Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Algunas preguntas

• 20-04-2014 5:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering a few things. I saw this sentence ; Ella se quedó boquiabierta.
    To change this into first person, would it be : me quedó or me quedé. Or does it depend on if I'm flabbergasting myself or if something else is flabbergasting me?

Also, 'me moría de ganas de contarselo'. To say I'm dying to tell you , is it 'me moría de ganas de contártelo'?

Gracias!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

dory wrote: »
    Just wondering a few things. I saw this sentence ; Ella se quedó boquiabierta.
    To change this into first person, would it be : me quedó or me quedé. Or does it depend on if I'm flabbergasting myself or if something else is flabbergasting me?

Also, 'me moría de ganas de contarselo'. To say I'm dying to tell you , is it 'me moría de ganas de contártelo'?

Gracias!
    Since the emotion refers to yourself, it would be 'me quedé boquiabierta' (here quedarse has the idea of 'I became gobsmacked). To my ears, 'me queda boquiabierta' makes no sense, even if you were saying 'I was left gobsmacked'). If you wanted to say that something left you flabbergasted, I would say 'Lo que juan hizo ayer me ha dejado boquiabierta'.

Moría is the past imperfect. So you would need to say Muero (present tense of morir for 'yo') de ganas de contártelo. It's quite a dramatic turn of phrase. I would just simply say, tengo ganas de contártelo todo.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 edei

Im Spanish and I disagree. Yo me puedo quedar boquiabierta because of something. or something me deja boquiabierta!

so you can say: YO me quede boquiabierta.

contarselo means that you were telling to them or to "ustedes" which is the polite version of you (contarselo a usted), so both sentences are right, it only depends if you mean : to tell you, or to tell them/or polite of you!

hope this is of any help!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

edei wrote: »
    Im Spanish and I disagree. Yo me puedo quedar boquiabierta because of something. or something me deja boquiabierta!

so you can say: YO me quede boquiabierta.

contarselo means that you were telling to them or to "ustedes" which is the polite version of you (contarselo a usted), so both sentences are right, it only depends if you mean : to tell you, or to tell them/or polite of you!

hope this is of any help!

Sorry only saw this reply now. Thanks! What tense would 'yo me quede...' be? Is that not present? I need to say it in the past. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 edei

the present would be: yo me quedo... (boquiabierta), in past: yo me quedé... (boquiabierta). but the tense that makes more sense, and its the most used, is the past!

Advertisement