Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCD's Easter Metal Announcement

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Any confirmation on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Grid. wrote: »
    Any confirmation on this??

Nope, just speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    In all fairness if it is indeed Slayer, i'd still go see them live, who cares if it's Gary Holt & Paul Bostaph on guitar & drums respectively, both are brilliant musicians, who are in the band due to circumstances beyond their control...... Gary was already filling in for Jeff and is continuing on in Jeff's place, and Paul was brought in because Lombardo jumped ship.

**** happened with Slayer, Tom & Kerry decided to carry on with Gary & Paul.
    That's how i see it.

Dave's side of the story at a recent enough Belfast clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    ^^^^^^ You're 100% sure it's Slayer @ The Academy

(Not that i'm doubting you or anything)

Yes, 1st July @The Academy

Night before in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

so underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

****ing Slaaaaayer and Anthrax 2 nights back to back, get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

The over 18 thing kinda sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

bushball wrote: »

Not if your over 18 it doesn't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

bushball wrote: »

Then you'll hit 18 and the constant "my favourite band ever/will I be allowed in" threads will start to annoy you too.

It's the law. Rules won't be bent.

Pretty hefty price for Slayer. At least ManOwaR had mental European chicks coming over for it to make it more worthwhile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

F*ck! i'll be in Rome that night for Metallica/Alice in Chains :-( Any chance of a 2nd date like they did last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

How much are the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

39 euro i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Morf wrote: »
    Kerry, Tom (who can't sing or hear) and two stand-ins aren't Slayer.

I'd pay twice as much to see Vader player a Slayer set.

They were bloody brilliant last year.

There will be only one gig I'd say. They are in Belfast the night before and Anthrax are playing the Academy the night after. Working Friday morning at 9am so don't know how I'm going to get tickets:(

Definitely buying a Slayer ticket on Friday morning.

Can anyone remember how long it took the first day tickets last year to sell out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Links234 wrote: »
    I'd prefer to see Vader full stop! ;)

When I saw this, and then realized they wouldn't be at the UK & Ireland gigs, I had such disappointment:

10288730_10201678339898628_8179469144309415241_n.jpg

Feck it, never saw that Sodom and Vader were doing the tour too, now I'm pissed about that!

Think I'll give Slayer a miss this time, bit skint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Feck this, already have a gig the same night (and planning to go to Anthrax the following night)! Was at one of the gigs last year and thought they were great, although it was sad that there was no Lombardo and Hanneman, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭weisses

Links234 wrote: »
    I'd prefer to see Vader full stop! ;)

When I saw this, and then realized they wouldn't be at the UK & Ireland gigs, I had such disappointment:

You can always fly Dub -Eindhoven ( Tilburg is around the corner.. 30 km)

Maybe an option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

weisses wrote: »
    You can always fly Dub -Eindhoven ( Tilburg is around the corner.. 30 km)

Maybe an option

Nah, already going to be heading to London to see Girugamesh, only gonna go abroad for one gig this year, unless something truly special turns up. Had been thinking of going to Germany to see Jupiter back in Feb, but couldn't afford it at the time. I'd be rapidly broke if I went overseas to see every band I'd like to see, 'cos so many don't even come to the UK never mind Ireland.

• Advertisement

Good week for Slayer news,new song that was Premiered at the Golden Gods awards last night now free to listen to here:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

http://www.slayer.net/us/implode

Free download link for it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Come back from trip to Paris and this is the news I receive... I should go away more often :-) sweet!! They were something else last year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Thought it was a bit duff at the start, once it kicked in was decent.

Tickets got this morning:D

Got the Slayer ticket this morning :D, now to patiently wait for July 1st

Got mine this morning too. Looks like there's still tickets available.

lord lucan wrote: »

Very strange, I was logged into Ticketmaster straightaway this morning thinking they'd be sold out in half an hour or so. I wonder is it advertising perhaps? I mean the only way I'd have known this was on is because of here tbh, maybe a lot of people aren't aware it is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

My brother got one for me as a surprise, belated, birthday gift yesterday - just need one for the first Belfast date now and I'm sorted. Probably two nights of Slayer and a break in-between as opposed to all three would suit me :)
    lord lucan wrote: »

I think a lot of that also has to do with Sonisphere, there are more and more Irish fans travelling over to events in the UK every year, and with less money going around there just isn't that many people wanting to either A) buy tickets for a band they're going to be seeing at another event B) buying tickets for an event within a few days of another big event costing money and C) buying Slayer tickets when it means they can't afford something else they want more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Hmm I thought Slayer had sold out, but got tickets today, wohoo!

Advertisement