Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Cashflow and suspense are both pretty likely, if I was you I would do one of them, maybe not have it perfect but be able to attempt it reasonably just in case, then you're totally covered. Incomplete records is a possibility to!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 galpal123

Yeah thanks I think I'll look at suspense but not spend too much time on it, even just to put my mind at rest. What do you think the two questions will be if you'd to choose? Aside from ratio, obviously!

I think (and I hope) suspense and service/club, thats how it was on both mocks. Cash flow will definitely come up either as a 60 or a 100 mark question... hopefully 60 because they're rotten.
    But Tabular is a possibility as is Incomplete records (balance sheet method). But those two are less likely

Im planning on Q1 (sole trader, possibly company) Q6 and 7 (hate ratios) and budgeting, not leaving anything to chance there, gonna study cash, production and flexible and those weird mixy questions

I did the DEB mock so I had club. Service was on the Examcraft was it?
    I'm hoping for the same combination but I'll be doing ratios! Tabular wouldn't be too bad either, it's pretty quick and no theory.

I think production is very long, I'd be hoping for a nice marginal with a bit of absorption or something. A full flexible q9 hasn't been asked since '06, it could be very fair especially if they put on a long service and suspense..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I would be very surprised if suspense didn't come up as a 100 marker this year. Hasn't appeared in section two since 2010.

• Advertisement

yep, I had deb too but we did the examcraft in class. Thought the deb was a lovely paper, if the one in june is as nice ill be delighted :)
    Yeah everyone seems to be backing suspense, I've done loads of them cos I refuse to do ratios because theyre torturous and hard to get an A1 in but I rarely get 100% in them... I always make some sort of mistake :( They were my worst question in the mock but I still didnt do too bad. Just did a sole trader in 40 minutes and it balanced WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ClaireC94

I've heard that Lady Macbeth could be a runner, but god only knows.

I heard that if Lady Macbeth doesn't come up it will be Macduff, but he seems to small a character for a whole essay, so maybe a Banquo/MacDuff/Malcolm Good vs Evil type question if not Women in Macbeth? Both seem fairly handy anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭curlyclodagh

Just wondering, how likely do all of you think is it that they'll put the same poem/prose on HL Irish Paper 2 two years in a row? As in is it in any way likely at all that Oisín or Mo Ghrá-sa will come up again this year? Personally I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't rule out Hurlamaboc or An tEarrach Thiar coming up again. Two years is enough of a gap for them to put it on the paper again, in my opinion.

It wouldn't even make sense for them to put it up two years in a row, it wouldn't be examining the course properly and it would trick so many people. They don't want to see people doing badly in Irish! I'm not gonna rule out Hurlamaboc & An tEarrach Thiar but I am pretty much ruling out Oisin & Mo Ghra-sa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Just wondering, how likely do all of you think is it that they'll put the same poem/prose on HL Irish Paper 2 two years in a row? As in is it in any way likely at all that Oisín or Mo Ghrá-sa will come up again this year? Personally I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't rule out Hurlamaboc or An tEarrach Thiar coming up again. Two years is enough of a gap for them to put it on the paper again, in my opinion.

Can't see it happening at all. Irish gets enough (often undeserved) flack without bringing it upon themselves completely.

I kind of hope Gnáthrud doesn't come up because it's by far the most complicated story I think. I'd love Dís and Geibheann really. I'd strongly tip Spailpín Fánach though. Early in the year I predicted I'd get SP in the oral and then in the written exam, and I got it in the oral so... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

robman60 wrote: »
    Can't see it happening at all. Irish gets enough (often undeserved) flack without bringing it upon themselves completely.

I kind of hope Gnáthrud doesn't come up because it's by far the most complicated story I think. I'd love Dís and Geibheann really. I'd strongly tip Spailpín Fánach though. Early in the year I predicted I'd get SP in the oral and then in the written exam, and I got it in the oral so... :pac:

If Geibheann came up I'd cry with happiness probably :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

aleatorio wrote: »
    If Geibheann came up I'd cry with happiness probably :pac::pac:

Or colscaradh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

If I opened the paper and saw lasair choille/dís and geibheann/colscaradh(spailpin isn't too bad but I'd prefer to just be able to write about the poet as last question) I'd do a jig on the table!
    I know people are tipping dís to come up since it's like the Heaney scenario for English since the author died in June 2013... Still have to feel bad we're basing the exams off their deaths...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

robman60 wrote: »

I like gnáthrud but I hate Dís I suppose it's just the way your teacher teaches it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I learned all 3 but would you say theme or issue or cultural context is more likely .

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I learned all 3 but would you say theme or issue or cultural context is more likely .

Cultural context as its not up next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Literally 50-50 as they both came up last year. My gut feeling is theme/issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

I think nuala(wrote mo ghrá-sa)'s husband died this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cailin123

I think Caitlin Maude will come up somewhere, so either Geibheann or An Lasair Choille.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cailin123

oncex wrote: »
    I think nuala(wrote mo ghrá-sa)'s husband died this year.

That wouldn't really affect it I think, the author of Dís died in 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

If Fill aris or caoinead Art Ui laoire( i cant even fcking spell it right) come up I WILL CRY

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mmahony18

bb1234567 wrote: »
    If Fill aris or caoinead Art Ui laoire( i cant even fcking spell it right) come up I WILL CRY

Colmáin all the way, if I see caoineadh airt I will cry too...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Louisew97

For business my teacher reckons a report will come up in the abq.
    Also business ethics and possibly maslow(hasn't been mentioned since 2011)
    Agenda/meet/duties of chairperson and the impact or role of IT is quite a topical subject these years.

Also can anybody link me to any notes for abqs?(our teacher is atrocious) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

A thig ná tit orm predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 millypop

So for hl history....would it be okay to like jus learn the case studies???? Seems like they come up every year?!?!?!......also...everyone whose ruling out Oisin for Irish.....i don't know if i would....apparently it was really badly answered last year....so I wouldn't be surprised if they put it on again!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mjackson37

could anyone write a list of topics for america and nothern ireland for hl history i am completly stressing out !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

bb1234567 wrote: »

I think both these poems have a great chance of coming up . Especially fill aris

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

Anyone have Business predictions or Division and Realignment, Northern ireland And dictatorship and Democracy in History? HL

• Registered Users Posts: 19 millypop

mjackson37 wrote: »
    could anyone write a list of topics for america and nothern ireland for hl history i am completly stressing out !?

I was wondering bout US too.....i was lookin through past papers tho and it seems like case studies come up every year.....at least one anyway...some yrs two.....so i was thinking of learning the 3 case studies.....tying in some of Johnsons presidency's successes and failures and the major events of the cold war?????........as for NI.....people are saying Sunningdale cuz it hasn't come up for a while and it's the somethingth anniversary this yr????.....after that i'm doin coleraine, welfare state, brookeborough, o'neill and paisley!!!! If one of them don't appear.....i cry!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

millypop wrote: »
    I was wondering bout US too.....i was lookin through past papers tho and it seems like case studies come up every year.....at least one anyway...some yrs two.....so i was thinking of learning the 3 case studies.....tying in some of Johnsons presidency's successes and failures and the major events of the cold war?????........as for NI.....people are saying Sunningdale cuz it hasn't come up for a while and it's the somethingth anniversary this yr????.....after that i'm doin coleraine, welfare state, brookeborough, o'neill and paisley!!!! If one of them don't appear.....i cry!!!!!

Are you doing brookeborough, o'neill and paisley in the same essay? I think the Civil rights movement might come up and if sunningdale comes up it will most likely be with the Anglo Irish Agreement.

Advertisement