Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your runner buying experience

Options
  • 21-04-2014 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Similar to trip advisor detailing the experience of buying runners in your local running store will hopefully increase the standards and training of staff. There are some trend setters who go above and beyond but some stores simply go through the motions.

What you expect are the following:

value - a store will never be able to compete with online prices but the higher price is worth paying if you get the expertise. However if the store lacks that then why not buy online?

range/stock - you expect that store carries a good level of stock. Little point paying a lot of money when you can only choose between two pairs of shoes which can be the case at times.

staff knowledge - this is two fold. They need to know about what shoe the customer needs and they also need to know that stock they have. One is useless without the other.

Customer experience:

Would you recommend:

So I will kick it off

Shop: The Edge - Cork
    Value: I find they can be quite competitive when compared to online and other stores for new range runners. However I find older stock is not reduced inline with how long it is out. This is however common in many bricks and mortar stores. Common offers are available such as vouchers at local races that can make runners cheaper than online at times.

range/stock - The range and stock is pretty good and they are willing to order in what you need if they don't have it in stock.

staff knowledge - poor. I have given up on asking any questions as I am always disappointed by the staff. I have been asked the classic will size X 1/2 do when I am size X. I have been pushed stock that they are trying hard to shift.

Customer experience: They are not looking to engage but simply want a customer who wants a certain color of runner.

Would you recommend: If you know what exactly what you are looking for then they are probably the only place in Cork that might have it in Stock. If you are going for a recommendation then steer clear as you may end up with a pair a size too big as thats all they have left :pac:

Advertisement