Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School in Donabate

Options
  • 20-04-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    I'm considering moving to Donabate and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea about the boys national school (St Pats). I have tried doing some research online but I have not been able find out much. The only review I found was quite negative but it was 6 years old so it may not be relevant now.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

http://www.donabateportrane.net is the local forum so you might find more info from people there.

Asking a question like that will have equal voices from the for and against camps (in other words from parents who have their kids enrolled there and those that don't). Personally I won't be sending my kid there as I don't agree with splitting sexes at that age, plus I've heard quite a few stories of bullying in the boys school that is being repeatedly ignored by teachers / the principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭robbok

From personal experience I would not recommend the Educate Together in Donabate, their "child centred" ethos means the children never get punished for anything, the school did nothing to stop bullying, they talk the talk in terms of policies etc but in reality allow bullying to go on many years without any intervention.
    I was not impressed by some of the teachers also.

Advertisement