Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High chair booster seat

Options
  • 21-04-2014 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

So were looking at putting out big high chair away and getting little one (15month) a booster high chair seat so she can sit at the main table with us. Any reviews on where to get them and which one? I see there are some with trays but some without- what do people find better?.

Also will be looking at getting a cover for our glass table- something like the PVC cloths which will be easy to wipe down- again where is the best place to get these?.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we have the fisher price rainforest one,it is brilliant.
    It is really good quality,quite portable and so easy to wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My mam has that booster seat and tray and it's great. Very practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

We use the Mountain Buggy 'POD High chair', brill.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

We've used an expensive Fisher Price one in my Mam's house from the begining with both kids, it has a tray top etc, and is great but is pricey. We had a big high chair at home. But when 2nd was about 15mth i got sick of the big high chair - the kids kept tripping over it, so i went and bought a very basic and cheap Safety 1st booster seat. It was only 15 euro, there's no tray top but we don't need one, the point of it is that we're all eating at the table together so it's perfect for our needs now at this stage. I'm glad i bought it even though we didn't really need it as such! It's easy to wipe clean and it's handy to be able throw it in the car for visiting friends houses as well. It's one of my best toddler buys :)

http://www.toys.ie/-!117938-prd.aspx

We've an oilcloth table cloth so its very easy to wipe clean and it was cut from a roll to suit the size of the table. You can get them in any homewares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We got the booster seat from Smyths and it was only 15 euro. Buckles on to any chair, does the job.

I actually really liked when we transitioned him to it (I guess around 15mths), it was nice having him sit at the table.

I got red checked oil cloth table cloth - extremely easy to wipe down and protects the table from Mr Destructo as we call him. Got it in a Hickeys type place (where they make curtains to size, sell bedding etc). It was only 12 euro for a 6 seat dining table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We got an oilcloth in a farmers co-op. It was slightly cheaper there than the fabic shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Thanks everyone. We went with the booster from argos- has a tray as well so she can use it on the go or take tray off to use at big table with us. Started using it today and working good so far.

Now for a hunt for a round PVC / oilcloth table cloth....

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

I have the stokke tabletop for our table with a high chair so he can sit at the table when we're all eating together. It keeps mess that he makes in the tray and has suction cups to attach to the table:
    https://www.stokke.com/en-ie/highchairs/tripp-trapp/colours-and-accessoires/range/table-top.aspx

Advertisement