Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot with large Toe box

Options
  • 20-04-2014 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

Hi could some recommend a 3 or 4 season boot with a large toe box area, I have a problem with baby toe rubbing off the side of most of the boots I have tired on .

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Personal experience is that Salomon's Quest 4D GTX was the broadest boot I've ever owned. It's very comfy, a little softer that I like, and completely waterproof. Mine are falling apart after three years of regular use and very little care.

There are brands out there that make wide versions of a few of their popular boots (Lowa & Alt-Berg are two), and some that make custom boots (Alt-Berg again, IIRC).

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Mark#1 wrote: »
    Personal experience is that Salomon's Quest 4D GTX was the broadest boot I've ever owned. It's very comfy, a little softer that I like, and completely waterproof. Mine are falling apart after three years of regular use and very little care.

There are brands out there that make wide versions of a few of their popular boots (Lowa & Alt-Berg are two), and some that make custom boots (Alt-Berg again, IIRC).

Mark

tired the salomon lovely boot no joy with toe though perfect on one foot. Alt- berg seem to be the next stage do you know if anyone stocks them here ?. Have tried the lowa wide too and no joy :confused:

Thanks Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I have a pair of grashers boot and wide feet and they seemed very comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

duckysauce wrote: »
    tired the salomon lovely boot no joy with toe though perfect on one foot. Alt- berg seem to be the next stage do you know if anyone stocks them here ?. Have tried the lowa wide too and no joy :confused:

Thanks Mark

edit it was the 3d version I tired, will give the 4d a try :)

Advertisement