Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panic at bereavement

Options
  • 21-04-2014 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

my father died in jan. i think i am getting delayed shock. depressed panic attacks. have had depression panic before. he was last person i had mum dead do not get on with familly live alone. not eaten since friday. doc gave me something to calm me it does a bit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

That's very sad for you. I'm glad you went to the dr.

Have you friends you could talk to?

Is there a bereavement support group near you?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

I'm so sorry to hear of your position. You are not alone however. We all grieve differently, some get over it in hours, others days and weeks. For some it takes months and for a rare few years or indeed some never get over it.

As December said, it is a good thing to have gone to GP. You really need to talk to someone as well, not especially about your loss, but to open your mind to other subjects and perhaps get out of the house. Living alone is a lonely station as well. Are you near a town or village, that you might go for coffee or a drink if you are so minded.

If you are religious, your clergyman might be another option.

Good luck and again, my sympathies on your loss.

Advertisement