Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for jobs in Ireland while working abroad

Options
  • 21-04-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience applying for teaching jobs in Ireland while working abroad? I am currently working in the UK but I will be returning to Ireland at the end of July. I know that a lot of jobs are advertised much earlier than this. Will principals take my application seriously when it is very unlikely I will be unable to attend a face to face interview?

I know the jobs market is very competitive and I'm afraid waiting until August to begin job hunting will damage my chances of getting a job for September. But I don't want to waste my time and annoy school management with an application that will just end up in the bin.

If anyone has been in a similar situation, I'd appreciate your advice. Also if anyone has received applications from teachers outside of Ireland, I'd love to know your opinion.

Advertisement