Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCD's Easter Metal Announcement

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Vaxxine wrote: »
    Hmm I thought Slayer had sold out, but got tickets today, wohoo!

For the Dublin show or Belfast?

Dublin was apparently sold out alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Checked ticketmaster and there are some for the Dublin show.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

According to The Academy website, Slayer is SOLD OUT ahead of Tuesday night.

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I think they must have held tickets back or something cause it was definitely announced as sold out on a few different places.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

I got 2 for the Dublin show earlier today on Ticketmaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

yep, just got one there. thanks for the tip. Just finished reading Joel McIver's biography of Slayer and am totally psyched now :)

Yeah, while I'm not quite as excited as last year, I'm still really looking forward to this. They were fcuking amazing last year so hope they can repeat it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I caught them on the Tuesday night last year and it was hands down the best gig Ive ever been to.

Hoping for more of the same this time round too.

\m/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

rock whore wrote: »
    yep, just got one there. thanks for the tip. Just finished reading Joel McIver's biography of Slayer and am totally psyched now :)

Read it a while back, just seemed like a collection of interviews with some additional info more than anything else.

Id like to get a book written by Tom, kerry and dave but that aint gonna happen.

Quite looking forward to this one. They were amazing last year, Gary is doing a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

On the way home now, enjoyed it but not as much as last year.

More of an older set list than last year and they didn't play the staples (Seasons, Dead Skin Mask, South of Heaven etc) til closing the gig, last 5 or 6 songs.

Sound seemed a bit muzzy to me too.

They did however clock in at around 90 very intense minutes.

All in all I'm glad I went and would happily pay to see em again, it's fcukin Slayer like!

:pac:

• Advertisement

Much fun.

On the way home now, enjoyed it but not as much as last year.

More of an older set list than last year and they didn't play the staples (Seasons, Dead Skin Mask, South of Heaven etc) til closing the gig, last 5 or 6 songs.

Sound seemed a bit muzzy to me too.

They did however clock in at around 90 very intense minutes.

All in all I'm glad I went and would happily pay to see em again, it's fcukin Slayer like!

:pac:

Would have to agree with this. Not quite as good as last year IMO even though they played what it seemed like a lot more songs.

Thought the same re the sound at the start but thought it improved. Could hardly hear Tom for first few songs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Degag wrote: »
    Thought the same re the sound at the start but thought it improved. Could hardly hear Tom for first few songs

Ditto! I thought it was very early on in the evening for my hearing to be going! :pac:

I was speaking to the Sound Engineer about that oddly enough, he told me he had everything perfect at 6, he came back and it was all ****ed up, so had to do it all again.

Sound evened out over the evening, couldn't hear a note gary played though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Any videos from last night folks? Preferably War Ensemble; that was awesome.

Slayer was ****ing fantastic, would definitely go see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

reliving the entire show thru this lads' vids

Nailz wrote: »
    Any videos from last night folks? Preferably War Ensemble; that was awesome.

Videos are slowly popping up online, War Ensemble from Tuesday night for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The Academy this morning....

King%27s+Building.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I didn't get any video, got a few photos though.

7QS5ivcl.jpg

LSJ6oc5l.jpg

BVr77Nnl.jpg

9oxWNVIl.jpg

vQ8Up7kl.jpg

8a7RGe1l.jpg

yJdkVOCl.jpg

• Advertisement

One of the many photos i got on Tuesday night.

10423731_891098887573069_5736119908632978502_n.jpg

Some good photos there; they indicate what a good fit Gary is for Slayer that he doesn't stick out.

I have to admit i was a bit skeptical of Gary & Paul at first, but as my friend said while we were waiting on Tuesday night, they've paid their dues and deserve to be in Slayer albeit under circumstances some fans may not like.

But aside from that, Gary & Paul are solid additions to Slayer. Let's see what they can do when it comes to recording the new album.

Slayer were ****ing brilliant. In bits still. Far too old for moshing.. *reaches for his slippers*
    Anthrax the next night were also brilliant, on top form. Joey Belladonna is one of the best front men in metal. Was good to see the humble baseball cap make a return to a stage!

Spotted a tattooed dude in an Obituary 2004 reunion shirt, looked late 30's, had the time of his life in the pits.

One of the photos I got the other night... Will try upload the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I have to admit i was a bit skeptical of Gary & Paul at first, but as my friend said while we were waiting on Tuesday night, they've paid their dues and deserve to be in Slayer albeit under circumstances some fans may not like.

But aside from that, Gary & Paul are solid additions to Slayer. Let's see what they can do when it comes to recording the new album.

Agreed. This was the first time I had seen Gary in the band and he's brilliant. Obviously in terms of song writing Hanneman was untouchable and deserves his legendary status. But I would have to say that in terms of showmanship and getting the crowd going Gary is even better.

Paul is solid as a drummer not a patch on Dave but plenty talented enough for what Slayer need. The first time I saw Slayer back i 94 Paul was the drummer so he has definitely paid his dues.

Another shot from July 1st, actually happy how the photos came out, given how far back i was standing.

tumblr_inline_n8dtasxWfw1sq1xip.jpg

Advertisement