Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&P Magpul MOE

Options
  • 21-04-2014 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Morning guys,

Just got a second hand G&P Magpul MOE, I've heard alot of good things about these and am delighted with it so far. The one thing that bothers me is the battery going in the buffer tube and the hassle involved in removing the stock.
    Does anyone know if the G&P receivers will fit an Ultimate gearbox, I'm thinking about geting a complete gearbox which is wired to the front. The guy I bought it off said there is alot of aftermarket work done to the existing gearbox including some short stroking which I'm not really a fan of.
    If I replaced the gearbox I would kill two birds with the one stone.

Any help much appreciated,Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

You can re wire the gearbox to the front. Short stroking allows you to run a heavier spring which allows the gearbox to run better. It helps prevent lock ups and can give you a more responsive semi shot.
    The stocks and stock tubes remove very easily, you shouldn't have any hassles removing them.
    The G&p GB shell is a decent shell, I wouldn't be in a hurry to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dermotcla

Thanks Rooky1, I had it apart this morning but could n't get the buffer tube off as my long Philips head screwdriver has gone missing on me. There's a heavier spring already installed, think it's a m120 to compensate for the short stroke. I'm not necessarily in a hurry to change it out-was just wondering if it would be compatible if I got it. Do you know if I'll have to change the trigger switch if I rewrite to the front? Anything you know of to be wary of doing this?

You can keep the original switch. You just need to make up a new set if wires to solder to the front.
    The GB you mentioned should be a drop in fix, but it would be more cost effective changing the wiring.
    The stock tube batteries work very well. Is there a specific reason why you don't want to use them?

Two main reasons, firstly the CTR stock is a pain to remove to access the wires. Secondly I want to install a MOSFET with fire control which would be easier to get to if it was stored in the hand guard.

Fair enough. There is a mod you can do to the stock tube so the CTR just slides off with ease.
    MOSFET wise I can understand if you are using an external FET.
    Just to mention if using a FET in the hand guard then you will have four wires coming from the GB through to the hand guard which will need four connectors to go through the Delta ring, outer barrel cut out.
    I presume you are looking at a Fireworks Fet or a Gate Merf fet.

• Advertisement

Whats the mid to the stock that can be done? Do you know if there's any YouTube video of it?
    I'm not sure of which mosfet yet, there's a one from Swiss arms that I was thinking of as it does not need to be soldered to the trigger but if I'm changing the wording anyway I may as we'll put in the mosfet at the same time.

You basically remove a small bit of material at the back if the tube. Never looked for a video of it. I'll take a pic of one when I'm home.

I think the MOSFET you are referring to is one of the plug in burst controllers. Not really a MOSFET at all. They use a fet to control the burst fire function and they can monitor the power level of your battery, but they can't protect your trigger contacts unless they are hard wired in.

Advertisement