Was Anything That Came Up That Was Common To All Mock Papers.?

Cmsr wrote: »
    Does Anyone Know If There Was Anything That Came Up That Was Common To All Mock Papers.?

You're going to have to be more specific like what subjects?
    I know in English HL
    Lady Macbeth was on both DEB and examcraft. As were poets Dickinson, Heaney and Yeats. GVV came up on both too

But the pre-paper companies aren't necessarily going to be right

Check the mocks 2014 thread

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Is it true that a few years ago English Paper 2 had to be changed because they accidentally handed it out in one school instead of Paper 1, and there was a Banquo character question on it? Does anyone know what that question was?

(Just want to practice it, some people in my year who do grinds have been told it could come up.)

rorrissey wrote: »
    Is it true that a few years ago English Paper 2 had to be changed because they accidentally handed it out in one school instead of Paper 1, and there was a Banquo character question on it? Does anyone know what that question was?

(Just want to practice it, some people in my year who do grinds have been told it could come up.)

Yep it was Banquo and Deception. I can't find the exact contents of the paper though.

On a more serious note, I did the Leaving Cert last year and nearly everyday I heard of some 'leak' or the other of papers. There was even a history paper flying around on the internet which turned out to be rubbish. This happens every year so if you hear any 'leaks' compleely ignore them. As you can see from this thread, even though it was a real leak, most people originally thought it was rubbish.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055582041

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jamezzyboyoo

Heaney will have to come up! He was last on in 2004 I think and he's not on again for another few years, He will definately be on it but it will be one B@*@* of a question if he does! I'd say it'll be something about the legacy of his poems or something to do with him as one of the greatest Irish poets.

Advertisement