Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endeavour

Options
  • 20-04-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Just watched the last episode of the current series. I have to say, ithink it is the best UK detective series I have seen since the original Morse. The storylines, theattention to period details are superb. What do others think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

He's a fantastic actor, has Morse's mannerisms to a t. Programme I most look forward to now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Good show with the odd annoyance. Having Strange constantly saying "matey" is very irritating. We get it. We know who he is and he didn't say matey every second word ffs. Roger Allam is the star of the show for me as Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 North by Northwest

Didn't catch this while it aired but am now up to date with box sets. It's absolutely amazingly wonderfully brilliant. I loved picking up on all the old 1960's details of course like the news, fashion, architecture and wonderful cars. But that aside I found it really heartwarming and in certain respects he's quite different to the older Morse. I suppose it's obvious in one way as he's just starting out in life and finding his way.

Just a few standout moments for me are his relationship with his nurse neighbour across the hall, and also his relationship with the Thursday family who care for him very much. Fred's wartime past also crops up from time to time, things that have happened which still cannot be laid to rest. I definitely hope they make more of this, I believe Series 3 is on the way but I wouldn't complain if they bridged the gap between the end of Endeavour Series 2 and Morse Series 1 - that'd be really something!!

Advertisement