Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Moyes sacked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Meltdown of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Eight Ball wrote: »
    Tbh some of the posts on here referring to my bet are pretty inmature. The odds i thought where fairly generous and for me it was a no brainer given Moyes track record as a manager (never winning anything) and Newcastles revolving door manager policy
    Alan Pardew is the second longest serving Premier League manager active today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

My neighbour works in PP and i asked her to check out the price for me.

Tbh some of the posts on here referring to my bet are pretty inmature. The odds i thought where fairly generous and for me it was a no brainer given Moyes track record as a manager (never winning anything) and Newcastles revolving door manager policy.

I have taken a picture on my sons phone of the docket and had logged on to upload it but iv'e zero interest partaking in the soccer forum any longer if the last couple of pages are anything to go by.

Being told to "f off" and the like i thought where fairly low brow but i guess im from an older generation and am not as cyinical as some.

Hope i win the bet now i'll enjoy my winnings that little bit more.

Post of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Eight balls implosion has nearly been as entertaining as United's one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Interesting reading back over the thread of when moyes was appointed. Anyone like myself that suggested utd/ moyes would struggle were fairly shot down. Have to say I got it wrong aswell as although I thought Utd would struggle by their standards( finish 3rd/4th) never would I have felt the season was to pan out the way it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Interesting reading back over the thread of when moyes was appointed. Anyone like myself that suggested utd/ moyes would struggle were fairly shot down. Have to say I got it wrong aswell as although I thought Utd would struggle by their standards( finish 3rd/4th) never would I have felt the season was to pan out the way it did.

It was wishful thinking on both sides. One side was going to be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I have taken a picture on my sons phone of the docket and had logged on to upload it but iv'e zero interest partaking in the soccer forum any longer if the last couple of pages are anything to go by.

I'm sorry but if this was true he would 100% have posted the pic, then closed his account and rode off into the sunset. Pity, that would have been poetry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SantryRed wrote: »
    "closed account"

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Full of absolute shite.

He's probably gone into hiding, what with all those millions he's going to win.

Can't be risking a kidnapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

maybe it was because of similar sentiments at the start of every season over the last 10-15 years. Stop taking it seriously after a while...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

hommange8tr8348s83.jpg

Shame he will be back soon in some other form, headwrecking is not the word, spot the re reg in a month I suppose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Eight balls implosion has nearly been as entertaining as United's one this year.

Wouldn't call United an implosion this season, never got going to implode, more of a demise I guess. A drop off from previous levels shall we say.

Other then that and a sad obsession, carry on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

SantryRed wrote: »
    "closed account"

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Full of absolute shite.

He won't be a loss that's for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Headshot wrote: »
    He won't be a loss that's for sure

Least he will have loads of money to keep him happy if bet comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tbh some of the posts on here referring to my bet are pretty inmature. The odds i thought where fairly generous and for me it was a no brainer given Moyes track record as a manager (never winning anything) and Newcastles revolving door manager policy.

They've had two managers in the last five years. Hardly a "revolving door manager policy", even less so when you consider their current manager is the second longest serving in the Premier League.

zarquon wrote: »
    I just put €100 on eight ball being a lying spoofer with Paddy Power. They would only give me 1/100 though but at least i'll get a mars bar out of it.

Would ya stop she wouldn't go near ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Comedy gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Comedy gold

Who? Sac, Moyes or Man U? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

jmayo wrote: »
    Technically I think it kinda worked out a score draw.
    Of course they lost the rematch in Kosovo.

Yeah didn't pay out!!!

What a thread!

Pure gold

Can I bring it to Cash4Gold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

efb wrote: »
    Can I bring it to Cash4Gold?

Make sure you get a receipt :-)

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Make sure you get a receipt :-)

They offered me €1,000 for it but I can't put the receipt on the thread cos it's all bollox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Poor aul EightBall's dreams will be haunted by the decapitated ghost head of Ray Winston shouting "lies make baby Jesus cry, u fackin mug".

Is Eight Ball John Waters???

It's Moyes' birthday today- the highlight being his trip to the dole office...

efb wrote: »
    It's Moyes' birthday today- the highlight being his trip to the dole office...

Are you entitled to dole if you've earned ~ £10m in the past year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

rarnes1 wrote: »

Only in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He's hardly after declaring that, sure it was blatant robbery.

Would he not have his NI payments up to date. £57 he'd be losing out on EVERY WEEK!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Ok so I've missed a couple of pages.

What I'm gathering is that David moyes has been posting on boards under the user name eight ball, he lives in Newcastle and is friends with paddy power.... Am I on the right track?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The board had nothing do with the decision - it was all this guy's doing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

So Eight ball has left - a sad day for the forum. In his press release he thanked the mods of the forum but no mention of the contributors which is very telling. SS News are expected to run with the story in the next hour. Eight balls son will take temporary charge of posting until the end of the season however the mythical docket is still nowhere to be seen.

In his press conference Eight ball's son said that he hopes to give Paddy Power a tough weekend but either way he will continue to bet the "eight ball way"

PP is now also quoted as saying that eight ball also placed a bet on Moyes winning the CL with Bayern Munich by 2016 - you heard it here first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hmmmmm, didn't think he would close his account over it.

Although will be back soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

zarquon wrote: »
    So Eight ball has left - a sad day for the forum. In his press release he thanked the mods of the forum but no mention of the contributors which is very telling. SS News are expected to run with the story in the next hour. Eight balls son will take temporary charge of posting until the end of the season however the mythical docket is still nowhere to be seen.

In his press conference Eight ball's son said that he hopes to give Paddy Power a tough weekend but either way he will continue to bet the "eight ball way"

PP is now also quoted as saying that eight ball also placed a bet on Moyes winning the CL with Bayern Munich by 2016 - you heard it here first!
    Well played sir! (Which is a term poor old Moyes didn't say too often this season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

In France you get 70% of your salary on the dole for the first year, in Norway its something like 90% for the first 6 months. While I imagine there are some restrictions for ultra high earners it would be amusing to see Moyes quing up with local skangers to get 80k a week on the scratcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Has anyone a link to David's exit interview? Interested to see it but can not find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Giggs wearing the suit. You know what they say, dress for the job you want, not the one you have.

Well, that sort of applies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Turtyturd wrote: »
    RIP humour thread.
    djPSB wrote: »
    Be grand.

When City win the League, it'll be full of mocking Liverpool humor.

Called this one fairly well anyways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Roddy Collins has left Derry City. Must be about to take over from moyes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sacked again. Official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No surprise there, it clearly wasn't working out. He got plenty of time to turn things around in fairness. I'd expect to see him land the next vacancy in England outside of the bigger clubs.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Chelsea need someone to steer them out of a relegation battle, perfect for Moyes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

It has been coming for a while now.

Must be tough for an non Spanish manager to go there considering the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fair play to him for trying something different, it will probably help him in the future but a difficult situation to do well in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Liam O wrote: »
    Fair play to him for trying something different, it will probably help him in the future but a difficult situation to do well in.

Why was the situation so difficult to do well in? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Still managed to beat Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Why was the situation so difficult to do well in? :confused:

The culture is different over there (Basque) and the fact he couldnt master the local lingo didnt help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

mikeym wrote: »
    The culture is different over there (Basque) and the fact he couldnt master the local lingo didnt help either.

Sounds like a bit of a cop out to be honest, every foreign manager in england is experiencing a new culture and language

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thread brings back good memories

• Advertisement
Advertisement