Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ping speed drop

Options
  • 20-04-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Doing the eircom speed test about 2weeks ago noticed my ping had gone down to 9 from its normal 21 or 22. Download speed stayed the same at 38.20 but upload speed had gone up from 10.10 to 13.20. Has anybody else noticed this? I am on the Douglas exchange in Cork City.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jo43hn wrote: »
    Doing the eircom speed test about 2weeks ago noticed my ping had gone down to 9 from its normal 21 or 22. Download speed stayed the same at 38.20 but upload speed had gone up from 10.10 to 13.20. Has anybody else noticed this? I am on the Douglas exchange in Cork City.
    Hi jo43hn

Pings can fluctuate however your results actually really good. Is there something the matter which I can help with?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jo43hn

Hi Al thanks for reply. No problem at all, I was pleased to see the ping go down & stay down. Also the up speed went up about 3 mb & stayed there. Suppose there is no time scale for when the on line billing will be back again. Seems to be taking a very long time to appear.   Regards  John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jo43hn wrote: »
    Hi Al thanks for reply. No problem at all, I was pleased to see the ping go down & stay down. Also the up speed went up about 3 mb & stayed there. Suppose there is no time scale for when the on line billing will be back again. Seems to be taking a very long time to appear.   Regards  John
    Hi jo43hn

Glad to hear it, unfortunately there is yet to be a timeframe on the online billing but once there is I will make an announcement here and on our own forum.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement