Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC English - macbeth

• 20-04-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

What is everyone learning for Macbeth? Does anyone have any predictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 69cokaz

Im just going to learn the all characters off as your guaranteed a character question every year. If you know them in any way at all you can avoid the imagery or theme questions with I think are ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I think it'll be Lady Macbeth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

pls be lady Macbeth. I'm going to learn general quotes anyways and maybe a few specific, but general character quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 car2626

Lady Macbeth, Macbeth, the witches and Banquo then?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

Macbeth was up last year and Lady Macbeth was on my mock if that's anything to go by..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Don't rely on just Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. I would also prepare Banquo, MacDuff and Kingship. For Banquo, the two aspects of him I would focus on are his significance in the play and the transformation of his character. For Macduff, you should know his significance in the play. Also 'the Witches' are another character you need to know. Again, their significance to the plot is the main area I would focus on.

I'm planning on doing Theme of Kingship, Theme of Evil, Lady Macbeth and Banquo!

cferry3 wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing Theme of Kingship, Theme of Evil, Lady Macbeth and Banquo!

You can't leave out Macbeth. That is a massive gamble to take. I know he came up last year but there are so many aspects to his character that they could ask. In contrast, Lady Macbeth is a pretty rigid topic. Was she really fundamentally evil? is the only topic they could really ask on her but obviously they will take more complex angles on it than that. I think the relationship between M and LM came up a few years ago.

That's true, maybe I better cover Macbeth too!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Blood/Nature motifs anyone? Our teacher is saying they're quite significant and could come up.. not sure if I agree.

• Advertisement

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Blood/Nature motifs anyone? Our teacher is saying they're quite significant and could come up.. not sure if I agree.

Could come up as a horrible second question but I find character Q's easier to answer on. It's a matter of personal taste though.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

thelad95 wrote: »
    Could come up as a horrible second question but I find character Q's easier to answer on. It's a matter of personal taste though.

I find it really tough to get 4 pages out of but if by some chance either do come up, I'd imagine fcuk all would answer it, something to consider

Advertisement