Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Moyes sacked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What?

That's what Spurs have now and Moyes would likely be an improvement on that. So not getting hammered would likely be more entertaining than getting stuffed by the top four sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Can we please have a sticky sent to RTE informing them that Hiddink is taking charge the Dutch national side?

sorry venting a little, just like these guys are fricking paid to repeat the same erroneous crap over and over. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Research often doesn't fit in with a nice narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I'd take some time out to recover if I was Moyes. His confidence has taken a significant battering, not to mention that he's probably spent the last 10 months significantly stressed. I don't know the bloke obviously but the last thing he needs IMO is to jump straight back into management, especially in the PL.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'd have him in a heartbeat at Newcastle.

I think Newcastle would suit him and he'd do well there tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Moyes Statement.

balls.ie link

Classy statement that says a huge amount in its failure to mention the players once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I think Newcastle would suit him and he'd do well there tbh.

You reckon? Don't Newcastle demand a bit more "style" than he is seemingly capable of dishing up. Look at how it panned out for Allardyce there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You reckon? Don't Newcastle demand a bit more "style" than he is seemingly capable of dishing up. Look at how it panned out for Allardyce there.

Have you seen us this season? The only 'style' we have is the tactically inept Pardew taking in good players and progressing them backwards or selling them on and not replacing them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

Please let him end up at Newcastle as i put a hefty wedge on him being Newcastle manager by the end of 2015 the day he got the Man U job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

article-2611391-1D4C454A00000578-836_634x692.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Please let him end up at Newcastle as i put a hefty wedge on him being Newcastle manager by the end of 2015 the day he got the Man U job.

Odds and screenshot please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

RasTa wrote: »

I'd like to see that too.

175/1. I put 60 euro on it the day he got the Man U job in paddy powers in goatstown. Im not that good with computers so i have no idea how to upload a screenshot. Suppose i could get the son to have a look later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

175/1. I put 60 euro on it the day he got the Man U job in paddy powers in goatstown. Im not that good with computers so i have no idea how to upload a screenshot. Suppose i could get the son to have a look later?

General unspoken rule of thumb when it comes to bragging about bets on an anonymous internet forum: Don't bother unless you can prove it. Otherwise people will just think you're lying

General unspoken rule of thumb when it comes to bragging about bets on an anonymous internet forum: Don't bother unless you can prove it. Otherwise people will just think you're lying

Who's bragging? I don't even bet that often tbh just seemed like those odds where to good to refuse. Point taken though i won't bother in future seems like a lot of guys must be lying when it comes to betting if you need a screenshot to prove a point.

Moyes Statement.

balls.ie link
    I don't think the players did one bit to help him, but it's interesting that bit seems to have been glossed over by the media.

AVB was a media darling when he got sacked with a win percentage of 47.5% after his spell at Chelsea, the players got the flak in his case.

Moyes has a win percentage of 52% but yet he is generally getting slaughtered and taking all the flak.

I don't think the players did one bit to help him, but it's interesting that bit seems to have been glossed over by the media.

AVB was a media darling when he got sacked with a win percentage of 47.5% after his spell at Chelsea, the players got the flak in his case.

Moyes has a win percentage of 52% but yet he is generally getting slaughtered and taking all the flak.

:confused:

Has it? Sky Sports News were falling over themselves to highlight that he didn't mention the players. Nearly every paper ran with Keane saying the players should be ashamed and there have been numerous other commentators that have mentioned the players being massively culpable in all this too

Has it? Sky Sports News were falling over themselves to highlight that he didn't mention the players. Nearly every paper ran with Keane saying the players should be ashamed and there have been numerous other commentators that have mentioned the players being massively culpable in all this too

Yeah, the players look every bit as bad as Moyes in this tbh.

The club and players handled the situation very badly and it's total PR disaster.

Haven't watched Sky Sports News today, but prior to today it looked like the manager was taking a disproportionate amount of blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Take a picture
    Upload it to the computer
    Use the attach files option to include it in a post
    Or, take a screen shot and upload to whichever host you use for those things and copy the link. Click on the little yellow square icon with what looks like a mountain and the sun above it and paste the link into the box that will come up

Edit: Also you think those were great odds?

Could I interest you in staking some money with me on the next permanent United manager perhaps? OR who will be in 2017 or something equally as unbelievable and insane as the David Moyes to be Newcastle manager by 2015 the day he takes the United job at horrendous odds?

• Advertisement

Haven't watched Sky Sports News today, but prior to today it looked like the manager was taking a disproportionate amount of blame.

I wouldn't say so. In fact I'd say the media is being pretty sympathetic to Moyes in this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Who's bragging? I don't even bet that often tbh just seemed like those odds where to good to refuse. Point taken though i won't bother in future seems like a lot of guys must be lying when it comes to betting if you need a screenshot to prove a point.

You got an i-phone/smartphone? Take a picture of it and email it to me. PM for email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What were the odds for him to be gone at the end of the season when the season started does anyone know, or is there anyway of finding out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

What were the odds for him to be gone at the end of the season when the season started does anyone know, or is there anyway of finding out?

I'm can't remember but I do know last week you could get 5/1 on him to leave before the 1st of July and one bookmaker was offering 10/3 on Sunday night that he wouldn't be the Man Utd manager at the start of next season.

Also, I'm fairly sure that before the Everton game he was best price 20/1 to be the next PL manager to leave his post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

You got an i-phone/smartphone? Take a picture of it and email it to me. PM for email address.

Pls do that Eight Ball.
    Am interested in seeing this also.

• LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Classy statement that says a huge amount in its failure to mention the players once.

Why would he mention the players the lazy ****es, Most of them showed how interested they were against Everton. There just as much to blame for the current mess as Moyes is.
    Didn't want to show any fight, lazy on the training ground, Pack of Diva's on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ronjo wrote: »
    Pls do that Eight Ball.
    Am interested in seeing this also.

I am now living in a mansion thanks to the bet I placed on Pep Guardiola becoming Bayern Munich manager by 2014 on the day he was appointed Barcelona coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Too good to refuse would imply it was advertised in the shop?
    Strange bet to advertise, I would have thought it would only be available through enquiry.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Moyes had no problem thanking the Everton players when he left...
    David Moyes:
    "I have had a terrific job at Everton, with a tremendous chairman and Board of Directors and a great set of players.

the obvious omission from yesterdays statement is more telling than anything that is included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No you didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I believe in you Eight Ball. Screw the non believers!

I will, however, expect some % of the profits for my faith.

Knex. wrote: »
    I believe in you Eight Ball. Screw the non believers!

I will, however, expect some % of the profits for my faith.

Lets ask the Eight Ball if we believe the Eight Ball....

tumblr_mmy6ak5ISd1r1ft0fo1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

murpho999 wrote: »
    I am now living in a mansion thanks to the bet I placed on Pep Guardiola becoming Bayern Munich manager by 2014 on the day he was appointed Barcelona coach.

I'm still waiting on my accumulator that I placed 18 months ago which included Fergie to retire, Mourinho to return to Chelsea and Brock Lesnar to beat the Undertaker's streak.

I'm just sweating on Liverpool to win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I put money on Denmark winning Euro 92 two months before the tournament started.

I put money on Denmark winning Euro 92 two months before the tournament started.

Reminds me of the monkey I had on Greece to win the Euro's a few years back.

Had to take them at that price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I had a double on with the Serbs to win the war

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Reminds me of the monkey I had on Greece to win the Euro's a few years back.

Had to take them at that price

You bet a monkey on a football match??

You can do that??

This is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

efb wrote: »

Ray Winstone told me in a dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Keno wrote: »
    You bet a monkey on a football match??

I read that in Alan Partridge's voice.

"You threw a monkey in the sea".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Grayditch wrote: »
    I read that in Alan Partridge's voice.

"You threw a monkey in the sea".

(when I saw Eightballs bet....)

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I just put €100 on eight ball being a lying spoofer with Paddy Power. They would only give me 1/100 though but at least i'll get a mars bar out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Van Gaal to replace Moyes as Man Utd manager
    Eight Ball to replace Moyes as the butt of all jokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If there was ever a rule from the gambling forum that could do with enforcement around here...

Liam O wrote: »
    If there was ever a rule from the gambling forum that could do with enforcement around here...

Should be a rule on most forums. Had one guy on the rugby forum a year or so back claiming he was putting silly (and I mean silly) amounts of money on bets. Guy hadn't a notion either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

efb wrote: »

Technically I think it kinda worked out a score draw.
    Of course they lost the rematch in Kosovo.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Wouldn't call Real Madrid a classless club either "buddy" .

Just seen this and I think Vincente del Bosque might disagree with you.
    They had just won La Liga, everyone was celebrating and he was told they wouldn't be extending his contract.

I'm delighted he went on to great things with Spain while Real Madrid struggled to win anything.

Too good to refuse would imply it was advertised in the shop?
    Strange bet to advertise, I would have thought it would only be available through enquiry.

My neighbour works in PP and i asked her to check out the price for me.

Tbh some of the posts on here referring to my bet are pretty inmature. The odds i thought where fairly generous and for me it was a no brainer given Moyes track record as a manager (never winning anything) and Newcastles revolving door manager policy.

I have taken a picture on my sons phone of the docket and had logged on to upload it but iv'e zero interest partaking in the soccer forum any longer if the last couple of pages are anything to go by.

Being told to "f off" and the like i thought where fairly low brow but i guess im from an older generation and am not as cyinical as some.

Hope i win the bet now i'll enjoy my winnings that little bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My neighbour works in PP and i asked her to check out the price for me.

Tbh some of the posts on here referring to my bet are pretty inmature. The odds i thought where fairly generous and for me it was a no brainer given Moyes track record as a manager (never winning anything) and Newcastles revolving door manager policy.

I have taken a picture on my sons phone of the docket and had logged on to upload it but iv'e zero interest partaking in the soccer forum any longer if the last couple of pages are anything to go by.

Being told to "f off" and the like i thought where fairly low brow but i guess im from an older generation and am not as cyinical as some.

Hope i win the bet now i'll enjoy my winnings that little bit more.

"closed account"

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Full of absolute shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Brilliant stuff.

If this paragraph is about the eight ball .gif I posted then I apologise.

It was not posted to tell you to 'f off' but I can see how you took it up wrong.

The question was lets ask the eight ball if we believe you.... with 'f off' being the answer to the question and not directed at you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement