Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To good to be true?

Options
  • 21-04-2014 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi
    I was searching on myhome last night and found an apartment for rent in ballsbridge which looked spectacular. It's a one bed open plan. The price has thrown me though. 550/month??
    The ad seems to have been removed overnight but I did email before it was and he says he's renting it from England and will be doing all the business from there.
    Am I mad to say he should be charging a lot more. It all seems a bit odd including the background of the place which he gave me.
    Should I trust my instincts and assume its a scam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

That was a scam, yes. It was probably taken down after being reported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Complete utter scam. Same thing has appeared down in cork and emailed the guy to see the story as his pics of the apartment were completely different to pics on daft on for sale section.

He claims to be living in uk and long story short you have to pay a deposit and one months rent to some escrow account and he mails the keys to you. All this without viewing apartment haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Definitely trust your instincts - it is a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Applied for a place near Harcourt Street too off the same guy. Worst scam ever. Wanted a months rent up front before you get the keys.

Advertisement