Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Weeks Ban Backseat Modding

Options
  • 21-04-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Greetings and stuff,

i've never done this before so apologies if my formay is incorrect or my use of quotes etc are misplaced i'll try my best.

I guess we can keep this simple. MY POST AND RESPONSE TO ANOTHER POSTER :

Your post:
    Liam O wrote: »
    Ironically it's actually the opposite, you lads seem desperate to get some sort of reaction out of everyone, well, not you because you're normally decent but some of the lads who could be found in the Arsenal and United threads throughout the season.

So now you are the shining light of the Arsenal and United threads? Seriously, what ARE you doing here? Its like a glutton for punishment or something, the 1 year from 20 that Liverpool are on the cusp on achieving something in the PL, playing the best football, scoring the most goals and completely relaxed in their own environment ... you decide to come here for what exactly?

Go home, take your mediocre manager, team, overpaid players and go back to the meltdown that is the Man Utd superthread. Far more entertaining and full of make believe than you'll ever find here.

So i received a Yellow card for "Back Seat Modding" ... i appeal this yellow card.
    So here we have a case where a guy (Liamo) comes into the Liverpool forum and persistantly makes numerous posts on the basis of "Liverpool posters come into the Man Utd and Arsenal threads and always make a nuisance of themselves" ... so he decides to do the same.

So the first basis for appeal is this - why wasn't this guy found sooner and Yellow Carded as he was doing it for days.
    Second basis - i am not a Mod, i do not intend to be a Mod and i commend the time that Mods put in to keep the palce in order, but isn't it a little strange that i get infracted for doing the job of the Mod who was and/or should have had the guy banned in the first place many times over and was correct to do so even though it is not allowed? If you catch my drift?

I pointed out that he was coming into a thread where people are possibly at their happiest, smuggest and contentedness for a long time, to argue that Liverpool supporters try to get a reaction out of people? This is surely a FISH attempt and even though i bit with both sets of teeth, i think it is harsh that i was merely speaking my mind, i didn't abuse the guy, insult his intelligence or anything too bad when comsidering he left himself completely wide open for it. This just allows Fishermen off the hook (Pardon the pun) and punishes the fish that got attracted to its bait.

... thats it i guess. I am not blaming Kess who banned me, just saying he is doing it correct by the letter of the law but needs to use some common sense here as the Fishing attempt should be the issue not the response. If that is the case then EVERYTIME someone corrects grammar, points out that someone made a stupid post or disagrees with an opinion they are back seat modding? Come on!

Anyway, its nearly the season end, harsh to be banned for 2 weeks now, sure if i do it again feel free to ban me for a month or two. (As i have obviously just been made aware of what backseat modding is and wasn't too well up on the actual intricacies of it)

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Why do you think you have the right to tell another poster to
    go back to the meltdown that is the Man Utd superthread

That is a clear case of backseat modding. You should never tell any otehr poster what to do. That's reserved for the mods. Indeed you effectively admit this with your statement
    isn't it a little strange that i get infracted for doing the job of the Mod

The actions of another poster are not up for discussion here. If you have a problem with a poster of their posts report them and leave it to the local mods to deal with.

Yellow card and resultant ban upheld.

You may ask for an Admin to review this should you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Beasty wrote: »
    Why do you think you have the right to tell another poster to

That is a clear case of backseat modding. You should never tell any otehr poster what to do. That's reserved for the mods. Indeed you effectively admit this with your statement

Why do i have the right to? Cos the guy was fishing, pure and simple fishing and he i still at it i might add as i seen today as a logged out user. As for telling him where to go, meltdown thread is a true statement as the place is in classic meltdown as anyone can see, as for TELLING him to go there - its like suggestion, go take a run and jump, or you should know better. I am not ordering him to go, i don't have secret powers - its a figure of speech. I don't particularly care if he goes anywhere, i was more curious as to why he'd go to a thread where he was not wanted and make himself look silly in the middle of an argument - one that he should have been banned for multiple times.

Backseat Modding would be "You have no right to be in this thread, please read the charter and go back to the thread of which you support and stop fishing. Your comments are not warranted here and it is against the rules" .... HUGE difference.

As i said, its interpretation. I know what i mean.

(How do i ask an Admin?)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

(How do i ask an Admin?)

Consider me asked.
    Why do i have the right to? Cos the guy was fishing, pure and simple fishing and he i still at it i might add as i seen today as a logged out user.

I'm afraid that regardless of what another poster is doing, you don't have the right to tell them what to do. The Report Post button is there for you to use if you have an issue with a post.
    As i said, its interpretation. I know what i mean.

I do, and there's no way to interpret "isn't it a little strange that i get infracted for doing the job of the Mod " as anything other than backseat modding.

Yellow card and subsequent ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement